• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Yeah, we will probably ask at the Expo and bring printouts of all recent races he's run (including last year's W&D) and can pull up the sites on a phone if they ask. Not expecting a change, but you never know. I wish I had a screen shot so that I'd know for sure if it was my mistake or theirs. I don't think it's that big of a deal for the 10k, since BIL, SIL and Niece are all running the 10k, and probably in the last corral, we'll just all line up together for that. I do feel bad that he'll have to dodge around so many slower runners for the half, but at least he won't really have to worry about being swept.

My POT race is still visible in my active account, so if you did submit it, it might still be there. Log into his account, choose my account from the drop down, there will be a view my registration link for the race.

(2) I hope it's not smelly by the recycling plant.
That was my thought too.

Um...no comment. :eek:
That doesn't sound good.

I didnt sumbmit a PoT and I am just barely over 26000 so that definitely doesnt seem right to me. Ive never done a Disney race, but they went to 27500 and from what Ive seen anything in the 26600 would be in the next to last corral, I would guess.

I didnt sumbmit a PoT and I am just barely over 26000 so that definitely doesnt seem right to me. Ive never done a Disney race, but they went to 27500 and from what Ive seen anything in the 26600 would be in the next to last corral, I would guess.
But did you enter an estimated finish time that required a PoT? Only folks who entered a time under 2:45 AND didn't provide PoT get the last corral treatment. If you entered a time slower than 2:45 but faster than 3:30, you should be placed in a corral earlier than the last one.

I dont remember what I put in, but it was definitely not a time they would want proof of lol. I was just saying that I assumed anyone who actually submitted a proof of time shouldnt be 600 people behind me, in theory.

But did you enter an estimated finish time that required a PoT? Only folks who entered a time under 2:45 AND didn't provide PoT get the last corral treatment. If you entered a time slower than 2:45 but faster than 3:30, you should be placed in a corral earlier than the last one.

I dont remember what I put in, but it was definitely not a time they would want proof of lol. I was just saying that I assumed anyone who actually submitted a proof of time shouldnt be 600 people behind me, in theory.

600 ppl aren't even a metric in the rD world.

I'm 1000+ behind Caitie and we've been both in the same corral and separated.

And our POT's are 3 min apart.

Just trust the Mouse. The mouse is always right!

Brian

I would say glitch.

Definitely a glitch and it is embedded in Google Maps data, which shows a rise in elevation of 43 feet from the AK turnstiles to roughly where the anteater lives. It must be picking up a treetop in there somewhere.

My POT race is still visible in my active account, so if you did submit it, it might still be there. Log into his account, choose my account from the drop down, there will be a view my registration link for the race.

Yeah, there's nothing there. So, I guess I really did forget to submit it. I probably thought I'd hold out for the race we were running in May. He didn't end up improving his POT at that race, so I guess I figured that I had entered an old POT earlier and never bothered to check.

Looking at the course maps a little more...the Wine & Dine half marathon is essentially miles 9-17 of the marathon (in reverse) combined with miles 9-13.1 of the WDW and Princess Half Marathons. :confused3

WARNING: This thing is a complete eyesore but hopefully somewhat illustrates what I'm talking about. The black & white portion is the WDW Marathon course from this year and the color portion is from the WDW Half Marathon...and then of course our Wine & Dine map:
30269929642_f47be4897d_o.jpg

So...I guess on the bright side, if anyone that is doing this for the first time has questions about the course, most of us can answer them since we've run portions of it before. :rotfl2: Example: the loop between miles 10 and 11 is definitely running up an overpass.
Is it just me, or is this a relatively magic-limited course?? Is this really the best that could be done with DHS construction?

Seems a tad disappointing... unless they bump up the entertainment on the course...

If I am placed in the last coral, I imagine the first mile or so will be a slow jog/walk, just because of the sheer number of people starting. Is this correct?

9 m/m, eh?... You have no idea. :D

Edit: But let me say, do be careful as you weave in and out of the crowd. I'm not going to say not to do that altogether, because it is inevitable. (You'll be passing people from most of the corrals in front of you as well.) It will get frustrating. A lot of runners out there don't know not to walk on the farthest left possible, so just remember to say 'excuse me' and 'on your left' in the most cheerful Disney-like voice you have, stay patient, and have fun!

Wait... what? What if you submit 2:45? So right at the cutoff, but without PoT bc it's NOT required. Last corral??

I now have a PoT under this but didn't at the time (old one was over 2yrs old).

Just trying to get a sense of what to expect.

Is it just me, or is this a relatively magic-limited course?? Is this really the best that could be done with DHS construction?

Seems a tad disappointing... unless they bump up the entertainment on the course...
I'm trying hard not to be disappointed, but a lap around WS would have been great. In the past they couldn't do that since the party was right after the race, but I was hoping they'd make it happen this year. Sigh.

I'm fine with my corral, but I'm kind of chuckling because I'm only FOUR numbers into it...meaning I just missed the earlier one. LMAO. Still, not complaining, its just kind of, so ME. :rotfl:

Last edited:
I don't remember there being one, but the park miles are always a little slower just because the paths are more narrow. And the surfaces in AK are uneven (Disney details!) so that's something to be aware of. Sunrise near/in AK should be beautiful though.

Um...no comment. :eek:
I hope I make it to AK in time to see the sunrise! I'll be cutting it close though with the earlier sunrise due to Daylight Saving Time (6:42 am on the 6th) and a middle of the pack start probably around 6:00.

I've seen comments before about the recycling plant (perhaps from one of your Marathon reports!). I understand it smells, but how long does it typically last for? I hope it's not noticeable from really far away in either direction.

Event guide, corrals, and waivers are up on rundisney site.
Yay! I'm in corral G, which is what I had last year with a similar POT. So I'm good with that.

I'm trying hard not to be disappointed, but a lap around WS would have been great. In the past they couldn't do that since the party was right after the race, but I was hoping they'd make it happen this year. Sigh.
While a lap around WS would have been awesome during the half, I still keep thinking that while we all have these ideas, it maybe just didn't add up with what roads are available. We'll never know for sure, but I'm not going to stress or spend time being disappointed about it. As I have said earlier, I'm just glad to be going back, looking forward to doing the 10K as well, and just want to be able to do a complete half marathon this time.

I'm fine with my corral, but I'm kind of chuckling because I'm only FOUR numbers into it...meaning I just missed the earlier one. LMAO. Still, not complaining, its just kind of, so ME. :rotfl:
Same thing for me, except I'm six numbers in. I guess somebody has to be the cutoff person. :P

The official course maps are also linked separately on the RunDisney site. Can I just say that I'm super jealous of everyone doing the 5K! If the logo on the map is what is going to be on the t-shirt, it is so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter