Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9176 it's a 5E.
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. We did not want to be upgraded because we wanted the larger verandah.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening, somewhere between 4:00 pm and 9 pm

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10664
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Ecstatic...just what we wanted. Trying something new after always going for midship verandah.
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening...after 5pm but before 10pm

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable location? Very happy
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before noon

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8D-6166
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We're happy, we would have liked a verandah upgrade but we booked Family oceanview for 2 year old and look forward to it.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening
9. What month is your cruise? October:cool2:

Hoping next week to get a room assigned. We booked a 7A Cat and are 60 days from sailing. So hoping to see Pixie Dust :)

How many days out before your cruise do you start checking the DCL website? Looks like people get assigned around the sixty day mark give or take. Has to be nerve racking you would think.

How many days out before your cruise do you start checking the DCL website? Looks like people get assigned around the sixty day mark give or take. Has to be nerve racking you would think.

I started casually looking around 62 days. Once I realized it would be "any day now" I started checking more often.
To me, it's kind of exciting. Like opening a gift and wondering what's inside.

If one is very unhappy with their assignment, it's possible to up or downgrade to another category and roll the dice again. These aren't the IGT/OGT/VGT restricted reservations. For those, you know going into it "you get what you get and don't get upset."

When you can book a specific category, there's still flexibility in changing categories even after PIF date.

Last question here. If you want to wait until you get your cruise documents in the mail to find out what where you are assigned, how many days before you sail do you get your documents?

Last question here. If you want to wait until you get your cruise documents in the mail to find out what where you are assigned, how many days before you sail do you get your documents?

Usually around a month out. Some gty cabins have not been assigned even when cruise documents come.

They normally assign the rooms between 40 - 60 days out from sailing date :cool1:

When you stay in a hotel, you don't know where your room will be until you're there. This is really no different other than the hotel floats and goes from one place to another.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 7A - 5024
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 58
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? No, was not happy, was hoping for an upgrade, no upgrade. Also, located on deck 5, was not going to listen to screaming kids for my cruise
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Saturday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? October

Was not happy at all about booking the GTY this time. Last year it was awesome, no pixie dust this time. So disappointed that I called DCL and paid to upgrade my cabin and picked another room. I have chosen CAT 5E, awesome room and very happy.

I am thinking about booking a 5E GTY but when I looked on the website for HA rooms none came up in the verandah rooms? Does this mean they have no HA rooms in the 5E category available? If that is the case why are selling 5E GTY and does that mean they may have a 5GTY that is not a HA still available?

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11A
2. What category and room # did you get? 6A - 6154
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? Not sure, we booked with less than 30 days to sailing.
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. Month of sailing - April

When you stay in a hotel, you don't know where your room will be until you're there. This is really no different other than the hotel floats and goes from one place to another.

WOW! Well... When you put it like that, I'm now looking at my GTY 7A decision in a whole new light. :rotfl: Honestly, I'm just happy to be on that boat. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter