Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

ok, so this is my first Disney race. I've been following the thread for a long time now, and I have to know how confident are you all that ap registration is NOT today? I mean I know the dates changed, but with all this craziness.... could they change it back? I obviously doubt, but I'm just wondering if you all are confident in waiting till later. Also, where would I watch for the "announcement" i.e. who will have it first? I JUST got my AP so I'm not overly familiar with all the terms of the pages, if someone would be so kind to let me know :) thank you so much!
Twitter and Facebook - that's where runDisney posts updates. Which they did yesterday, saying that early registration has moved to Mar. 22. So yeah, not happening today, for sure.

ok, so this is my first Disney race. I've been following the thread for a long time now, and I have to know how confident are you all that ap registration is NOT today? I mean I know the dates changed, but with all this craziness.... could they change it back? I obviously doubt, but I'm just wondering if you all are confident in waiting till later. Also, where would I watch for the "announcement" i.e. who will have it first? I JUST got my AP so I'm not overly familiar with all the terms of the pages, if someone would be so kind to let me know :) thank you so much!
I'd say PRETTY confident, since they announced it on Facebook, Twitter, etc...they have never delayed race registration last-minute like this (I don't count Paris - that situation is totally different in my mind). Having said that, I'm not gonna lie - I'll be checking the AP page today (and probably next week as well), but with the way things were going yesterday, especially the ridiculous idea that we weren't going to see pricing, scheduling, etc. until registration opens, the delay makes sense to me.
Right?! It's like watching a slow train wreck... popcorn::
I'm gonna pull up a chair and join you. I just can't look away.popcorn::

I would love to see an announcement today but I am guessing it will be next Tuesday. I won't complain with whatever the race is but I do enjoy the current theme, night race and the after-party. Of course a Saturday morning half with the after party that night could be fun too. The one thing I really don't want is a Sunday morning half!

I'm a local so it's not a big deal if dates change, but I can see how frustrating it must be if people have booked flights and times are tight. It would just be nice to see some dates set in stone so I can decide what I want to do well before registration.

I gotta wonder if this will be put off another week? They were pressured yesterday, but if things aren't totally together they can announce in a week what the changes are

womp womp "March is National Nutrition Month! Here’s a post-run tip from the runDisney nutritionist: Think the 3 R's - Refuel with carbohydrates, rebuild with protein, and rehydrate with fluid." is what they just posted on facebook. now that's not what I want to hear about...but passholder site is still Disneyland so yes no early reg. today.

Well good news is W&D is now listed on the DVC page again, with the updated registration date.

When and Where
Gain access to early registration one week before the general public. Here's a list of the upcoming registration dates for the 2016/2017 race series:

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna®

Event Dates: September 1–4, 2016
Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Early Registration Ends: Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Event Dates: November 4–5, 2016
Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at noon Eastern Time

Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Event Dates: November 10–13, 2016
Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at noon Eastern Time

AP page is still listing links for the Disneyland Half weekend events...I had to check! :p

Thank you to everyone that has kept up with all the craziness! Impatiently waiting until the 29th now with my fingers crossed my friend and I get registered.

The delay may have something to do with new set up requirements for having race photos connected to your MDE and AP accounts. Or perhaps not. Cool that photos will now be included for the upper AP holders (platinum, gold, other highly prized metal categories...)

@pxefig that's awesome!! Congrats! :yay:
Thanks! I feel kind of sheepish because when I registered for the drawing months ago odds are good that I wasn't quite sober and rather forgot that I even did it in the first place ... until I was charged the race fee today! So, yay! It's a bucket list thing that is happening much earlier in life than I was expecting! :lmao:

Thanks! I feel kind of sheepish because when I registered for the drawing months ago odds are good that I wasn't quite sober and rather forgot that I even did it in the first place ... until I was charged the race fee today! So, yay! It's a bucket list thing that is happening much earlier in life than I was expecting! :lmao:

Oopsie!

:)

womp womp "March is National Nutrition Month! Here’s a post-run tip from the runDisney nutritionist: Think the 3 R's - Refuel with carbohydrates, rebuild with protein, and rehydrate with fluid." is what they just posted on facebook. now that's not what I want to hear about...but passholder site is still Disneyland so yes no early reg. today.

yeah, with pictures of HFCS-sweetened PowerAde being handed over...yeah, that's some high nutrition right there!

It's like that hashtag ear-hat contest from a couple weeks ago showing 3 women *holding hands* at the finish. Because there aren't people *right behind you* who have likely been trying to get in their OWN picture for the last half mile as you hold hands!

Disney's choices of pictures irritate me tremendously. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter