Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Me 2 months ago: Yes! Definitely book the 6am flight! You’ll be there early, you’ll have the whole day in Disney! It will be great!

Me tonight: W-T-F were you thinking, self?? Now you have to get up so early 4 days in a row instead of 3. :sad: And maybe you should start packing now instead of waiting until midnight? :confused3
About the same as you but it is not like I’ll have any success sleeping before a flight to Disney or a run event! :faint::Pinkbounc

Guys!!! Guys!!! I saw a live turkey today just chilling by the wilderness lodge hot tub.
I'm excited to get a 5k shirt and medal to commemorate this.
(I'm almost 99.98% sure it wasn't just like a Disney pigeon)

We will be expo-ing tomorrow after lunch. Crossing my toes for a good corral.

Guys!!! Guys!!! I saw a live turkey today just chilling by the wilderness lodge hot tub.

Haha awesome!!

This was our start line yesterday

2017-11-01_09-52-29.jpg

Finally settled in at Saratoga. Always fun seeing the masses arriving with Run Disney gear.

Counting down the days to 10k and 1/2 fun!

Wilderness lodge is my absolute favorite! I've never seen a wild turkey there so I'm quite jealous!
Enjoy your trip and have fun on your race!

Ps: For breakfast after your race, I highly suggest the all you care to eat breakfast sampler at Whispering Canyon in the lobby! Sooooo good!

Leaving a little while for Animal Kingdom Lodge! Thinking of hitting the expo first. I always plan on just getting my race packet and a magnet and headband but I swear I always walk out 2 hours later with 3 bags full!
Anyone else have that problem? :blush:

Good luck to everyone running this weekend! I've done Wine and Dine the last 2 years and it feels weird not to be heading down this year. Last year we would have been on our way right now.

I think the shirts are awesome! I love the light blue and I actually really like the orange too. It's an unusual color and something I've never gotten before. As much as I like my shirts from the Challenge last year, the colors weren't that exciting (especially the black). And then 2 out of the 3 Dark Side Challenge shirts this year were repeated colors, so I'd love something different like orange.

Been stalking the runDisney W&D page this morning for any new updates (merch) & found the runner tracking link. Decided to go ahead & sign my hubs up to track me and noticed it says “Lumieres Two Course Challenge”, lol. :magnify: :confused:
At first I thought it wasn’t actually ready for this year, but it has the correct date/bib number for me.

Whatever, I’m excited & can’t wait to get there tomorrow. :cool1:

Super cute shirts! The artwork is so adorable.

rD has done "Facebook tours" of the merch areas in the past on day 1 of the expo, so keep an eye on their Facebook page. Stinks for anyone who doesn't have FB...

Good luck and have fun this weekend, everyone!

For anyone at the expo this morning, would you be able to let me know if there are any women tank tops in size small? or unisex tank tops in size small? Unfortunately I won't be arriving until tomorrow mid-day because my fiancé has some work meetings that he couldn't reschedule. I'm so used to being there at 9:00am on the first day in order to buy my tank tops. I hate running in sleeved shirts, and i'm crossing my fingers there will still be some left tomorrow in my size. Maybe if someone could post a pic, that way if it isn't even cute I won't be stressing as much. lol.

For anyone at the expo this morning, would you be able to let me know if there are any women tank tops in size small? or unisex tank tops in size small? Unfortunately I won't be arriving until tomorrow mid-day because my fiancé has some work meetings that he couldn't reschedule. I'm so used to being there at 9:00am on the first day in order to buy my tank tops. I hate running in sleeved shirts, and i'm crossing my fingers there will still be some left tomorrow in my size. Maybe if someone could post a pic, that way if it isn't even cute I won't be stressing as much. lol.

Sure you still want to marry him - I mean priorities right? :)

Did you happen to sign in to Active.com with your Facebook account? That's what happened to me. My e-mail associated with my Facebook account, and therefore my Active account, and the one that I primarily use are different. Sure enough the gift card e-mail was in my other e-mail account's inbox.
Hi - I didn't sign into Active with my Facebook account, but thanks for the suggestion!!!

I ran last year which was my first half of any kind. This year's course is much better than last year's. Basically, the last half of last year's course was super dull, with mostly highway as just a small piece of Epcot at the end. This year's course looks like a lot of fun going through AK, HS, the boardwalk and a good chunk or Epcot. I'll be there in spirit for you all. Good luck.

Standing in line at runner relations because they didn’t have me down for the Coast to Coast but I ran the Tink HM in May. Cool, runDisney, cool. Where’s the beer? :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter