Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

There is a thread that keeps track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments. Let's use this one to keep track of GTY assignments. I wanted to add three more questions #1. What category GTY cabin did you book? #2. What category and room # did you get? #3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? #6 What ship are you sailing? #7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. 8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 9. What month is your cruise? We sail May 25th on the Fantasy and I'm anxious to see where we will be assigned. We booked a 5 D and a 11 B.
1. 5E & 5D
2. 5E (7688 ) & 5A (10018 )
3. 56 days
4. Not unhappy, just don't know about these cabins.
5. We are linked but not close....Deck 7 Aft & Deck 10 FWD
6. Dream
7. Monday
8. I checked at 8:30 am PST
9. November

Has anyone had their GTY room taken away and assigned another one before sail date? Is that common? TIA!

1. 5E & 5D
2. 5E (7688 ) & 5A (10018 )
3. 56 days
4. Not unhappy, just don't know about these cabins.
5. We are linked but not close....Deck 7 Aft & Deck 10 FWD
6. Dream
7. Monday
8. I checked at 8:30 am PST
9. November

Has anyone had their GTY room taken away and assigned another one before sail date? Is that common? TIA!

First person I have ever heard book a 5E GTY and get 7688 and not be ecstatic.

First person I have ever heard book a 5E GTY and get 7688 and not be ecstatic.

Why would you think I'm unhappy? I didn't know anything about those cabin numbers. I now see we scored on one but the other is forward on deck 10 & far from us. Guess they will just have to hang with us on our huge balcony!

Wasn't implying you were unhappy. 'just don't know about these cabins'

Most people's reaction are more on the lines of we hit the power ball of GTY cabin assignments. You wont really top that unless you were upgraded to concierge or really don't want to be on the back of the ship. But you did choose a 5E so that's likely out.

My sister and I had GTYs for 5Es and our ressies were linked. We got 5Es assigned but less than a week later were both upgraded to 4Cs. I wanted the 5E- the one I was assigned was a huge balcony but no split bathroom due to it being accessible. Love the 4 category so thrilled- it was just my 8 yr old daughter and I in one cabin but it was really nice for my sister and her son and daughter.

At least they moved you to Cat 4. My fear is my family gets booked in a 5a-5d. Certainly not an upgrade over a 5e.

At least they moved you to Cat 4. My fear is my family gets booked in a 5a-5d. Certainly not an upgrade over a 5e.

Ok, so I was REALLY excited and now I'm REALLY nervous about getting switched! Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. Tiger fan, after your comment I went and looked it up. I realized at that time we scored big! I told our friends that they can come hang on our balcony. Sure hope we still have the same one! Now I'll be checking everyday to make sure we have the same room and they don't move us.....ugh.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B, 8528
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Rear aft would've been nice, but it's ok
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Disney Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 5pm
9. What month is your cruise? November

:cool1:

we hit the powerball lol we booked an inside 11A got a Verandah 5B #7020
we were super happy

Wow! Congrats... I was wondering if they would give someone who booked an inside cabin one with a balcony. I booked a 7A GTY and my friend booked an 8D GTY and had our ressies attached for dinner. I was wondering if they would also put our cabins close. So this is very promising! :cool1:

We had a 5E GTY and got assigned a 5B on the Fantasy, is there still a chance that we could get upgraded again? Should we keep checking to see if they changed it?? We have less than 50 days till sail date.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?

Originally booked a 9B nearly a year ago, switched to a 6A GTY this monday

#2. What category and room # did you get?
5C

#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
N/A

#6 What ship are you sailing?
Wonder

#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.
Wednesday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?
don't know

9. What month is your cruise?
October

We just booked an April Fantasy GTY, so I'll be sure to post in here when we get the assignment :)

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?

Have 3 in group booked in 5E GTY on Fantasy

#2. What category and room # did you get?
All got 4A deck 9

#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?

Everyone is happy about the room but I feel they would have preferred the 5E. Which are now bookable. They must have upgraded everyone that had a 5E GTY instead of giving them the 5E.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
All three together

#6 What ship are you sailing?
Fantasy

#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.
Thursday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?
noonish

9. What month is your cruise?
November/Dec

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter