Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2012 thread

So, Where does one find Disney Running apparel?

We found the discounted shirts on the Disneystore.com but would love ones for Tinkerbell. but I cont find shirts.

Is there a super special secret place to buy running shirts, "in training" or what not?

??? : )

Good luck with finding something. There was an issue with not being able to find anything earlier this year when training for the Princess. There is merchandise at the Expo but that isn't until right before the race. Maybe there will be something at the DL Half Expo. As you can see this is an ongoing topic http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41026051&postcount=1 If you do find something please let us know! :goodvibes

So, Where does one find Disney Running apparel?

We found the discounted shirts on the Disneystore.com but would love ones for Tinkerbell. but I cont find shirts.

Is there a super special secret place to buy running shirts, "in training" or what not?

??? : )

I'm worried that they are done with "in training" shirts...which is really disappointing to me. They didn't offer one for this year's princess as they have in past years and there's not one being offered for the DL half in September at this time either. I sent them a few emails prior to the Princess asking about it and was told "they are not available at this time"...which didn't really answer the question I had asked about IF they would be available eventually. I was bummed, I really wanted a Princess in Training shirt...and would love to have one for the next few that I'm signed up for right now. But, to answer your question, there's no super secret place that I know of to get them right now...I wish there was!

I finally signed up for Tinkerbell at the San Diego Rock & Roll expo yesterday.
Can't wait!:cool1:

I finally signed up for Tinkerbell at the San Diego Rock & Roll expo yesterday.
Can't wait!:cool1:

Congratulations! :tink: Did they have any interesting info or merchandise or a sample of the medal? Did you do the San Diego Rock n Roll race? How was it? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Congratulations! :tink: Did they have any interesting info or merchandise or a sample of the medal? Did you do the San Diego Rock n Roll race? How was it? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Sorry to jump in but I also ran the SD R&R 1/2 yesterday (2 hours 47 minutes) and they only had the Disneyland Half Medal on display and it is very nice and bigger than it looks in the picture.

I asked about the Tinkerbell medal and the lady said it will be Tink's wings with a Tink in the middle that spins! Knowing Disney it will be awesome!

I'm so EXCITED.
The more I learn the More Excited I get. I think I'll just float down the race path : ) ehehee..

Anyway, back on the ground.

Any thoughts on ... Running water..
The little bottles you have on your side, or the pack thing?

I'm thinking the pack would be hot, but that the bottles would get... um cumbersome.
I already get cough on my thumbs if I have pockets in my shorts.. : 9 yes I'm a dork, but it really happens.

The run was great! Nice weather to start with.
I finished the half in 1:55:37. A new PR!
I got my metal engraved at the end.
Stuck my feet in an ice bath (which I highly recommend).
And then waited for 4 hours for my niece and nephew to finish. He ran the full and she walked the half.
I got sunburned too!
But it was fun!
I'm looking forward to doing the Seattle R&R in 3 weeks!

Finally registered at SD this weekend too. It feels like I've been waiting forever, I just didn't want to pay that stupid Active fee. Wished I could've sign up for the 5K as well, but they were just doing the 1/2. Oh well, at least I saved on one race.

I'm thinking the pack would be hot, but that the bottles would get... um cumbersome.
I already get cough on my thumbs if I have pockets in my shorts.. : 9 yes I'm a dork, but it really happens.

They have tons of belts out there with different styles and size bottles you could check out. I think once you get used to it, it won't be bad. Don't worry about the weight of the belt w/ the bottles filled, not that it's that heavy, but it'll get lighter as you go along, b/c you'll be drinking the water. Plus you don't have to fill up all the bottles. And they will have water stops along the way, so if you're more comfortable not wearing a belt, you can just use the water stops.

I'm so EXCITED.
The more I learn the More Excited I get. I think I'll just float down the race path : ) ehehee..

I didn't carry water but I do use a SPIBelt for my phone, chapstick, car key etc.

And then waited for 4 hours for my niece and nephew to finish. He ran the full and she walked the half.
I got sunburned too!
But it was fun!

Awesome time! :thumbsup2

I got sunburned too! :rotfl:

Sorry to jump in but I also ran the SD R&R 1/2 yesterday (2 hours 47 minutes) and they only had the Disneyland Half Medal on display and it is very nice and bigger than it looks in the picture.

I asked about the Tinkerbell medal and the lady said it will be Tink's wings with a Tink in the middle that spins! Knowing Disney it will be awesome!

Congrats on your race this week-end and thank you for asking about the medal! :thumbsup2 :tink:

I'm so EXCITED.

They will have several water stations. You could also take a throw away water bottle for the first part of the race. Whatever you end up deciding on, train with it first. Nothing new on race day! :hippie:

I got sunburned too!
But it was fun!

Wow congrats on your PR! :thumbsup2 You'll be getting in an early corral for sure! It was nice of you to wait for your niece and nephew. :flower3: Hopefully you will have nice weather for the Seattle R&R. :cool2: Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Finally registered at SD this weekend too. It feels like I've been waiting forever, I just didn't want to pay that stupid Active fee. Wished I could've sign up for the 5K as well, but they were just doing the 1/2. Oh well, at least I saved on one race.

Congrats to you on doing the SD this week-end! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of registering for this race. If I do it will be my second 1/2, I'm doing the Wine and Dine this year. My friend and I have never been to Disneyland before so were are excited. What is a good hotel to stay in?

Jennifer

:welcome: Jennifer!

IMHO you can't beat the Grand Californian but it is really expensive. The Disneyland Hotel is just finishing a remodel and Paradise Pier is nice, too. You will be surprised how close the hotels are to the action -- no buses.

As wonderful as the Disney hotels are they can be expensive. There are several "off-site" places to stay that are very, very close to DL. One of the favorites is the Howard Johnson or HOJO as it is called.

You will definately want to check out the information about Disneyland on the Disboards. This is a good place to start: DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=12116066&postcount=1

Enjoy your planning!

:welcome: Jennifer!

IMHO you can't beat the Grand Californian but it is really expensive. The Disneyland Hotel is just finishing a remodel and Paradise Pier is nice, too. You will be surprised how close the hotels are to the action -- no buses.

As wonderful as the Disney hotels are they can be expensive. There are several "off-site" places to stay that are very, very close to DL. One of the favorites is the Howard Johnson or HOJO as it is called.

You will definately want to check out the information about Disneyland on the Disboards. This is a good place to start: DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=12116066&postcount=1

Enjoy your planning!

Thanks so much:) I'm a passholder to Disney World, here we have Value Reorts..do they have any at Disneyland that you know of?

Jennifer

Thanks so much:) I'm a passholder to Disney World, here we have Value Reorts..do they have any at Disneyland that you know of?

Jennifer

Not the DL Resort Hotels, they usually start around $200. But the hotels that suround the property are cheaper. If you stay on Harbor, you can get a nice hotel and won't have to walk far. Some just across the street from the entrance. I'm staying at the Carousel Inn which is on Harbor and close to the crosswalk entrance to the parks, and it's $71 a night for that weekend. If you go on Google and search Hotels Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, you can see all the little dots pop up.

And if you stay on Harbor, you just have to walk through DTD to get to the staging are for the races.

The closest would be Paradise Pier but I think it's more like a mod. I second Kim's suggestion of going offsite. I know it sounds scary to a WDW veteran but this picture might help you to see how close the "Good Neighbor" hotels are to DL. http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/556/11450dlgoodneighbormap1.jpg I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and it was very nice for the price. There is a whole review thread on hotels on the DL thread, too. I have DVC but if I couldn't stay using that I would personally stay at the HoJo.

Not the DL Resort Hotels, they usually start around $200. But the hotels that suround the property are cheaper. If you stay on Harbor, you can get a nice hotel and won't have to walk far. Some just across the street from the entrance. I'm staying at the Carousel Inn which is on Harbor and close to the crosswalk entrance to the parks, and it's $71 a night for that weekend. If you go on Google and search Hotels Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, you can see all the little dots pop up.

And if you stay on Harbor, you just have to walk through DTD to get to the staging are for the races.

Love your clippie, Kim! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of registering for this race. If I do it will be my second 1/2, I'm doing the Wine and Dine this year. My friend and I have never been to Disneyland before so were are excited. What is a good hotel to stay in?

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer! I am going to do this one too - it will also be my second behind the Wine and Dine as well :)

I registered before the price increase and am so excited! :cool1: For those of you with men in your group, I did see that they will have men's shirts available. I hope everyone is having a great summer! I'll be starting the 18 week Galloway plan when it comes out, I think that puts week 1 the last week of September. Has everyone decided on their training plan yet?

I shouldn't be interested in running this race since I'm doing marathon weekend and am 99.9% sure I'm running the princess 1/2 again this year. I priced out a trip for this race, and was shocked at how reasonable the cost was. Round trip airline tickets for less than $200, 3 nights hotel for less than $200, so I could easily make the trip for under $700 which isn't too bad for a destination trip IMO... I've never been to DL and would love to get the C2C medal. My interest gets stronger for this race all the time because there are so many positive things about it!

Hi Jennifer! I am going to do this one too - it will also be my second behind the Wine and Dine as well :)

Can't wait to hear about your W&D experience! I'm hoping to do it next year so I can get my C2C medal. :goodvibes

I registered before the price increase and am so excited! :cool1: For those of you with men in your group, I did see that they will have men's shirts available. I hope everyone is having a great summer! I'll be starting the 18 week Galloway plan when it comes out, I think that puts week 1 the last week of September. Has everyone decided on their training plan yet?

I'm in week 3 of a Galloway 18 week training plan for my local half in September. The difference is that this is a run for time plan instead of a finish plan, which is what I've been using. It seems very similar except the short runs are 45 minutes and the long runs go all the way up to 17 miles! :scared: I have two goals for this half, finish in under 4 hours and weigh less than 200 pounds. Then I'll be sitting pretty to start my Tinker Bell training in the fall.

Do you have a race in the fall, Lisa? If not, I would be using this time really build that base. It will be so fun to see you at DL soon! :tink:

I shouldn't be interested in running this race since I'm doing marathon weekend and am 99.9% sure I'm running the princess 1/2 again this year. I priced out a trip for this race, and was shocked at how reasonable the cost was. Round trip airline tickets for less than $200, 3 nights hotel for less than $200, so I could easily make the trip for under $700 which isn't too bad for a destination trip IMO... I've never been to DL and would love to get the C2C medal. My interest gets stronger for this race all the time because there are so many positive things about it!

Hi Heather! :wave2: Doing marathon week-end and doing Goofy as I recall. :worship: I remember you from the Princess 2011 thread. What an accomplishment to get your C2C in the same month! :yay: Hope it will work out that you can join us. :flower3:

Yay!! I don't know why all of a sudden I want to do this race. I thought about it briefly when It was first announced, but the more I read the more I wanted to do it. I also want to do the Princess, so that makes me just crazy:lmao:

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter