Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Ugh. 52 days out and I got nothing! People whose cruises leave AFTER mine have been assigned already! Ugh!!!

Did you book a specific category or are you booked as one of those IGT, OGT, or VGT discounts? If you booked the former, you should find out soon. If you booked the latter, I believe those people find out around 10 days prior to sailing.

Hang in there!:goodvibes

I have a question for all of you. (and perhaps I should start a new thread with a poll but there's so much confusion between GTY and the *GT rates, I didn't want to add to it.)

So I'm wondering how many of you booked at category with GTY, were assigned a cabin, then later had that cabin change as the sail date became closer? I check occasionally but it's still the same. Part of me wants to keep checking, but my realistic half says just let it be.
popcorn::

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E, 10164
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? VERY happy, since I wanted an extended verandah 5E! SO thrilled that I wasn't "upgraded" to something in a higher category, but with a regular sized verandah!!!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? September 27

Did you book a specific category or are you booked as one of those IGT, OGT, or VGT discounts? If you booked the former, you should find out soon. If you booked the latter, I believe those people find out around 10 days prior to sailing.

Hang in there!:goodvibes

This thread is for specific category GTY assignments, NOT IGT, OGT, or VGT discounts. There is another thread for those assignments.

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, 7652
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Kinda bummed because we really wanted a 5E, and put a "do not upgrade" note on our reservation.

This is our first cruise, and this may be a dumb question. The website still shows GTY 5E rooms are still available for our cruise, so why did we get "upgraded"? It doesn't make any sense to me, but then again, I'm new to all of this. If there really are some 5E rooms left, why not let us have one? :confused3

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Kinda bummed because we really wanted a 5E, and put a "do not upgrade" note on our reservation.

This is our first cruise, and this may be a dumb question. The website still shows GTY 5E rooms are still available for our cruise, so why did we get "upgraded"? It doesn't make any sense to me, but then again, I'm new to all of this. If there really are some 5E rooms left, why not let us have one? :confused3

I'm on the next sailing of the Fantasy...so it looks like it's getting closer, maybe next week we will get ours. We also booked the 5E GTY...and we too are hoping we get to keep our 5E room. I would have booked a room directly, but when I changed our reservation only GTY was available.

I didn't think you could put "do not upgrade" on a GTY. :confused3

I will have an interesting situation with 5E GTY. I have an assigned 5E cabin booked for November. There are 3 reservations linked to my cabin that are all 5E GTY. Should be interesting to see how that will play out. I figure since I am on deck 10 that means they could put them in 5As to be close. Hoping they all get 5Es.

I get to join the waiting now too! :) I decided that since with the running cruises I do I get very little say in my cabin besides the type, I can learn to go with the flow on my happy place! And save $400 at the same time! :) Went from my assigned 7A to an 8B GTY for the February 14 Fantasy sailing! Hooray!!

(Will also be interesting to see what happens as at 7A I had it marked "do not upgrade"...time will tell.)

Try phoning if there are still 5E's available. If you booked with a TA then you would need them to call for you. See if they can assign you what you want.

Try phoning if there are still 5E's available. If you booked with a TA then you would need them to call for you. See if they can assign you what you want.

Our TA called but DCL told them there are no 5E rooms available. Why are they still selling 5E GTY rooms then??? Maybe they're holding onto a few for a certain reason (I think some are labeled as handicapped accessible), and will release them to those of us with GTY closer to the date of the cruise. Either way, we so excited for our first cruise...just hoping for a little pixie dust! pixiedust:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9A, room 7506
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, it's what we booked! Looks like this one may have a larger porthole window with cushion
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? October 2

I am on the September 13th sailing on the Fantasy. I had a stateroom assigned but we added a person and that put us back to GTY. We will see what happens.

Little trick we were 5e gty and really wanted a 5e unfortunately got assigned a 5a
. decided to check with my ta and she advised we could upgrade to a 4e for only 160 USD more.

Nota bad way of sneaking an upgrade.

Little trick we were 5e gty and really wanted a 5e unfortunately got assigned a 5a . decided to check with my ta and she advised we could upgrade to a 4e for only 160 USD more. Nota bad way of sneaking an upgrade.

Are you certain you were actually getting an upgrade based on a 5A price? On your reservation you would still be shown as a 5E, even though your actual room assignment was a 5A. I know this matters when you are upgrading at port (they give you an upgrade cost based on the category you actually paid for, not the category you were assigned). I assumed it would be the same ahead of time, but it would be cool if you really did get a sort of sneaky deal.

Absolutely certain we were pif the cost was 2500 for the 4 of us for a 5e gty. When rooms were assigned the 5a price was around 2800 on the website.

I asked our ta and she assured us it would only be 160 to upgrade to a 4e .so I can only assume they are going off room assignment and not what you paid for.

Just a little trick for those who may not be happy with what you get assigned.

Our TA called but DCL told them there are no 5E rooms available. Why are they still selling 5E GTY rooms then??? Maybe they're holding onto a few for a certain reason (I think some are labeled as handicapped accessible), and will release them to those of us with GTY closer to the date of the cruise. Either way, we so excited for our first cruise...just hoping for a little pixie dust! pixiedust:

Go on the website and try booking an accessible room then you can see what categories are left and how many in that category.

I was assigned a 5E GTY for a 5E gty and had the huge wrap around deck on the port side deck 8. Not long after receiving the booking I got an email from DCL thanking me for booking- they moved my sister and I to 4Cs. we had not linked our rooms just in case there was one 5E available because then one of us would not get it. My sister called and was told it was just an upgrade but I still think it was because my room was accessible and they needed it. It was a steal of a deal overall because we had both booked 7As and I found it was only $126 total to move to a 5E so we did- then we get a 4C! Worked out great this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter