Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Oh I agree, I would love it if they locked down the early registration a little better (and by "a little better" I mean "at all").

At this point, I'll just be happy if registration actually HAPPENS...:rolleyes1

Early registration is locked down - its just done after the fact. When you sign up you indicate which early registration option you have (AP, DVC, Cast Member) and they go through that list and compare it to records. If you're not a DVC member, AP holder, or Cast Member your registration is cancelled.

One time links could be done but would be expensive for Active to implement (and they have problems scaling as is)

Since about 12:20, I've seen each of the 5K, 10K, and Half all become momentarily available a couple of times each. I have not seen the Challenge become available at all yet though.

I got in the half after it came off hold. So all my party is registered. Thank you, thank you, thank you to this board that got me into the freaking website and made me stay "on hold" to get myself in. You are the best!!!!

Question for the experienced ones: if you order some of the merch now, can you return it when you pick it up at the expo?
Yes, we do this all the time. We buy them now to ensure we get them, then return them when we pick them up and re-buy them immediately so we get the AP discount.

I'm surprised the kids races are still available. Everything else is on hold. Have they always had two days of kids races for Wine and Dine?
I wanna say no?
Early registration is locked down - its just done after the fact. When you sign up you indicate which early registration option you have (AP, DVC, Cast Member) and they go through that list and compare it to records. If you're not a DVC member, AP holder, or Cast Member your registration is cancelled.

One time links could be done but would be expensive for Active to implement (and they have problems scaling as is)
That makes sense with what I've heard about registrations being canceled - but how does that work if you're registering someone else in your household?

Decision was made for me, by the time I got done with my challenge registration the 10K was on hold, so I didn't register my husband anyway (and I was fumbling around too much to be able to juggle 2 separate browsers).

Yes, we do this all the time. We buy them now to ensure we get them, then return them when we pick them up and re-buy them immediately so we get the AP discount.

I never thought about doing that..... great idea! I always pre-but and forgo my discount! Yippee!!! def. doing that this time! do they give you a hard time since technically there is no receipt for the presale items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter