Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

All Disney resorts host during Princess Weekend and Marathon weekend while only a select number host during other events. Though, I believe WDW's Star Wars Weekend is featuring all resorts as host resorts too!
I noticed this too. I'm hoping maybe their changing all weekends to be all resorts.

I did the Wine and Dine 6.8 miler this year and it being my first time doing this race I still feel like I haven't actually done the race.I am on the fence if I should sign up this year,there's another local Halloween themed half I always do the weekend before and there's another half that's on my radar the weekend after Wine and Dine and I can't do all three.Doing the 2015 race I at least got to run through the Osborne Lights before they turned the lights off, and with so much of DHS under construction I wonder what the course will look like this year.Basically between now and the March 8th AP registration I'm going to continually be processing the pros and cons of what races I'll end up doing,it's actually very funny that I'm thinking about what races I plan to do like 15 months in the future.One thing for sure if I'm still undecided when registration time comes the Disney race will always get the nod.

We are in....again. :)

My DH and I are both perfect Wine and Diners. I was personally thrilled the course was shortened last year because it was going to be a very challenging half for me. Hoping to be better prepared this year!

We are staying at BWV in a 2br with our son and his undergrad roommates who also plan on doing the race. It is going to be a big party. :)

My husband & I are planning on doing the Wine & Dine Half this year! We've never done a Disney race and it's always been a dream of mine. I'm so excited! How many days before hand do you suggest arriving? I'm thinking we definitely want to do the marathon at the beginning of the trip... so the day before?

We have always done the parks afterwards, but this time we are doing the parks first. Arriving on Wednesday, leaving Sunday. I am always so tired for a few days after this race that I don't end up enjoying the parks. I don't plan on getting a great time so I am not too worried about saving my legs.

I was originally thinking about doing this race in 2017, but I just had to defer my Glass Slipper Challenge entry to next year...so now I'm leaning toward Wine & Dine for this year (provided I recover from my injury with adequate time to train...and provided I get the "okay" from Mr. Ariel484).

I've done this race twice...in 2013 (with an injured foot) and in 2014 (it rained during that race...did you know?? ;)). So hopefully 3rd time's a charm! I'll likely sign up for JJ5K as well. :)

OH, also...curious to see what kinds of course changes there will be with all of the construction/closings in the Studios. Also curious if the AK portion will be modified. The course for the Dark Side Half Marathon sounded a lot like the Wine & Dine course to me (except reversed) so once that course map comes out, hopefully we'll get a good idea.

OH, also...curious to see what kinds of course changes there will be with all of the construction/closings in the Studios. Also curious if the AK portion will be modified. The course for the Dark Side Half Marathon sounded a lot like the Wine & Dine course to me (except reversed) so once that course map comes out, hopefully we'll get a good idea.

Yeah, I'm interested to see this too. Also technically it wouldn't have to be studios right? I mean its not needed for the theme the way it is for Star Wars or ToT

I want to do this race in 2017. My brother and his fiancee were interested in joining us for the PHM this year, until they found out it was in February. He balked at the idea of training in New York Winter. (Wuss) I think they'd love this race because it doesn't require training in the bitter cold!

Has anyone else noticed that they have taken down the details on the runDisney site for the Jingle Jungle 5k? The time and date were there a few weeks back, but now missing. I wonder if we are in for some changes to the weekend?

Has anyone else noticed that they have taken down the details on the runDisney site for the Jingle Jungle 5k? The time and date were there a few weeks back, but now missing. I wonder if we are in for some changes to the weekend?

I had never seen the time or date for the Jingle Jungle 5k for this year and I've been looking to try and plan schedules for the last few weeks. I've thought it was odd in general, but figured the closer to registration the more info would come out.

I can't say I'm surprised about Jingle Jungle. There were SOOOOO many walls up for the race in 2015, and short of running into the park and then to the Tree of Life, it felt like the majority of the race was either in the parking lot or in a terrible backstage area. Easily my least favorite of all the rD races I've done so far.

I can't say I'm surprised about Jingle Jungle. There were SOOOOO many walls up for the race in 2015, and short of running into the park and then to the Tree of Life, it felt like the majority of the race was either in the parking lot or in a terrible backstage area. Easily my least favorite of all the rD races I've done so far.
But there should be less walls in 2016 so construction wouldn't make me think there is a change coming. Maybe its just a change in theme?

But there should be less walls in 2016 so construction wouldn't make me think there is a change coming. Maybe its just a change in theme?

It still says Jingle Jungle and that it involves Animal Kingdom, so who knows. But the fact that there's no information other than the same race description is kinda interesting. And they haven't added dates to the weekend to accommodate it being on a Friday. Maybe they'll make it a night 5k on Friday?

It still says Jingle Jungle and that it involves Animal Kingdom, so who knows. But the fact that there's no information other than the same race description is kinda interesting. And they haven't added dates to the weekend to accommodate it being on a Friday. Maybe they'll make it a night 5k on Friday?

I wondered the same thing. The fact that it starts a little later (7am) then some of the others meant that last year it was wicked hot, so I did wonder if they were trying to find a more comfortable time to do the race.

My wife and I have been talking about running a Disney race for a few years, and it looks like this year is the year @ the W&D. We just booked a long weekend trip can't wait for registration to come around.

Everyone has had great information. Guess this is probably be one of my favorite threads until November.

AP question -
I let my AP expire but was planning to buy another one this year but I won't actually be in WDW until April......If I purchase it now can I use it for early registration?...will it be activated at the time of purchase or when I first use it in April???

TIA!

AP question -
I let my AP expire but was planning to buy another one this year but I won't actually be in WDW until April......If I purchase it now can I use it for early registration?...will it be activated at the time of purchase or when I first use it in April???

TIA!
When you prepurchase it you just get a voucher, which its not good for early AP registrations. It's not activated until you turn the voucher into a real AP ticket.

Yeah - your AP has to be active for you to access the AP Holder section of MyDisneyExperience - that's where the early registration links will be.

That's what the CM told me when I called. Bummer; we aren't going to WDW until Oct so for is to activate the AP just to register early we would loose about 6 month of AP usage. Not worth it for us.

For those that have run one of these already, do they offer race registrants a ticket or hotel discount? If so, does that me we should wait until after we've registered to book hotel/ticket packages or is that risky because room sell out for the W&D 1/2 weekend before March 15th? Any help on timing of when to book what is greatly appreciated. I normally wouldn't book a Nov stay until I received a coupon code in the mail...usually late April/early May for Nov....but I don't want to risk everything being sold out if we do wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter