• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

WOW! Well... When you put it like that, I'm now looking at my GTY 7A decision in a whole new light. :rotfl: Honestly, I'm just happy to be on that boat. :goodvibes

:goodvibes Yep! I made the decision to "drop" to an 8B GTY from an assigned 7A partly to save a little money and also to help keep me open to new experiences. The running cruises I go on I don't get to hand pick a cabin, just a type. So I'm looking at it as an adventure.

And being happy I've got a cabin on the ship!! :)

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 7A - 5024
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 58
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? No, was not happy, was hoping for an upgrade, no upgrade. Also, located on deck 5, was not going to listen to screaming kids for my cruise
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Saturday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? October

Was not happy at all about booking the GTY this time. Last year it was awesome, no pixie dust this time. So disappointed that I called DCL and paid to upgrade my cabin and picked another room. I have chosen CAT 5E, awesome room and very happy.

I have stayed on Deck 5 several times and I never hear kids. I actually like Deck 5.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11A
2. What category and room # did you get? 6A - 6154
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Not sure, we booked with less than 30 days to sailing.
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. Month of sailing - April

This is what we all dream of. Lucky you.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 5C - 7524
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 43 (3 days after we changed decided to upgrade from our non-verandah stateroom)
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. Month of sailing - October

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5C
2. What category and room # did you get? 5C - 5626
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not sure - looks like a decent location, aft
7. Month of sailing - November

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
2. What category and room # did you get? 11B- 5137
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It seems ok
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
7. Month of sailing- November

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9A
2. What category and room # did you get? 9B #2106
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We're happy with it
6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. Month of sailing - September

Mary-Belle

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9A
2. What category and room # did you get? 9B #2106
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We're happy with it
6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. Month of sailing - September

Mary-Belle

How did you book a 9a and end up with a 9b? That would be a down grade.

How did you book a 9a and end up with a 9b? That would be a down grade.

It's my understanding that by booking a GTY rate, it is guaranteed to be within the category, i.e. any 9* cabin. If this isn't accurate, I'm not sure why we got a "downgrade."

2106 is definitely a 9b.
Yes, you're right. We stayed in that cabin on the Magic on our first DC. Back then it was numbers only with no letter distinction for location. First come first served on better locations.

It's my understanding that by booking a GTY rate, it is guaranteed to be within the category, i.e. any 9* cabin. If this isn't accurate, I'm not sure why we got a "downgrade."

No. That's only if you booked the restricted-type of OGT or IGT. I would double check how your reservation was booked. If you did indeed book cat 9A I'd be calling DCL or your TA immediately. That's not right! :sad2: If you booked OGT you got a great cabin! If you booked IGT, you got an excellent upgrade!

2106 is a great cabin and uber convenient to aft elevators, dining rooms, Edge & deck 2 laundry room but if you paid for a cat 9A, it's still a cheaper cabin than what you paid for.

If you booked a 9a gty, they have to give you a 9a or better. They can not move you down at all. If they can't give you a 9a which is ocean view, you should be upgraded to a verandah.

If you booked a 9a gty, they have to give you a 9a or better. They can not move you down at all. If they can't give you a 9a which is ocean view, you should be upgraded to a verandah.

Exactly. And not just any ocean view cabin, 9A cabins are forward on decks 5, 6, & 7. There are none anywhere on deck 2.
It's a pretty substantial price difference. IIRC, whenever we felt it's time to move up from deck 2, the 9A cabins were around $300 more. (for a 7-nt)

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5B
2. What category and room # did you get? 5B - 6100 and 6102
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Room closer to mid-ship so happy about that but was hoping for family verandah. Can't complain though since rooms are connected even though we didn't request it
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connected
7. Month of sailing - Nov

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter