• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. 9C
#2. 9C
#3. 57
#4. Happy. I was hoping for forward location and that's what I got.
#5. N/A
#6. Magic
#7. Friday
#8. Checked at 5:30 pm (EST) and not assigned. Checked again at 7:30 pm and it was assigned.
#9. June

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
2. What category and room # did you get? 11C
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55 DAYS
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I GUESS...I GOT WHAT I PAID FOR
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6 What ship are you sailing? DREAM
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. FRIDAY
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 11 AM PST
9. What month is your cruise? JUNE

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Lots of people reporting that this cabin is noisy so I'm a little worried about that...would have loved some pixie dust for our anniversary as well.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 4pm (central)
9. What month is your cruise? July

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Lots of people reporting that this cabin is noisy so I'm a little worried about that...would have loved some pixie dust for our anniversary as well.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 4pm (central)

Well, after reading several bad reviews of this stateroom, I upgraded to a 9B, which is a GTY as well so I'm back to waiting. :scared1: Back to obsessively checking my reservation...:surfweb:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E #2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 8682 #3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12 #4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Elated!!! Got the absolute best cabin in the category I booked and I didn't want an upgrade. #5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A #6 What ship are you sailing?Fantasy #7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday #8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 2PM EST #9. What month is your cruise? March

Did you do anything special to get this room? Or just major pixie dust? We are booked in a 5E GTY for our 10 year anniversary and I'm hoping we get some major pixie dust and land one of these big verandah rooms!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? Cat 6A, cabin 6654 (handicapped cabin)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? ~40, but I only booked 47 days before departure.
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Perfectly happy with it :) Giant verandah here I come!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. I'm not sure. I just happened to notice it when I logged into my reservation on a Sunday. I hadn't checked in a few days. I still don't have an email or anything, but I did get my docs with the same cabin number that I saw when I logged in.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? No idea, sorry

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 6A
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Ecstatic !
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 3 and 5 p.m. EST
9. What month is your cruise? June

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A #9048
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Ecstatic !
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?between 8-8 EsT
9. What month is your cruise? August:cool1:

Here is my story. Booked a 7A GTY was assigned a 4E, we were THRILLED, oversized verandah, etc. This was 3 weeks prior to sailing we booked and were assigned the room NEXT DAY.
We were in a fish extender and the NIGHT BEFORE the cruise they switched us to a 4C, no oversized verandah. I just don't understand how they can do that the NIGHT before. The room was still nice but it was a pain in the butt with luggage, fish extender group, etc. AUGH!
-Lesley

I have a 5E GTY on 9/13 and I guess it will be in the next 2-3 weeks we see assignments being made. I would love to actually get a 5E! I booked onboard and had a cabin on 9 that was a 7A but when I saw it was just $126 to move up to a 5E GTY- I thought it was well worth it! So here we wait!

Here is my story. Booked a 7A GTY was assigned a 4E, we were THRILLED, oversized verandah, etc. This was 3 weeks prior to sailing we booked and were assigned the room NEXT DAY.
We were in a fish extender and the NIGHT BEFORE the cruise they switched us to a 4C, no oversized verandah. I just don't understand how they can do that the NIGHT before. The room was still nice but it was a pain in the butt with luggage, fish extender group, etc. AUGH!
-Lesley

Your situation is rare but does happen. When you book a GTY DCL has the right to move your cabin at any time. I know it is frustrating and usually doesn't happen but unfortunately it can. Especially hard when it happens the night before the cruise.

MJ

we have a 6B gty (3ngt Dream)booked; 9/18 ; 79 days out, when do people usually see rooms assigned; and do you receive an email to inform you or do you need to check your booking to see if its assigned? thank you :thumbsup2

we have a 6B gty (3ngt Dream)booked; 9/18 ; 79 days out, when do people usually see rooms assigned; and do you receive an email to inform you or do you need to check your booking to see if its assigned? thank you :thumbsup2

You have to keep checking. It could be anytime. Usually a month or so out you may find one has been assigned. But like the poster above mentioned, DCL can change it again (even the night before).

I booked 2 11a's on the Dream June 2015, GTY. We have a large family vacation (6 families) and being all on the same deck, at least , would be nice. The other families are on 9 and 10. Except one in concierge. But I'm thinking with our two rooms linked, we will more than likely get what we booked. I don't see DCL upgrading both rooms. Oh well!

anyone been assigned GTY recently?? i'm 74 days out and obsessively checking my booking everyday!!!!:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter