Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Did anyone get the email that 1/3 of the allotment was going to be open March 15th for those that ran last year as a way to make up for the course cutting last year? Special passwords sent to the email on file and limited to a 2 hour window. Time window to be in the email.

No?? I didnt get it either. But one can still dream. Only tryong to lighten the mood. I agree with everyone that what has been going on is crazy

I'm definitely in for this race regardless of all this craziness (frustrating for sure! but ultimately a "first world problem" in the grand scheme of things) because I'm determined to earn my Coast to Coast. I really wonder if a 10k and/or Challenge is being added! What else would cause a last-minute delay? Obviously the course is going to change from last year and they are planning that out, but there's no way that should delay registration itself. I guess they could be running into technical issues setting up the site for any added races (though they've offered race Challenges many times, so it's still weird). Maybe we should have seen this coming since they were refusing to update the JJ 5K info for months...

Well, we can complain as much as we want, but unfortunately rD knows they've got us wrapped around their finger - they can pull something like this and the races will STILL all sell out within the hour once registration (finally) goes live. Oh well. I'm still really excited and the remaining details will be revealed soon enough.

I have a theory- I think the theme changes.

Night race- maybe? because it works with the theme I'm dreaming they would do. But maybe logistically it's still a day race due to construction at night.

Anywho. NO proof, no nothing other than a wish and a dream. This was born out of looking at the survey questions they sent out a few months ago.

But my theory is that they announce a Villains race tomorrow. With a special good vs evil c2c matched up with the Super Heroes half weekend (aka Avengers).

Again, TOTALLY just throwing stuff out there. I have absolutely nothing to go on.

I'm actually ok with it being March 22nd now. That date works better than the 15th. Now for them to actual post real details about this weekend!

LOL, solves MY problem! We'll be on a cruise, during an "at sea" day on that day. Plus it's DH's birthday, so he won't even log in for work (work is kind of making him get an internet package to check in) that day, so it's unlikely that I can do so.

I already have to log in the next day, our St Thomas day, to get my Princess DVC dates in...

And the 29th is our flight home day.

So now they've solidified that I need to just sit on my hands and NOT register for W&D. Whew.

Did anyone get the email that 1/3 of the allotment was going to be open March 15th for those that ran last year as a way to make up for the course cutting last year? Special passwords sent to the email on file and limited to a 2 hour window. Time window to be in the email.

No?? I didnt get it either. But one can still dream. Only tryong to lighten the mood. I agree with everyone that what has been going on is crazy

Nothing like giving me a glimmer of hope there. :rotfl: I remember back when it happened that was something someone suggested RD do for us to make it up to us, priority registration for next year. At the time I thought it wasn't necessary, and it wouldn't matter to me. NOW, I would love it! ;)

I'm happy with Mar 22 for early registration... didn't quite have my act together yet! But if I still have to get some bibs Mar 29, wonder if I'll be able to do that from a Disney cruise?!? First world problem for sure, but eesh.

I see on the website from last year they apparently offered specially priced 3 day PH tickets? Did anyone get those? Anyone think they'll do that again this year?

Ok so now the DVC website doesn't even have Wine and Dine listed at all!

When and Where
Gain access to early registration one week before the general public. Here's a list of the upcoming registration dates for the 2016/2017 race series:

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna®

Event Dates: September 1–4, 2016

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Event Dates: November 10–13, 2016

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, April 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna®

Event Dates: January 4–8, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Star Wars™ Half Marathon at Disneyland Resort

Event Dates: January 12–15, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Event Dates: February 23–26, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side at Walt Disney World Resort

Events Dates: April 20–23, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, August 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend presented by PANDORA® Jewelry

Events Dates: May 11–14, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, September 19, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

But my theory is that they announce a Villains race tomorrow. With a special good vs evil c2c matched up with the Super Heroes half weekend (aka Avengers).

Again, TOTALLY just throwing stuff out there. I have absolutely nothing to go on.

Last year, I was sent a survey after Wine and Dine, which asked me about a number of things, including themes for races that I would find appealing. I don’t remember what all of them were (one was Pixar themed, which I liked), but the next question was “What would you like most about a Villians themed race?” I thought this was odd, because that was not one of the themes I picked. So you could be right!!

Also on the survey… What other perks would you pay for if offered… preferred corral placement… child care (yes, please!) I also mentioned many times that I was disappointed that a good deal of the merch sold out WAY too early in the expo.

run through Blizzard Beach...that's it I'm calling it....but I admit I'm stalking pages again today, hope they announce whatever it is today and get the main page updated with the dates/times.

Ok so now the DVC website doesn't even have Wine and Dine listed at all!

When and Where
Gain access to early registration one week before the general public. Here's a list of the upcoming registration dates for the 2016/2017 race series:

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna®

Event Dates: September 1–4, 2016

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Event Dates: November 10–13, 2016

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, April 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna®

Event Dates: January 4–8, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, April 25, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Star Wars™ Half Marathon at Disneyland Resort

Event Dates: January 12–15, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Event Dates: February 23–26, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, July 11, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side at Walt Disney World Resort

Events Dates: April 20–23, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, August 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend presented by PANDORA® Jewelry

Events Dates: May 11–14, 2017

Early Registration Starts: Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Early Registration Ends: Monday, September 19, 2016 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time
What the hell is going on?!?!?!?

So I was just chatting with a DVC Member Services rep, and she indicated that DVC members will still be able to register early on the 22nd. The information was removed from the site so as not to confuse people until they get it corrected. It should be back up later.

I have a theory- I think the theme changes.

Night race- maybe? because it works with the theme I'm dreaming they would do. But maybe logistically it's still a day race due to construction at night.

Anywho. NO proof, no nothing other than a wish and a dream. This was born out of looking at the survey questions they sent out a few months ago.

That's an interesting thought. :scratchin I would be super disappointed if they changed the theme (just because I think it's cool, and makes sense with Food & Wine going on), but I can get onboard with a Villains-themed weekend! I LOVED that for the Disneyland 10K.
Last year, I was sent a survey after Wine and Dine, which asked me about a number of things, including themes for races that I would find appealing. I don’t remember what all of them were (one was Pixar themed, which I liked), but the next question was “What would you like most about a Villians themed race?” I thought this was odd, because that was not one of the themes I picked. So you could be right!!

Also on the survey… What other perks would you pay for if offered… preferred corral placement… child care (yes, please!) I also mentioned many times that I was disappointed that a good deal of the merch sold out WAY too early in the expo.
I would LOVE a Pixar-themed race!! I wish they'd done this instead of Star Wars at WDW. That's funny that they asked you about a Villains-themed race even though you didn't pick it.

If they introduce an option to pay for corral placement, I will NOT be happy. :mad:
run through Blizzard Beach...that's it I'm calling it....but I admit I'm stalking pages again today, hope they announce whatever it is today and get the main page updated with the dates/times.
That would mark the first time I've ever set foot in Blizzard Beach if they did that! :teeth:

Take this with a HEAVY grain of salt...I'm reading on Facebook that people were told there would be an announcement today at noon. Of course, we were told lots of weird things yesterday, sooooo.....:confused3

I'm less annoyed today than I was yesterday, but I still think it's nuts that they announced a delay - and a LONG one at that - so last-minute. And it would have been nice to get actual, real information from their Guest Services people over the phone. But I digress...

I know this is a crazy question, I want to sign my kids up for the JJ 5K but what if they chicken out? Can I cancel ahead of time? Being a first timer myself all of this talk is so intimidating! I am so excited to hopefully get registered for this race and will be so disappointed if we don't get in. When registering I should register for half first then try to get into the 5k second?

I know this is a crazy question, I want to sign my kids up for the JJ 5K but what if they chicken out? Can I cancel ahead of time? Being a first timer myself all of this talk is so intimidating! I am so excited to hopefully get registered for this race and will be so disappointed if we don't get in.
No - registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
When registering I should register for half first then try to get into the 5k second?
That is what I would do. :)

ok, so this is my first Disney race. I've been following the thread for a long time now, and I have to know how confident are you all that ap registration is NOT today? I mean I know the dates changed, but with all this craziness.... could they change it back? I obviously doubt, but I'm just wondering if you all are confident in waiting till later. Also, where would I watch for the "announcement" i.e. who will have it first? I JUST got my AP so I'm not overly familiar with all the terms of the pages, if someone would be so kind to let me know :) thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter