• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

And one more! for now!

What time do you think i could get back to the yacht club after the half, if I am in the last corral, complete it within 2 hours 30 minutes and need to take the coach back?

Thanks!!!

I think (and it really is the square root of a guess), you will be really close to Epcot opening. By the time you run the gauntlet and get your medal, picture and wine or beer, Epcot should be open.

Walking will be more convenient than bussing it. (And you could get a fun pic on test track with your medal!)

But to answer the question asked, if you motor coach it back, and assuming the busses are near-organized, and hopefully by then the drivers know where they are going, I'd say you'd be back at the YC by 10-10:30.

Brian

And one more! for now!

What time do you think i could get back to the yacht club after the half, if I am in the last corral, complete it within 2 hours 30 minutes and need to take the coach back?

I'd say 10am. You'll start around 630 and finish around 9, which gives you an hour to get through the finish area, wait in line for a bus, and get back to YC.

They will use whatever race she entered. Your latest/best/any runDisney race time does not automatically transfer. Whatever the proof of time you wish to enter, must be entered by the participant.

Oh yes, I know. I was just illustrating that even when you enter POT (which she can see in Active and has a screenshot and print out of) your bib number could be a mystery. And that even if they magically pulled her last Disney race it still is wonky. She's just one of the people who unfortunately had something happen where they didn't properly place her based on POT submitted.

3 weeks till the half!!! How's everyone's training?
So far, so good! Dopey training, so I have a 3/8/16 back to back to back coming up, then a little "taper" before W&D... I'm pretty excited about reduced mileage at this point. :banana:

Anyone else have race strategies figured out?
My strategy is simple: have all the fun! 5K is all fun, all the time, don't care about pace in the least - lots of pics. 10K is as much fun as I can have while keeping a pace ahead of the sweepers - plenty of pics likely. 1/2... we'll see. If I'm feeling really good, and the weather is just right, I may run it for time. Otherwise, it'll be equal parts having fun and getting it done.

Ugh...I feel terrible. It looks like I either forgot to put in my husband's proof of time, or something got messed up and they didn't accept it. Based on bib numbers, mine went through fine. He is much faster than me, though, so he should be in an earlier corral, but it looks like he'll be in the last one. :(

Looking at the course maps a little more...the Wine & Dine half marathon is essentially miles 9-17 of the marathon (in reverse) combined with miles 9-13.1 of the WDW and Princess Half Marathons. :confused3

WARNING: This thing is a complete eyesore but hopefully somewhat illustrates what I'm talking about. The black & white portion is the WDW Marathon course from this year and the color portion is from the WDW Half Marathon...and then of course our Wine & Dine map:
30269929642_f47be4897d_o.jpg

So...I guess on the bright side, if anyone that is doing this for the first time has questions about the course, most of us can answer them since we've run portions of it before. :rotfl2: Example: the loop between miles 10 and 11 is definitely running up an overpass.

Last edited:

The elevation table is showing a sudden 50 ft. climb at the 4 mile mark, which looks like Pizzafari, which makes no sense. Glitch, or something I am missing?

As long as I'm not the only one thinking it doesn't make sense, I feel better! :tongue:
I feel like my bib # is way off too. I submitted the same POT for all & was in C for SW Light & I for SW Dark. This is my first challenge - my bib is 266## which looks like last corral??? I did take a screen shot. Is the expo the only time/place to address this with Rdisney?
TIA

**Also first time to register through a travel group - could that make a difference?

I feel like my bib # is way off too. I submitted the same POT for all & was in C for SW Light & I for SW Dark. This is my first challenge - my bib is 266## which looks like last corral??? I did take a screen shot. Is the expo the only time/place to address this with Rdisney?
TIA

**Also first time to register through a travel group - could that make a difference?
Yes, if you have a screenshot I'd show them at the expo.

TIA

Short answer - yes.

Ugh...I feel terrible. It looks like I either forgot to put in my husband's proof of time, or something got messed up and they didn't accept it. Based on bib numbers, mine went through fine. He is much faster than me, though, so he should be in an earlier corral, but it looks like he'll be in the last one. :(

The only time I've personally seen anyone's corral get changed, without entering a proof of time, was a gentleman placed in the last corral who had just completed the Boston Marathon. They made him pull up the results online and then moved him to B.

But as anything Disney, it never hurts to ask.

Not complaining, just commenting -- (1) it looks like there may be a bottleneck in AK between Harembe and Flights of Fancy and (2) I hope it's not smelly by the recycling plant.

TIA

Hmmm... I'm running with charity so maybe that's why I'm looking like I'm in the last corral too. But I did enter a PoT when I registered through Active through the charity... that's an interesting possibility.

The only time I've personally seen anyone's corral get changed, without entering a proof of time, was a gentleman placed in the last corral who had just completed the Boston Marathon. They made him pull up the results online and then moved him to B.

But as anything Disney, it never hurts to ask.

Yeah, we will probably ask at the Expo and bring printouts of all recent races he's run (including last year's W&D) and can pull up the sites on a phone if they ask. Not expecting a change, but you never know. I wish I had a screen shot so that I'd know for sure if it was my mistake or theirs. I don't think it's that big of a deal for the 10k, since BIL, SIL and Niece are all running the 10k, and probably in the last corral, we'll just all line up together for that. I do feel bad that he'll have to dodge around so many slower runners for the half, but at least he won't really have to worry about being swept.

Not complaining, just commenting -- (1) it looks like there may be a bottleneck in AK between Harembe and Flights of Fancy
I don't remember there being one, but the park miles are always a little slower just because the paths are more narrow. And the surfaces in AK are uneven (Disney details!) so that's something to be aware of. Sunrise near/in AK should be beautiful though.
and (2) I hope it's not smelly by the recycling plant.
Um...no comment. :eek:

I found my bib # on the waiver (48**) and looking at the past 2 years of corrals, it seems like I may be in G. I submitted my 10k time from SW: DS of 1:27 (I don't remember what that relates to on a half). Does that seem right?
I centrality hope it is, I need that extra buffer of time..my training has fallen, drastically! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter