• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7a
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5b room 7612 (my reservation still says 7a but everything I've found says this is a 5b, I'm guessing since 7a is what I booked?its my first time doing this)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 59
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Couldn't be more thrilled to have gotten some pixie dust as they say around here. It's an anniversary cruise and I never dreamt of being able to afford a 7a much less a 5b
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? September 26

For those of you who have received your assignment, are you able to see your cabin # when you look under the "my cruises" section of Castaway Club?
We're at 57 days now and I check a few times per day but using my phone on the train ride to & from work it's hard to open my reservation sometimes.

Right now when I look under my cruises, it still lists GTY but I'm wondering if that will change once the assignment is done.
Thanks! :)

For those of you who have received your assignment, are you able to see your cabin # when you look under the "my cruises" section of Castaway Club?
We're at 57 days now and I check a few times per day but using my phone on the train ride to & from work it's hard to open my reservation sometimes.

Right now when I look under my cruises, it still lists GTY but I'm wondering if that will change once the assignment is done.
Thanks! :)

Yes you will see your cabin number there once it's assigned. It's "real time" so to speak.

57 days seems to be the start of when cabins are assigned so I bet it won't be long for you now.

Good luck!

Still waiting for my room assignment. Getting so anxious! I booked a cat 5E on the Sept 20th Fantasy. I am 52 days out now. Starting to see other cruisers after me getting theirs....anyone on this cruise out there? Can't stand the anticipation. lol.

C

26 days to go and no assignment yet! I only check the website about 50 times a day lately :lmao:

Still waiting for my room assignment. Getting so anxious! I booked a cat 5E on the Sept 20th Fantasy. I am 52 days out now. Starting to see other cruisers after me getting theirs....anyone on this cruise out there? Can't stand the anticipation. lol.

C

Same cruise, my SIL booked 7A got 5B. Happy, just not on same floor as the rest of 14 of us. She's on 8, we're all on 6. But definitely an upgrade, #8156.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
2. What category and room # did you get?5D, 613x
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?57
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?Happy! :cool1:
We actually prefer aft/starboard side and this time is fwd/port but we saved a lot of $ and who cares? We're on the ship!!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?N/A
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?Between 12pm -4:45pm EDT
9. What month is your cruise? Late September

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8A 5020
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 57
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy! I did not want an upgrade at all.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Right across the hall
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening
#9. What month is your cruise? September 25

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 8682
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? checked online in afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? Sept 20th

I am thrilled as I believe #8682 has a huge balcony. Is it handicap accessible? Just read somewhere furniture is sparse, otherwise sounds great. Will miss the privacy curtain though!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 8682
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? checked online in afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? Sept 20th

I am thrilled as I believe #8682 has a huge balcony. Is it handicap accessible? Just read somewhere furniture is sparse, otherwise sounds great. Will miss the privacy curtain though!

Congrats! :thumbsup2
We have this room booked for Feb. and can't wait! I think it was, like many of the larger rooms, intended to be accessible but isn't 'officially' an HC room as something about it didn't pass the test.

Enjoy!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7a (originally had a 9a, upgraded to 7a tty 3 weeks before cruise)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4a, 9128
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 3
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? very happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? woke up to it
9. What month is your cruise? already cruised, July 2014

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7a (originally had a 9a, upgraded to 7a tty 3 weeks before cruise)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4a, 6109
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 3
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? very happy!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? woke up to it
9. What month is your cruise? already cruised, July 2014

Is this a typo? Cat 4A on the Dream would be decks 9 & 10. :confused3
We had a 4C once and it was on deck 7 so 4A has to be better than that.

Anyone ever been assigned anything 11 months out? LOL.. jk. i know that's ridiculous since people are still booking! But I thought maybe since I had no other option but to book a GTY in that category, maybe it would fill up fast. hehe... I have a loooooooong wait.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 6A, 8178
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's fine...exactly what I had booked, though I had hoped for an upgrade :-)
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? September 28

Ugh. 52 days out and I got nothing! People whose cruises leave AFTER mine have been assigned already! Ugh!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter