Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

So I was hoping to barter my after party ticket for a couple rounds for my wife and I at the HH meet up but there is just no way to guarantee I’ll be there. I am planning on the expo for 10AM Thursday so if anyone looking for a ticket wants to meet up there I can save you fifty bucks.

Do you still have this available? I won't be in until Saturday though, but may be interested if you have it. Thanks!

Can't wait for some expo merch photos! Anyone who is going early and has the time and inclination to take a few photos, please share :) :)

Edit: duh, I just remembered that social media exists and am finding lots of photos on there already!

Last edited:
Weird question... I didn't see any bathroom icons on the race map. Do they have porta potties every now and then?
I have stomach issues, so this is not an odd question to me! There are porta potties at the start line, and somewhere between mile 1 &2, but I would skip those as the line is always way longer than it should be. There are also usually ones near water stops and the med tents. The park bathrooms are nicer and you can properly wash your hands, I would anticipate you can use the ones next to Festival of the Lion King, you would have to veer off course to get to the one near Flame Tree BBQ, and we should run by one near the ice cream truck and the closed Thirsty River. I think there will be another in DinoLand. Miles 6-9 will be port a potties, and then we are back to park toilets near Fantasia and ToT. I'm not sure they would set up portable toilets along the walkway from DHS to the resort area, and not along the front of the boardwalk, but there will again be toilets at the entrance of World showcase, just before Morocco, America (but it is farther off course) next to Germany, and back to temporary toilets at the end.

B for 5k E for 10k runners relations was painless
Now I’m waiting in a line JUST to get into the merchandise area....got in line @ 1045

Hello! Can anyone help me find the Galloway pace group corals for the half marathon? I'm looking for the 2:30 specifically. Thank you! Hoping to meet many of you soon!

75 minutes ish after last post ....
Got into merch, waited for preorders + preorder guest recovery cause they didn’t have my AP bundle listed in system
Picked up and checked out from general merch ( sad they don’t have race specific headbands) now in overflow queue for Mickey

75 minutes ish after last post ....
Got into merch, waited for preorders + preorder guest recovery cause they didn’t have my AP bundle listed in system
Picked up and checked out from general merch ( sad they don’t have race specific headbands) now in overflow queue for Mickey
Yeesh. We went right at 10. No waits for bibs, no waits for race shirts, waited 10 minutes or so for preorder stuff then ended up in a 20 minute line for other runDisney stuff check out.
Longest line was for a bus back to the resort. As we left it was getting crowded for sure.

Yeesh. We went right at 10. No waits for bibs, no waits for race shirts, waited 10 minutes or so for preorder stuff then ended up in a 20 minute line for other runDisney stuff check out.
Longest line was for a bus back to the resort. As we left it was getting crowded for sure.

This is good to hear. I'm planning to be at the expo right at open tomorrow and hoping it can be a quick in and out for everything - I've got too many park plans to get to!

Got here just shy of 1030 .... getting ready to leave now

fwiw I had to wait at runners relations and pre order recovery and took a 15 or so minute rest in visa cause the person (non runner) who I’m with was overwhelmed

I’m not a big fan of the feel of the new runDisney race shirts. I would really prefer to have the Champion brand back, but I should reserve judgment until I’ve actual worn/ran in one.

The shirts aren't Champion this year? Are they any brand at all? What would you say is different about them at first glance compared to Champion? I am very curious!

I was at the expo at opening. Got there about 10 after 9 and they let us in about half an hour later. I was in and out with Merch in about 10 minutes. My whole experience was quick and low key. Here’s a picture of the women’s challenge I did it shirt.
9BA16B8D-CEC8-4388-8289-85423E77B1E3.jpeg
You’ll also get a little luggage tag and bib pick up for the anniversary I assume.

I believe you buy the role of tape and they apply it.

They have giant rolls of tape they’ll tape you with. If you buy beforehand you can have them apply that.

I’m not a big fan of the feel of the new runDisney race shirts. I would really prefer to have the Champion brand back, but I should reserve judgment until I’ve actual worn/ran in one.
Same plus they run much smaller all 3 race weekends I’ve got a woman’s XL and it fit good if not a bit loose with the RunDisney ones it was very fitted was able to swap my 10k for a 2x which fit like my other 10k xl’s the 5k I couldn’t but I life in FL so I don’t wear long sleeve running shirts much anyway

The shirts aren't Champion this year? Are they any brand at all? What would you say is different about them at first glance compared to Champion? I am very curious!
They’re runDisney branded. The material is not slick like the Champion ones. I’m just not quite sure how to describe it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter