Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Wow, I'm not even signing up for this race and I'm frustrated with them! I can't believe the lack of communication surrounding registration dates. Having to change the date is understandable, but at least let people know when it is so there's no speculation.

There's definitely a major announcement coming, and even though I'm not going, I'm anxious to hear what it is. I don't know how reliable the info is, but people on facebook are saying they've talked to runDisney on the phone and they've said registration is pushed back due to "reevaluation of the races" which includes adding a race.

Yeeesh!!! Changed. Again?! Disney Runners updated: Early registration is now March 22.
Regular registration is now March 29.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 31
I'm too lazy to take a screenshot, but from rD on facebook:

"We are putting the final touches on the 2016 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, which will now open to Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members on March 22 at noon ET and general registration will open on March 29 at noon ET. Also, registration for Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend will now open for AP and DVC Members on April 5 at noon ET and general registration will open on April 12 at noon ET."

...The TRAINING for a half marathon is supposed to be MORE work than the registering for a half marathon. :(

:rotfl: SO true!

I have to say, they have really sucked the fun out of this for me. I wanted so bad for them to add a 10K and make a challenge. Even if that is the "big announcement", I've really lost my excitement over this. I feel how I did when they cut the course in half last year. All this aggravation is such a let down!

AT least they finally put out a social media post....So March 22 AP/DVC and March 29 Regular

I'm too lazy to take a screenshot, but from rD on facebook:

"We are putting the final touches on the 2016 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, which will now open to Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members on March 22 at noon ET and general registration will open on March 29 at noon ET. Also, registration for Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend will now open for AP and DVC Members on April 5 at noon ET and general registration will open on April 12 at noon ET."
They just had it on Twitter too.

And this is the official Facebook post...at least they actually POSTED SOMETHING. They've set the bar for communication so low at this point that I'm actually impressed.
24971739493_abf2206135_z.jpg

...for now. *insert ominous music*

They can't push it much more back. It's all ready pushed the Avengers back. If they push it back then they are going to have to push Avengers back again and WDW back too.

I'm actually ok with it being March 22nd now. That date works better than the 15th. Now for them to actual post real details about this weekend!

I'm actually ok with it being March 22nd now. That date works better than the 15th. Now for them to actual post real details about this weekend!
Yeah, if they post ACTUAL INFORMATION, I'll be okay with it. I just hate it for people that already scheduled personal days or whatever.

Yeah, if they post ACTUAL INFORMATION, I'll be okay with it. I just hate it for people that already scheduled personal days or whatever.

Agreed! That does suck.

I'm lucky I can usually schedule a 'meeting' in my calendar around that time. I also can hide in an office at Food & Wine registration time as long as I'm available by my laptop. Not everyone works in a job that can do that. I do registration as my husband couldn't in his job as its too risky dealing with the public.

You & me both! Next Tuesday is way better for me. And I'm happy they have finally officially announced they are figuring out the details of the race.

I have to say, they have really sucked the fun out of this for me. I wanted so bad for them to add a 10K and make a challenge. Even if that is the "big announcement", I've really lost my excitement over this. I feel how I did when they cut the course in half last year. All this aggravation is such a let down!

I was just thinking the exact same thing. It will be my first runD event and first half marathon and all this hoopla over registration and inability to plan flights when they are affordable and resort reservation is sucking the fun out of it. At least if they stop moving registration back we will have quite a few months to brush off the the bitterness dust and hopefully replace it with pixie dust!!

I agree. I'm hoping they announce something awesome!!

Thanks for posting the update. I'm on maternity leave right now, I was sort of hoping to get registered before the baby actually showed up but with a March 29th registration date, baby will be here by the time I can register now! Hopefully I'm awake enough to register!

Love having disboards. Went to the DVC site and found the W&D was taken off the registration list, freaked out a for a minute. Came to the boards and got all the necessary details. Thanks for everyone being on top of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter