Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

I'm finally going to update the runner list today :) My friend and I are in the air to WDW for Wine & Dine after a long couple of months where I didn't even think I could actually make this trip happen. Life!

Glad to see a few more Tink runners.

And yay for Southwest having their flights up. That's the next step for everything finally feeling real, lol (as I'm up in the air on a Southwest flight as I type this).

Remember, just 2 months until the official training program for Tink begins!

I'm finally going to update the runner list today :) My friend and I are in the air to WDW for Wine & Dine after a long couple of months where I didn't even think I could actually make this trip happen. Life!

And yay for Southwest having their flights up. That's the next step for everything finally feeling real, lol (as I'm up in the air on a Southwest flight as I type this).

Have a great time and a great run, Jessica!!

Good Luck! I hope you have a great race and weekend!

We are ready to go for January's training... I'll have my 10K in training shirt worn every time I run to remember my commitment :)

Even better! I'm debating turning some of my race shirts into tanks/racer backs to use for training and I'm excited about that. I can't run in sleeves to save my life (or wear them at all to be honest) so it's the only way I'll ever be able to wear them in the future.

I'm usually a lurker on these forums, but since I followed the thread for last year's and finally created an account, thought I'd post saying I'm doing the PDC.

Did the inaugural one this year for my 30th birthday and convinced my mom to do the 10k with me for 2016 (bought her entry as a mother's day gift). And because of it being a leap year, I was 30 when I started the 2015 PDC and I'll still be 30 when I finish the 2016 PDC, haha!

If you happened to see a short girl with a panda balanced on her head wandering the expo and the parks after the races, that was me :).

I love the little tidbit about running both while you are still 30. Fun little things like that make me smile.

For 30 I'm planning to run the WDW full. I got a year to talk myself into it!

Well, welcome to the thread officially!! I'll get you added to the runner list just now.

My Daughter and I are signed up for the challenge. This will be our First Tink and second 1/2 at DL. We did the Disney Half in 2013. Wondering how many men might be joining me. This is my forst 'women's' themed event

Enjoy yourself and have FUN !!!!!!!! Wishing you a magical race.
Hope to run into you over Candlelight Procession weekend.

My Daughter and I are signed up for the challenge. This will be our First Tink and second 1/2 at DL. We did the Disney Half in 2013. Wondering how many men might be joining me. This is my forst 'women's' themed event

Though it is definitely mainly women running you will still see other men out there!

Yay!! So glad you were able to still go and run! Good luck tomorrow night and have a blast!! :cheer2::cheer2::santa::santa:

I'm not over the moon w/ the SWA flights for Tink from here. I think the earliest I'd be getting in would be around 9 so no expo until 10. It's too early to decide whether I want to drive or fly, but if I fly, I might have to add a day and come in Wed night instead... well it'd have to be right after work so I could play a little on Wed too. :rotfl2:

Yay!! So glad you were able to still go and run! Good luck tomorrow night and have a blast!! :cheer2::cheer2::santa::santa:

I'm not over the moon w/ the SWA flights for Tink from here. I think the earliest I'd be getting in would be around 9 so no expo until 10. It's too early to decide whether I want to drive or fly, but if I fly, I might have to add a day and come in Wed night instead... well it'd have to be right after work so I could play a little on Wed too. :rotfl2:

Kim,
Fly in the night before....you know you want to. Remember 5th anniversary merchandise.:cheer2::woohoo:::yes::

I second what Vicki said! Fly in the night before and join me crazy early in the Expo line! It's become tradition and there's a good group of us who are always there and the time goes by really fast. Plus all the things you want will still be available!

First of all, welcome to the thread! Got you added to the runner list on the 1st page ;)

And just like Kirstie said, there will definitely be other men running. Women's 'themed' means only that!

ditto - fly in the night before! :jumping1:

Hi all, so excited to be signed up for the TinkerBell marathon this year!! Will be my first half marathon- have only done a 10k so far. Making the most of the trip over from New Zealand and doing all 3 races, my daughter will join me for the 5k & 10k. Hope to meet some of you there!!!!

Hi all, so excited to be signed up for the TinkerBell marathon this year!! Will be my first half marathon- have only done a 10k so far. Making the most of the trip over from New Zealand and doing all 3 races, my daughter will join me for the 5k & 10k. Hope to meet some of you there!!!!

Welcome !!!! It's a great race to run and how exciting that it will be your first 1/2 marathon. Wow..... your coming all the way from New Zealand. I can't imagine how long the flight is.

There will be a meet up sometime during the weekend so you'll have a chance to meet other runners.

How fast does merchandise sell out at the expo? If I get to it Thursday afternoon or Friday morning will things be sold out? I've been looking at flights and wondering when I should try to get there. The In-laws are watching the kids so I can't get there before Thursday.

How fast does merchandise sell out at the expo? If I get to it Thursday afternoon or Friday morning will things be sold out? I've been looking at flights and wondering when I should try to get there. The In-laws are watching the kids so I can't get there before Thursday.

Some of the items sell out really quickly. Of course there never seems to be enough to go around for everyone and those that do get to the expo later in the weekend. It just depends on if you are really into the official merchandise and the D & B purses. There are a few of us who line us super early some earlier than others and wait in line for the official merchandise. They have all of us lined up in a large room, generally people are very friendly and the time flies by. Some of the items should be available for pre-purchase from the runD site so you might want to check that out. Getting to the expo Thurs afternoon you would have a better selection than on Friday. Hope this helps :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter