Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

I'm in for the 10K along with BFF Anna! Registering this morning was so simple compared to Princess last month! Thanks for all the info, Jessica! :-)

ok, now that we are registered, anyone care to tell me, weather wise rther I should be looking for a pair of capris or shorts to run in? trying to put together costumes.

Wish I could make this to this one, I ran this one last year and loved it. But I am doing the Star Wars 10K in January, and getting married in May so I won't have much PTO to spare. Good luck to everyone running :)

That's one of the best reasons not to run. Congrats! :bride:

ok, now that we are registered, anyone care to tell me, weather wise rther I should be looking for a pair of capris or shorts to run in? trying to put together costumes.
I'd lean more towards shorts. It wasn't hot, but it was on the warmer side. I was in capris and a really light weight shirt on and by the end was a little warm.

Runner list updated again! It's going to be exciting as more and more runners trickle in. Tink weekend is by far my favorite :cool1:

I'm in for the 10K along with BFF Anna! Registering this morning was so simple compared to Princess last month! Thanks for all the info, Jessica! :-)

My pleasure! There's a lot of awesome people with all kinds of awesome information 'round these parts.

If you are comfortable running in shorts, I second Kim's vote that you go for those. Mother's Day weekend has been HOT for the past two years at least over here. This past year was better than last year and I don't remember further back than that.

Personally, I can't run in shorts, even with body glide or what not it's just not comfortable on my legs (mostly around my knees, which might be odd) so I'll definitely be opting for the capris, although hopefully I can find a shorter pair than all my recent additions.

I'm in for PDC ! A repeat for me, loved it so much bringing some of the girls from my run group. Daisy's dream was to run the 10k at Tink she will be turning 70 a month or so before the run so this will be her celebration run! I think this is awesome! Deb will be running the half she has just retired, wanted to do a half could not think of a better one to being her first . Also Hien is coming she is over 65 doing the half as well. It will be a fun girls weekend. So excited to share a wonderful run and weekend. We are all staying at the Disneyland Hotel. What fun it will be!

last year I ran in capri's and I wasn't that hot at 5:30am -- i was comfortable for my entire run and it was my first disney event so I had no idea what to expect!

I don't usually run in shorts either, I just did once recently for a fun color run and it worked out okay but i don't think I would do if for a 10K

I'm going to say shorts. Even in January I wore a sparke skirt and a short sleeve top and was comfortable. For this race I'm planning a skirt and a tank. I always bring a throw away sweatshirt for the start but for Star Wars this year I didn't even take it out of the room with me. I'll bring one again just in case.

Runner list updated again! It's going to be exciting as more and more runners trickle in. Tink weekend is by far my favorite :cool1:

My pleasure! There's a lot of awesome people with all kinds of awesome information 'round these parts.

If you are comfortable running in shorts, I second Kim's vote that you go for those. Mother's Day weekend has been HOT for the past two years at least over here. This past year was better than last year and I don't remember further back than that.

Personally, I can't run in shorts, even with body glide or what not it's just not comfortable on my legs (mostly around my knees, which might be odd) so I'll definitely be opting for the capris, although hopefully I can find a shorter pair than all my recent additions.

Of the 3 I've done, Tink is my favorite too! Love love love the girly vibe going on. hmm you made me think, since my IB band injury I've been wearing compression capri's. I haven't run in a skirt yet. Wonder if I'll be able to. Guess I'll find out during training at some point.

I'm in for PDC ! A repeat for me, loved it so much bringing some of the girls from my run group. Daisy's dream was to run the 10k at Tink she will be turning 70 a month or so before the run so this will be her celebration run! I think this is awesome! Deb will be running the half she has just retired, wanted to do a half could not think of a better one to being her first . Also Hien is coming she is over 65 doing the half as well. It will be a fun girls weekend. So excited to share a wonderful run and weekend. We are all staying at the Disneyland Hotel. What fun it will be!

What amazing ladies! Congrats to all of you!

I'm in for the 10K! This will be my very first race, and I am excited!! Trying to do research on hotels nearby. I'd like a suite that is near to the starting line of the race. Don't want to pay the Disney hotel prices.....

Having never actually stayed on Katella I can't help with that side. But I can say that on Harbor, right across from the pedestrian crosswalk to the esplanade there is Desert Inn and Suites. Lots of different suite combinations, the biggest has two full bathrooms. We have stayed there before for vacations and been happy and would recommend it. It would be your shortest walk from a Harbor side hotel aside from BW Park Place Inn and Park Vue Inn. BW Park Place Inn and mini suites isn't truly a suite IMO. They have a room with 2 beds on one side, then a half wall/divider and a sofa bed on the other side. Also on harbor, a few properties down is the Camelot Inn and they have some suites. Another property down from that is the brand new Anaheim Courtyard and they have suites also www.anaheimcourtyard.com

I'm in for the 10K! This will be my very first race, and I am excited!! Trying to do research on hotels nearby. I'd like a suite that is near to the starting line of the race. Don't want to pay the Disney hotel prices.....
Kirstie listed some good options on Harbor, but if you'd like to be super close to the corrals without staying onsite I highly recommend BW Stovall's on Katella. I finally stayed there for the first time with a friend at Tink this year and it was absolutely perfect location for race day, and in all honesty the walk to/from the parks wasn't bad at all. The only negative for me was the parking, but it was do-able. Just lots of people there for race weekend, lol. But I also don't think they have suites.

Thanks you guys! I decided to go with the new Holiday Inn Express, and booked the last king suite they had available. I figure that it might not be the closest, but it's new and that went a long way toward my decision. Plus the price was good!

This will be my first 10K since getting out of the Air Force 8 yrs ago! I did the Princess 5K in 2014, and totally HOOKED on runDisney now ! I have never been to DLR before, so I've definitely got some questions, and where better than the Tinker Bell 1/2 Pros to find info? :)

So I'm looking at hotels (like everyone else :) ) and airports.
I won't be renting a car (hopefully), since I'm going to be coming alone from Fargo, ND. I have 5 kids but we're taking them to the World as a surprise in November, so they can sit this one out.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a list of hotels that do shuttles to the race? I might be staying with a friend but she's thinking of getting a Sheraton resort like 10 mi away (I would like to be closer but the cost of a room on my own is deterring)...

any tips? I'm going to be living on DISboards between now and...well, forever, but with my WDW trip and now this one...look out!

Thanks everyone, can't wait to see you all at the finish line!! (I'll be uh, following you there, not waiting for you ;) )

Does anyone remember off hand when the half sold out last year?
I think it was around a month? I don't remember seeing it advertised when the price increase came around.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a list of hotels that do shuttles to the race? I might be staying with a friend but she's thinking of getting a Sheraton resort like 10 mi away (I would like to be closer but the cost of a room on my own is deterring)...
Here's the link to the DL 1/2 Event Program for next month and it's the same for Tink. http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/run...lf-marathon/2015/2015_DLHM_Program_Online.pdf If you go to page 7, it has the map and list of hotels that have shuttles race weekend. The shuttles drop you off on the East Esplanade and you just walk through DTD and cut through the lobby of the Grand California Hotel and you come out right at the corrals.

And if you do end up looking for hotels on your own, don't forget about the AAA discount if you have an AAA card. Almost all of the hotels give discounts w/ it.

Thank you so much kim3339! I just talked w/ my running buddy and she's not thinking Sheraton anymore anyway, so we're back to square 1.5, but that's okay! Hopefully we can find something and have it set--then just sit back and look forward to the trip. Oh, and train. I should figure that part out.

Thanks you guys! I decided to go with the new Holiday Inn Express, and booked the last king suite they had available. I figure that it might not be the closest, but it's new and that went a long way toward my decision. Plus the price was good!

Do you know if this hotel will have the shuttle to the races and expo? Also, if you don't mind my asking, do you take a shuttle (paid for, I know there are no free ones) from LAX or SNA to this hotel? I'm trying to figure out how stuff works, I'm a WDWer never been to DLR and can't wait :)

Do you know if this hotel will have the shuttle to the races and expo? Also, if you don't mind my asking, do you take a shuttle (paid for, I know there are no free ones) from LAX or SNA to this hotel? I'm trying to figure out how stuff works, I'm a WDWer never been to DLR and can't wait :)

The new Holiday Inn is on Manchester I believe. There is an ART stop on Manchester but I'm not sure which hotel it is in front of. That being said, it is totally a walkable distance to the expo, corrals and parks. See if this map link works so you can see where it is at. I stayed at the Howard Johnson you will see near the Holiday Inn and it was about a 20 min walk to the corrals and an 8 min walk to the parks.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...866625728a6090e!2m2!1d-117.912966!2d33.812123

As for Suttles, I've been looking into this myself and from SNA to most of the area hotels it looks like super shuttle is around $11 each way.

ETA: The ART shuttle on race weekends just takes you to the shuttle drop off near the esplanade. So really from Manchester you're only saving yourself about a 5 minute walk on race morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter