Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Go on the website and try booking an accessible room then you can see what categories are left and how many in that category.

I checked just now and there are no 5Es available, handicapped accessable or otherwise. Oh well, I guess this just means we'll need to take another cruise next year, in hopes that we finally get a 5E! :cool1:

I was assigned a 5E GTY for a 5E gty and had the huge wrap around deck on the port side deck 8. Not long after receiving the booking I got an email from DCL thanking me for booking- they moved my sister and I to 4Cs. we had not linked our rooms just in case there was one 5E available because then one of us would not get it. My sister called and was told it was just an upgrade but I still think it was because my room was accessible and they needed it. It was a steal of a deal overall because we had both booked 7As and I found it was only $126 total to move to a 5E so we did- then we get a 4C! Worked out great this time.

Do you get an email when the cabin is initially assigned also? Curious because everyone here seems to only find it by checking their reservation. In which case why would they email about a change since they had no way of knowing you had seen an assignment.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B - 6007
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy - We're in a 'sideways' cabin!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Sometime between Friday and this morning.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure.
9. What month is your cruise? Oct 4 Southern Caribbean

Laurie

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 4A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A (#8064)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm a little disappointed because I wanted a room on the starboard side
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? October

This is our 2nd cruise. We were on the Dream but starboard side in May and loved the view of Castaway Cay from that side of the ship. I'm excited to experience sailing on the Wonder!

Does anyone know what the average number of days out that the GTY's. are assigned?

Wondering when I should start checking my reservation every hour. :lmao:

Thanks!

Does anyone know what the average number of days out that the GTY's. are assigned?

Wondering when I should start checking my reservation every hour. :lmao:

Thanks!

Generally GTYs are assigned 45-60 days out. But can be at anytime up to, and including, embarkation day.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Well, we got deck 10 (under the pool, don't know if we'll like it or not)
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Don't know

Generally GTYs are assigned 45-60 days out. But can be at anytime up to, and including, embarkation day.

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Well, we got deck 10 (under the pool, don't know if we'll like it or not)

Wow - 7A to 4A! That's quite an upgrade! Yay for pixie dust :)

Wow - 7A to 4A! That's quite an upgrade! Yay for pixie dust :)

Yeah, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet. It's still a while before the cruise, and it's still, technically, a GTY. It could change. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

What cruise are you on? I'm at 52 days out...so I am to the point where I am checking quite often! :badpc:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 05E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 05E (#9672)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm thrilled to have been able to keep the 05E category. That's what we wanted, but the only choice we had when we upgraded was GTY status.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 9:00-9:30am Eastern
9. What month is your cruise? October 4th-11th

Do you need to have completed online check-in for a room to be assigned? We're in an OGT but can't complete the online check in until my passport renewal comes in the mail.

Do you need to have completed online check-in for a room to be assigned? We're in an OGT but can't complete the online check in until my passport renewal comes in the mail.

Is your passport required for your cruise? If you are a US citizen and you are sailing the Bahamas or Caribbean cruises and your passport is not required, only recommended, then you can do your online check-in without the passport. Then you can go back in after your passports come in and change just that portion of your check-in.

What I don't know is if the OGT complicates it over the GTY.

As GTY I was able to complete our check-in without my son's new passport. When it gets here I'll go in and update my check-in

Is your passport required for your cruise? If you are a US citizen and you are sailing the Bahamas or Caribbean cruises and your passport is not required, only recommended, then you can do your online check-in without the passport. Then you can go back in after your passports come in and change just that portion of your check-in.

What I don't know is if the OGT complicates it over the GTY. As GTY I was able to complete our check-in without my son's new passport. When it gets here I'll go in and update my check-in

Yes, I'm a US citizen sailing the Bahamas but since it is a repositioning cruise I need a passport. The passport exception only applies if you depart from and return back to the same port.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E (8684)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy with deck assignment. Looking forward to a slightly larger balcony than we have experienced in the past. Booked the 5E GTY due to the price not because we necessarily wanted that category. So it will be an adventure!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B for my two sons
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm only semi concerned. I didn't expect an upgrade but it would've been nice for my sons' room to have been near me and our extended family. We have two 5Es and one 6B booked next to each other which are aft. My sons' room is also on deck 7 but forward. No worries, we'll check on embarkation to see if they can be moved. If not, no biggie, we're more focused on the fact that we're going to have a blast!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday 8/20/14
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon, somewhere between 12:30 p.m. and 1:26 p.m. PST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter