Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A room 5186
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? cruise is August 21...we received our cabin the middle/end of June
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? we book a category that we will be happy with. we understand the concept of "gty"
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We did select 1 room with a specific room number and then the gty room. They are not anywhere close together/but we didn't really expect them to be.
#6 What ship are you sailing? we are sailing on the Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Not sure...I logged into my reservation one day and it was there.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure...see above
9. What month is your cruise? August

cmhand30 - are you flying from Florida?
Yes, we are flying out of MCO on 9/13. Spending 4 nights in Waikiki, wait listed for Aulani. No rooms were available for points when I was able to book the cruise.

We cruised last fall with a GTY booking - thought I'd add my experience:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 06A GTY (we wanted a veranda room)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 04E #5528
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? This was an amazing room - the veranda was one of the larger ones, so it actually had the longer style deck chairs that you could lay down and take a nap on - we loved it!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 4pm (that's when I got my email from DCL)
9. What month is your cruise? It was last November, 2014

We cruised last fall with a GTY booking - thought I'd add my experience:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 06A GTY (we wanted a veranda room)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 04E #5528
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? This was an amazing room - the veranda was one of the larger ones, so it actually had the longer style deck chairs that you could lay down and take a nap on - we loved it!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 4pm (that's when I got my email from DCL)
9. What month is your cruise? It was last November, 2014

So you actually got an email from them when they assigned you? :flower:

So you actually got an email from them when they assigned you? :flower:
Yes, but the email itself had the subject line "Some helpful information for your family Disney Cruise" and that's where I first saw our cabin number had been assigned - which was only 4 days after booking (and like I said, 18 days before our sail date). This was a very last minute cruise for us - we just decided that if the boat had space at a price we liked, we would go ahead book and it all worked out!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 07A GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? 05A #9022 and #9024
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 32 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, connecting rooms and forward, which we prefer. Upgraded from Navigator's Verandah to full verandah.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 11AM EST
9. What month is your cruise? August 15, 2015

Book 05B GTY
Assigned 05B
Assigned 60 days out
Got what I paid for, just wish it wasn't an a connecting room
N/a
Wonder Hawaii
Noticed it by chance when checking ressie.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E #8186
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 59 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! I really wanted the 5E!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 11AM
9. What month is your cruise? September

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 6A 7188
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 59 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Mixed feelings... Love the idea of the verandah, but concerned about reviews of feeling a lot of motion/vibration since it is far Aft. Plus, the size of the actual room is smaller than the 8A (241 sf vs 246 sf including verandah). We booked late so, there wasn't much inventory left within our price range.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday (I think, since I checked it yesterday and it wasn't assigned)
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 11AM (again, this is the time I checked)

*Any thoughts on whether I can request a non-Aft room due to the motion sickness?

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 9670
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Hopefully it will be great! It's a "wrap-around" verandah. Just hoping I'll get a little shade.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around Noon

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Absolutely delighted. Great location near to Aft lifts on deck 6
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around Noon

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11C #2021
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I didn't get an upgrade :sad: Not too sure as it is on Deck 2.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning

Very new to all of this and trying to get the lingo down.

We booked our cruise through a travel agent and have a GTY 09B. We don't have our room assignment yet and am anxious to see what we get. Do you guys think there is a good chance we will get upgraded based on past experiences? TBH I didn't even realize we were booking GTY until our travel agent told us we didn't have a room assignment yet even though our friends who we are traveling with was assigned a room.
We are traveling on October 11, 2015 on Disney Wonder. First time cruisers.
Hope for a good result.

Very new to all of this and trying to get the lingo down.

We booked our cruise through a travel agent and have a GTY 09B. We don't have our room assignment yet and am anxious to see what we get. Do you guys think there is a good chance we will get upgraded based on past experiences? TBH I didn't even realize we were booking GTY until our travel agent told us we didn't have a room assignment yet even though our friends who we are traveling with was assigned a room.
We are traveling on October 11, 2015 on Disney Wonder. First time cruisers.
Hope for a good result.

Hi! :wave2:

Maybe you could start at the beginning of this thread and check to see what others on that ship were assigned. I know it's long, but it would give you a good idea. Of course, one never knows right?

I hope they give you exactly what you wanted! Crossing my fingers for ya! pixiedust:

Your friends probably booked a different category of cabin that was not GTY. You can bump up a category or 2 for more $$ and get a cabin that is not GTY and get a cabin #.

Booked: GTY 5B
Assigned: Cat 5B Stateroom 7098
How many days out: approx 55 days
Are you happy w/assignment: Yes! I much prefer aft, and this location is just forward of the Aft elevators. And I love that it's on Deck 7. Now I'm just praying they don't change it before we sail….
What ship: Wonder
What day of the week room assigned: Not sure, but it was a weekday
What month is your cruise: September- Honolulu to Vancouver Hawaii sailing

PAMomofOne, my DD#2 has had pretty awful motion sickness since she was very small. I actually prefer aft for her if we aren't midship. IMHO it is much preferable to forward. Just my 2 cents…. I think you'll be fine. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter