Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

i leave in 4 more sleeps -- can't wait!
i hope the weather for run weekend clears up -- i really hope there isn't rain!

weather was great last year - although I would have preferred it to be slightly warmer in the afternoons! It was windy which made pool side lounging chilly....lol!
we have a cabana booked Saturday afternoon and I'd be disappointed if we don't have decent weather :(
but we will be in disneyland which is better than work any day!:flower:

Still a bit early to accurately predict the rain - I live about 30 minutes away from the Parks and my forecast for Thursday and Friday just shows clouds.

But I know it did rain last year, so... I'll be continuing to watch. :rotfl:
Are the parks a little less crowded if it rains? I'd never even ask this question for Florida lol but maaaaybe it's a teeny bit less full in California? (not like it will impact me going !!!)

Yup Rained on us last year and of course it says rain again but wait a few days and it usually disappears. I hope they show us the merch on Monday!!!!

Still a bit early to accurately predict the rain - I live about 30 minutes away from the Parks and my forecast for Thursday and Friday just shows clouds.

But I know it did rain last year, so... I'll be continuing to watch. :rotfl:

I ran it last year and there was no rain in sight the whole weekend. It was beautiful and sunny. I think you guys may be confused.

Only rained on the 5K last year, but not the 10K and the half. It also did not rain that much. There was definitely some rain, though.

I found it far too warm last year during the half :(. But I prefer running in the cold. The high 60s/low 70s I'm seeing in my weather app for next weekend is about as warm as I will be comfortable with.

I hope that weatherundeground's weather holds...it says mid 50's for the half..not bad. Time will tell...

I'm staying across Katella from the parks, and will not have a car. Is it a pretty easy (and safe!) walk to/from DTD, even at night...?I feel like it would be asinine to get an Uber or taxi for that short distance. Probably a silly question,but at least I'm sure someone here would know! :)
:confused3

How do you get the Texts?

For runner updates? For those, you sign up for runner tracking (there's a lil on the rD site) and you enter your bib number and phone number and it sends you a text and you reply w/ I think a yes or start and then race day the texts come when the mats catch your bib tracker.

I'm staying across Katella from the parks, and will not have a car. Is it a pretty easy (and safe!) walk to/from DTD, even at night...?I feel like it would be asinine to get an Uber or taxi for that short distance. Probably a silly question,but at least I'm sure someone here would know! :)

Definitely! I've done it a lot even closing down the parks. The street is well lit and you won't be alone. If you don't want to walk, but the art shuttle #9 takes you down Katella. You might have to wait a little, b/c there's only 1 bus on that route, but it's free for runners through Sun night.

Which hotel are you at? Basically as long as its one of the ones across from the park you should be fine and usually surrounded by others walking to/from the parks. As Kim said you can take the ART shuttle for free since you're running this weekend. I haven't actually used it yet but last race I got the pass at the expo just so I'd have it in case I didn't want to walk.

I ran it last year and there was no rain in sight the whole weekend. It was beautiful and sunny. I think you guys may be confused.

It definitely rained on the 5K, I have a co-worker that splashed her way through it. We were in the park later that morning and it was soggy.

Weather is supposed to be really unsettled the whole weekend, we'll have to see what actually happens.

Which hotel are you at? Basically as long as its one of the ones across from the park you should be fine and usually surrounded by others walking to/from the parks. As Kim said you can take the ART shuttle for free since you're running this weekend. I haven't actually used it yet but last race I got the pass at the expo just so I'd have it in case I didn't want to walk.
Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim at the Parks (or something haha) it's riiiight next to the BWPP or BWS so I know there's an ART stop at at least one of those. Thank you! :)

Quality Inn & Suites - Anaheim at the Parks (or something haha) it's riiiight next to the BWPP or BWS so I know there's an ART stop at at least one of those. Thank you! :)

Yea you're just a couple down from Stovalls I think. You'll have lots of company on your walks. We stayed at Stovalls for SW and I was totally comfortable walking back and forth to the parks. And there is an ART stop right in front of Stovalls. We're staying there for Tink too. Originally I booked at BW Raffles cause I got a great rate. But after running by it during SW I decided it was further than I wanted to walk on race morning. And I wasn't entirely comfortable with walking that far, that early.

Yea you're just a couple down from Stovalls I think. You'll have lots of company on your walks. We stayed at Stovalls for SW and I was totally comfortable walking back and forth to the parks. And there is an ART stop right in front of Stovalls. We're staying there for Tink too. Originally I booked at BW Raffles cause I got a great rate. But after running by it during SW I decided it was further than I wanted to walk on race morning. And I wasn't entirely comfortable with walking that far, that early.
Thank you @kirstie101! I thought it looked like a great location, and when I booked (SO so many months ago!) it was a decent price. I think I let a little too much of my WDW planning get the best of me, I probably could have waited it out a bit haha
TWO MORE SLEEPS!! :D

Yup, Definitely rained on the 5K, I ran it! SO many people were slipping and falling. Looks like it may rain on the 5K again. I signed up for the 10K this year and It'll be my first. 3rd RUNDisney. We stayed a few blocks away last year and walked and there was a lot of people walking. Were staying at The one on Harbor ( cant think of the name ) but It was just remodeled. ( the front ) and it was formally the Ramada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter