• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Thread for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 21 (Updated 10/26, post #251)

Latest card just arrived...

0442f529.jpg

"That Lady there... is a Monster." Anonymous

Fully updated site!!!!!
What do you all think?? It looks to me like some of the Scarezones are looking scarier than the houses!!!!

quote the andy, nevermore;) poe house is interesting choice indeed

I had thought there was talk of a 9th house this year?

sad to see Brian Brushwood is official gone.:rolleyes:

OP perhaps it'd be helpful if u could update 1st thread w/this information i copied from sponser's site

Houses

Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - The madness of Edgar Allen Poe's greatest works has come to life. Step into the mind of the iconic writer, where every turn of the page takes you closer to the brink of insanity.

The Forsaken - Four ships began Columbus's fateful voyage, only three became legend. Condemned to a watery grave, the mutinous and cursed crew of that 4th ship has returned with a vengeance. For within the walls of a Spanish fort, a maelstrom has brought from the depths....death itself.

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror - Join creature feature host, H.R. Bloodengutz, in his final televised broadcast as he presents a SCARE-athon of holiday-based horror that is guaranteed to cleave you screaming for more.

The Thing - Paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers in an isolated Antarctic outpost as they are infected, one by one, by a horrifying creature from another planet. In a place where there is nothing, they found something.

Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine - Spinning blades and massive, crushing pistons await you around every corner as you are forced deeper into the bowels of a mechanical nightmare. Give yourself to "The Machine."

The In-Between - An ominous portal reveals a 3rd dimension where all is not what it seems: a realm where our world and another collide. Surrounded by fiendish creatures, your eyes will deceive you with every step through this phantasm of terror.

Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery - As snow falls on this normally serene gothic cemetery, the deceased souls that occupy its confines have their sights set upon you, insuring that the chill you feel up your spine is more than just the cold of night.

Nightingales: Blood Prey - Within every war, the Nightingales have appeared. Able to transform themselves to fit any setting, these savage banshees feed on the weak and the helpless. Patrolling WWI era trenches, you discover that you are more than just at war…you're being hunted.

ScareZones

Acid Assault - For decades now the city has been degrading from the effects of Acid Rain that still falls today, caused by factories which sprung up on the city's edges during the 20th century. Those that have lived and survived the blistering decay are all alone in the city. Survivors have stripped the city of all life to sustain their own…dare to enter the ACID ASSAULT.

Canyon of Dark Souls - Upon entering into the Canyon of Dark Souls, you will feel like a small spec of humanity as the overwhelming sense of death surrounds you. Creatures that dwell within the Canyon are not welcoming so walk slowly as to not disturb them.

Grown Evil - Enter, if you dare, into our garden where Evil grows. Nature has taken this once well manicured sanctuary back from the humans who once kept it. Now the creatures that inhabit the garden are making any human that enters their prey.

NightMaze - Journey through the ever changing maze of darkness. This all black maze will morph and change as you walk through it. You will not be scared the same way twice.

7 - As daylight shines upon our Temptresses, their appearance, though evil, allows you the spectacle of beauty. As night falls, these 7 temptresses will show their true colors and take on their true Fatal Evil forms. Beware of your own temptations.

Your Luck Has Run Out - Enter if you dare into the lair of the LUCKY! Your choices will determine if you make it out alive. Witness lucks deadly wrath, will she choose you to be her next victim?

Live Shows

Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure – Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.

Death Drums - A seductive, hard-hitting and raw extreme drumming experience

Hi, I was wondering, since September 24 is the only night I could make, would it be totally crazy crowded? Would purchasing the express pass make it more manageable? I never really thought about going before, but I'll have the chance that day and the Poe one sounds awesome. I wouldn't want to miss a visit, but I really hate crowds. Thanks for any advice

Sept. 24th shouldn't be super crowded. Go early for Stay and Scream and you can knock out a few houses right away with no wait.

I was wondering, since this is my first HHN, is there a map or something available which would let me see approximately where things are located during HHN? Even if we don't know which house or scarezone is located where, maybe just something that would give me an idea of where things are placed within the park for HHN?

Annual Passholders can RSVP for passholder nights.

http://universalorlandoresort.com/annualpass/hhn_invite/index.html

I was wondering, since this is my first HHN, is there a map or something available which would let me see approximately where things are located during HHN? Even if we don't know which house or scarezone is located where, maybe just something that would give me an idea of where things are placed within the park for HHN?

No map yet but here's the locations of everything.

Scarezones
7 - Hollywood/Lucy
Acid Assault - New York (near Macy's/Twister)
Nightmaze - Shrek Alley
Your Luck Has Run Out - Sting Alley (NY)
Canyon of Dark Souls - International Food Bizarre (near Animal Actors)
Grown Evil - Central Park

Houses
H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidaysof Horror - Disaster Queue
Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - Sprung Tent 2
The Forsaken - Parade Building
Nightingale's Blood Prey - SS23
The Thing - SS23
Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery - SS22
Saws n' Steam: Into the Machine - Jaws Queue
The In-between - Sprung Tent 1

okay, now I feel pretty stupid, so I'm going to ask for your advice. If I do a Stay and Scream, could I do a one day ticket to IOA (read WWoHP) and head over to Universal Studios to be there as they open for the evening, or would that just be joining in a giant group of people? I almost think it doesn't matter, because I might wait 2 hours to experience Nevermore! Thanks for any help.

okay, now I feel pretty stupid, so I'm going to ask for your advice. If I do a Stay and Scream, could I do a one day ticket to IOA (read WWoHP) and head over to Universal Studios to be there as they open for the evening, or would that just be joining in a giant group of people? I almost think it doesn't matter, because I might wait 2 hours to experience Nevermore! Thanks for any help.

if you use your one day ticket for ioa, you will not be able to enter the studios to go to the holding area/s&s.

you need a park ticket to enter the studios in order to get to s&s.

if you do not have another day ticket, you will have to stand in line outside the studios gate and enter at 6:30 pm when the park for hhn opens.

you can upgrade your one day, one park ticket to a one day, two park ticket so you can enter before 5:00 to go to the s&s area.

it's worth it to upgrade your ticket at guest services while you are in the park that day at ioa.

Allright, so a two park ticket sounds like the way to go for sure! Thanks for the information, this is really exciting!

Looking forward to Nevermore, The Forsaken, H.R. Bloodengutz, Winter's Night, Saws N' Steam, Death Drums, and Grown Evil. NightMaze, The In-Between, 7 and Your Luck Has Run Out sound promising too. Bill and Ted is always hit or miss but good for laughs. The others I could take or leave. :woohoo:

Ok.... I have another question for those in the know.

I discovered a coworker from here in PA is going to be in Florida at the same time as me. Unfortunately, the night he is wanting to go to HHN I have something else planned.... So i was wondering if 1. I can get him a HHN ticket using my passholder discount, and 2. if so, is there a maximum number of tickets I can purchase using my passholder discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter