Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Short notice but DIS meet up for W&D weekend - like all our past meet ups, Hurricane Hanna's is the go to spot. This year it will be at 2:00 on Saturday, November 2. You don't need to RSVP or anything but feel free to post if you're showing up. Hope to see you there.

I haven't posted here in a while so someone vouch for me that I'm not some rando posting a meet up.
Aw man, I have a 2:45 ADR at Sanaa on Saturday, so I won't be there. Maybe I'll see some of you all at the races!

Got all my outfits done over the weekend, shirts and ears made. Haven't started packing at all yet though, but I'm so excited!! 5 more days of work to get through, hopefully my patients don't expect my full attention next week haha.

Can anyone give me a reminder about finding/receiving the $15 promo card. I used mine last year the Expo, but can't remember if it was a card or email certificate.

It comes as an email, I usually transfer it to one of my gift cards.

Can anyone give me a reminder about finding/receiving the $15 promo card. I used mine last year the Expo, but can't remember if it was a card or email certificate.

Edit: just went through deleted mail from last year, got it on 10/29 so pretty close to race day. I thinking maybe we'll see them this weekend or early next week

Last edited:
I have FP+ at magic kingdom during the meet up so it’s a no go for me

my shirt for the 10k is done so just need to make a headband for that and finish my 5k look

only 41 more work hours to go for me but who is counting?

I'd love to meet some Dis'ers in real life! It will depend on when the group DH and I are there with wants to go to Disney Springs on Sat.

I have to admit the like @Capang, it will take some courage to show up. Not sure why. Y'all here are such a welcoming and encouraging group. Which is why I love these boards. Still, it's nerve wracking to come out of the shadows and actually show my face. Lol

Yeah, I'm the same way. I chickened out last year but I'm really hoping to get my courage on to come!

I also didn't read my DH's letter with his ticket! Great to know but I will prob have the rum and he will get beer...but, he may surprise me and want the rum! Beer before liquor never sicker; liquor before beer never fear...

If you are nervous about the meet-up, just come to Hurricane Hannah’s and have a drink. (I don’t drink alcohol, so that’s not a requirement!) If you feel uneasy, you can just leave. If you are an introvert, introduce yourself to just one person, chat for a minute and leave. If you start to feel comfortable, introduce yourself to more people! You go into restaurants and lounges with lots of people all the time, and you probably speak to people in line or on the bus from time to time, too. So just remember, these are YOUR PEOPLE! We have runDisney in common, so there is always something to talk about.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I chickened out last year but I'm really hoping to get my courage on to come!
I was REALLY nervous the first time I decided to go to a meet up (DATW). I was a new runner, new to this part of the boards and was so scared people were going to judge me. I must have stopped about 10 times on my way there thinking I should just go back to the hotel. I am so glad I didn't leave because I got to meet some really great people who I now consider friends.

I could probably force myself to do a meet up even though I am 80% introverted, but my husband is about 90% introverted and we have fast passes for rides we can't do with our daughter on Saturday at that time! Maybe next race when I might do it by myself.

You go into restaurants and lounges with lots of people all the time, and you probably speak to people in line or on the bus from time to time, too. So just remember, these are YOUR PEOPLE! We have runDisney in common, so there is always something to talk about.
This is an excellent point.
I will also admit it took me more courage than I would have imagined to stop and say hello at a pre-race meet up. I am sure I looked terrified, and no one called me out on it. I also left very quickly, but I am glad I did stop.

If you are nervous about the meet-up, just come to Hurricane Hannah’s and have a drink. (I don’t drink alcohol, so that’s not a requirement!) If you feel uneasy, you can just leave. If you are an introvert, introduce yourself to just one person, chat for a minute and leave. If you start to feel comfortable, introduce yourself to more people!

This is exactly how I handled the one DIS meetup I was able go to a while back! And I had fun. :)

I can't make it to this meetup because I have Magic Kingdom FPs, but I want to say how much I appreciate all the great conversations on the boards. The DIS community always makes these races much more fun (even if I almost never make it to the meetups)!

Although I don't always hear well, even with my hearing aids, striking up a conversation with a stranger (aka friend I have not yet met) is pretty natural for me. I enjoyed the meet-up last year so I made it a "fast pass" before adding in my official ones for Saturday.

I won't call her out, but I had an enjoyable conversation last year at the meet-up one of the DISers who claims she is a bit nervous at these functions.

Now what should I order from the bar............?

I am way behind in getting ready for this (well everything really) and I just now saw the waiver and bib number and noticed an issue. With the time I submitted I should be in C (possibly B, but likely C), and it looks like the POT didn't go through? I'm in the last corral. That's an estimated time of more than an hour slower, so I'm not super excited about that obviously. Is it too late for them to fix it if I call? Thanks!!

#EYEROLLEMOJI
giphy.gif

DIS Meet-Up Introvert (and Extrovert) Special

I am not going to use my party ticket. To induce one of you trying to decide if you want to attend the meet-up, I am willing to trade it at the Dis meet-up for a round of drinks for my DW and me. So for the price of two drinks (about $30) you get not only a party ticket but the opportunity to meet a bunch of fellow DISers. No minimum stay requirements, but we must do the exchange at the meet-up, and I hope you have at least one drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) with the gang.

First person to PM me gets it.

Kerry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter