Official Wine & Dine 2014

When does RD usually update their website? We are waiting until registration opens to books a room, hopefully we'll get a room at BWV or BCV so we are close to our room after the race!

When does RD usually update their website? We are waiting until registration opens to books a room, hopefully we'll get a room at BWV or BCV so we are close to our room after the race!
you can always book a room now and adjust it when a discount comes out!

Greetings!

My wife and I are planning to make the 2014 W&D half. My daughter and I did it I 2012 but had to miss the last one.

My wife an I ran the Mini in Indianapolis last May and are registered for this years Mini as well. Both events are lots of fun!

Hoping to be back again! Missing Princess with my weight loss surgery so this is my only chance to do coast to coast this year. Crossing fingers for a PR since that definitely won't happen at Disneyland post-surgery with me running Dumbo. Then again who knows I might surprise myself. Wouldn't be the first time. My last PR was set at the most improbable place you could think of. Maybe it will happen again.

My DH and I are in as well. We are also doing the Tink next week and Wine and Dine will be for our coast to coast medal! Can't wait. Heck I can't wait for them to just update the website. I guess I just love all things Disney and Run Disney is just my latest addition.

Ditto - I'm done with TOT! My body just can't take another long summer of training down here in FL. ::faint::

I don't love the night race timing, but I've heard so many rave about W&D, I'm willing to give it a try. The slightly later date should give me a chance to take it easier in the worst of our summer heat, so... I'm in :thumbsup2

Me, too - about W&D - not a fan of night-time exertion but have heard so many great things about W&D that I want to try it at least once. I also enjoy F&W so this sounds like this will be a fun trip all the way around.

I did read that AP-holders will be able to sign up in late February [26 and 27] before opening to the general public in early March. I'm hoping to sign up at PHM.

Saw this post on Instagram from someone at the Marathon!! March 4th!!!
1z1b7ma.jpg

I'm 99% sure for the 5k and half. Just have to wait for a NYC lotto denial be sure. I can't wait to see WDW w/ all the X-mas decorations!

I promised DH we could take a non-race-cation this year.

Wait - you mean you can go on vacation and not have to run a race? :rotfl2:

My wife and I are going to be running. Any ideas on when registration will open and how quickly it sells out?

Per above Registration opens March 4, and the last couple years, it becomes sold out within only a couple weeks.

I'll be going again, this being my third straight year.

I can't remember when registration opened last year, but we did not register until May 4th. We waited until it was close to being full because we were kind of on the fence. That whole legacy thing just keeps pulling us back. ;)

I can't remember when registration opened last year, but we did not register until May 4th. We waited until it was close to being full because we were kind of on the fence. That whole legacy thing just keeps pulling us back. ;)

Imagine if you can just running Dopey and the legacy runner draw. I almost did not run the 10k to help preserve the Goofy string but was lured in by the dark side. Saturday afternoon, I was saying never, ever again. Sunday I was more forceful. This morning I now have the Goofy, Minnie and Dopey strings to contend with.

The crazy thing is that I would love to keep the Minnie and Goofy strings but then it rather dumb to not run 'just' a 5k to keep Dopey. I would love to shake the marketing guy's hand who thought this mess up.

Any guesses as to when the cut off date will be for submitting a 10k time for Wine and Dine corral placement?

Any guesses as to when the cut off date will be for submitting a 10k time for Wine and Dine corral placement?

While not published nor official, I would think September 1... We should know about the time the registration opens later this spring.

Looking at my local races, lots of them are half marathon relays, do you think if I did a 13.1 mile relay with a friend that our two personal 6.55 miles would be something we could submit? it seems in the final online results they post them as a total team time.... I bet that wont work. :scratchin

I knew I was coming to the right place to get info on this years race!

I was wondering about the registration date as I am about 90% commited and of course DIS had the answer when i couldn't find it on google.

Another question I do have is - what is the time limit on the race?

I have previously walked 2 half marathons with a best time of 3:30. (We did the Wine and Dine a few years ago when they offered the relay option.) I have started a new training program and need to feel like I can make the time limit before I spend the money on registration.

I knew I was coming to the right place to get info on this years race!

I was wondering about the registration date as I am about 90% commited and of course DIS had the answer when i couldn't find it on google.

Another question I do have is - what is the time limit on the race?

I have previously walked 2 half marathons with a best time of 3:30. (We did the Wine and Dine a few years ago when they offered the relay option.) I have started a new training program and need to feel like I can make the time limit before I spend the money on registration.

Unless they change something, it is a 16 min mile time limit. Which translates to 3:30. BUT that "absolute" clock starts after the last person crosses the start line. If you can start in an earlier corral, you gain a buffer. For example, if you start at the very front of the 3rd to last corral and it takes approximately 4 min for each of the last corrals to cross the starting mat, you have an extra 12 min, or 3:42 total. (I'm estimating here)

In 2014, rD started a more stringent proof of time corral assignment process. My advice is run (run/walk) a 10k to get a time to submit and as long as you submit something at a 16 min pace or less, you will probably not be in the last corral. They have begun assigning all non-proof of time registrants to the last corral(s). You don't have to have that 10k proof of time to submit at registration, you can email it later to update but the deadline to do so will likely be around Sept 1 for the wine & dine. There is no changing corrals at the expo in 2014.

Good luck! This is a great race!:thumbsup2

Hello fellow Wine and Diners!!! After an abysmal WDW Half last weeked :sad: I'm more than ready to continue my W&D streak for the third year in a row! :cool1: I even already have a costume idea "swiming":fish: around in my head.

Who's with me??!! Only 269 days!! :woohoo: :dance3:

Hello fellow Wine and Diners!!! After an abysmal WDW Half last weeked :sad: I'm more than ready to continue my W&D streak for the third year in a row! :cool1: I even already have a costume idea "swiming":fish: around in my head.

Who's with me??!! Only 269 days!! :woohoo: :dance3:

Oh Pluto! I was so worried when I hadn't seen you on here after the half last weekend. :hug: I know how it feels to have an awful rD race. (I am lookin at YOU W&D 2013!). I don't plan to sign up for the W&D this year because I just don't live close enough to florida to do all the races in one year. :( But I sure do wish they would release the medal before registration. The only thing that could make me break my no-fall-Disney-races promise to DH is a gold space ship earth medal....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter