***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Any updates on the speed of slinky dog. I choose the toy story mania pass over it today cause it seemed slow in videos. I’ll use my luck and just try and get one while at the park after 3rd

@rteetz - You posted Rafiki petting zoo animals but not my favorite Mickey pitching to José Altuve in a major TSL promo? :scratchin Mickey’s “friend” will be upset. ;)

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wP72/walt-disney-world-toy-story-mania-featuring-jos-altuve
I will have to show this to DH. He is from Louisiana but because they have no baseball team, his team has always been the Astros. He does now work for the Braves Radio Network so he roots for them as well, but the Astros are his "home" team.

I’d expect Barnstormer-ish?

For whatever this is worth, I asked the CM who was with that model of TSL they had in One Man's Dream for a while about that comparison, and how fast SDD was going to be. I'm not a roller coaster person so I said, "I've been on Barmstormer, will it be like that?", and his specific response was, "No where near as fast as Barmstormer." Take that for what you will!

For whatever this is worth, I asked the CM who was with that model of TSL they had in One Man's Dream for a while about that comparison, and how fast SDD was going to be. I'm not a roller coaster person so I said, "I've been on Barmstormer, will it be like that?", and his specific response was, "No where near as fast as Barmstormer." Take that for what you will!

I kind of figured it was more of a kiddie ride and thankfully no one at our house has a desire to go on it, so our FPs went to AS2 and TSM

Barnstormer isn't very fast though...

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT EXISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

I love Jose. He, George Springer and Carlos Correa do commercials here for HEB, and they're fabulous.
Even though the promo was filmed months ago, it was recently released! It was Mickey’s idea to pitch to José and he kept swinging away. :) Mickey said he and his family were wonderful!

@rteetz - You posted Rafiki petting zoo animals but not my favorite Mickey pitching to José Altuve in a major TSL promo? :scratchin Mickey’s “friend” will be upset. ;)

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wP72/walt-disney-world-toy-story-mania-featuring-jos-altuve

MVP MVP MVP :dogdance:

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT EXISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

I love Jose. He, George Springer and Carlos Correa do commercials here for HEB, and they're fabulous.

Detecting notes of unrefinement. so uncivilized. :rotfl2:

I wonder if it would be better to try for 6/28 or 29 and hope for a soft opening? Has anyone heard anything?

I wonder if it would be better to try for 6/28 or 29 and hope for a soft opening? Has anyone heard anything?
The only thing that’s known is that CMs coordinating the meet and greets will be trained for their new responsibilities in the new land sometime next week. All that means is the entertainment component will be set and ready to go.

Barnstormer isn't very fast though...

For a wimp like me it is, but in general, no. :)

So either it’s going to be even slower than that or this particular CM was wrong. He was knowledgeable and right about other things, but who can say?

I think I'm going to give the weekend before (June 23-24) a try. Interestingly, it shows out of FastPasses for every day* between the time TSMM reopens and when TSL opens. So, I wonder if they might do something during that time.

*MDE also shows no FastPasses for anything at any of the 4 parks for the 18th and 25th, so there's something glitchy going on also.

I think I'm going to give the weekend before (June 23-24) a try. Interestingly, it shows out of FastPasses for every day* between the time TSMM reopens and when TSL opens. So, I wonder if they might do something during that time.

*MDE also shows no FastPasses for anything at any of the 4 parks for the 18th and 25th, so there's something glitchy going on also.

No FP for TSMM prior to 6/30 and that was confirmed for me earlier. I just checked now and there still was FP available for 6/30 for TSMM.

If anyone needs it I see sdd at 355 on 6/30 now. There was nothing available yesterday for 6/30...

:( If only that would pop up for me! I guess you have to live refreshing the app or have good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter