OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Quick question - I made a PL reservation by phone for our trip next month but nothing showed up on MDE - is that normal? I wrote down the reservation number and time but I would just feel better to get some sort of confirmation.

Our reservation did not show on MDE either, so I guess it's normal.

Quick question - I made a PL reservation by phone for our trip next month but nothing showed up on MDE - is that normal? I wrote down the reservation number and time but I would just feel better to get some sort of confirmation.

I was told by the guy who made my reservations that it wouldn't show up in my MDE.

desperately searching for ressie for two boys on 10/29 in the afternoon..4-5ish if anyone cancels or sees anything open please let me know thanks!

Hi all. I'm new to this thread, so I don't know if this has been answered already. I managed to get a PL reservation for my 5 year old, but I am trying (without much success) to get another one for my 3 year old. Does anyone know if they might let him take part in the activities other than the face paint without a reservation? I don't think he will care about the face paint, but he will be devastated if he doesn't get a sword like his big brother.

If not, I have heard that there is a gift shop. Can I buy him a sword there?

We leave in 10 days, so I think my chances of getting another reservation are pretty slim.

There are a lot of a la carte options. If you mention it to the CMs, they likely can get a sword (or gun or spy glass) and just add it to your bill. That way, it comes from a pirate CM instead of you, which may or may not be your 3 year old's thing.

We had PP+. For no extra charge, we got the pirate folder with 3 prints, plus all of the electronic images showed up on our PP account.

DS4 and I both did it. It was the ultimate highlight of a trip filled with highlights.

Is it worth doing the PL if you don't get the makeup put on? We're going in January and I have a reservation for three of my kids (10, 9, and 6). My older kids really want to do it. My son, 6, hates face paint. I think he'd love getting a pirate name and the ceremony part of it. But he really doesn't like face paint. I can always have my husband take him and our youngest off to do something else while the older kids go through the PL (and cancel the reservation for him). But if you take away the face paint part of it and there's a lot left over, I don't want to leave him out of it.

My husband and daughter are doing this in a few weeks. Appointment is at 11:35 and we just got BOG lunch reservations at 1:20. Think we will make it?

Is it worth doing the PL if you don't get the makeup put on? We're going in January and I have a reservation for three of my kids (10, 9, and 6). My older kids really want to do it. My son, 6, hates face paint. I think he'd love getting a pirate name and the ceremony part of it. But he really doesn't like face paint. I can always have my husband take him and our youngest off to do something else while the older kids go through the PL (and cancel the reservation for him). But if you take away the face paint part of it and there's a lot left over, I don't want to leave him out of it.

It's not really face paint as much as it is just make up. I actually did it yesterday. He could just get a scar to get a feel for it. What they did was use like a makeup pencil and sponge with a little color on it. The scar takes just a few moments and if he's ok with that you could try the rest, or just call it done right there. Just the scar would look cool.

But even with no make up, there is a lot else! Before you even go in theygive you a pirate name. And they'll call him by that the whole time he's in there. Once the makeup portion was done they put a bandanna on me, gave me an eye patch, and "pierced" my ear with a hoop earring. The earring is just a clip on type thing, but it was a little uncomfortable at first.

Then,they call you over to a corner of the room where they give you a sword and sheath and tell you about your "Pirate Contract" with the captain (Basically tells the kiddies to not poke or hit people with their sword). Then they open the secret room where they keep the treasure (a necklace like all the other pirates wear) and you get you picture taken.

I think he'd enjoy it even without all the makeup stuff.

sweepy109 said:
My husband and daughter are doing this in a few weeks. Appointment is at 11:35 and we just got BOG lunch reservations at 1:20. Think we will make it?

That might be a little tight. I honestly didn't keep track of time yesterday because I was having so much fun, but was at least an hours worth. I'm sure if you explain to them that you have lunch reservations they will try and speed up the process a little bit so you can make it in time.

As long as you're not doing the multiple eye makeup, you should be fine. Check into PL 15 minutes prior and I bet you'll be out by 12:15ish.

when we made the appointment we were told to allow at least one hour from the time they took you back. Soemtimes they run behind.

But I think with a 1:20 reservation you should be fine

I agree with PP. It will be tight, but you can probably do it. Just keep in mind the distance between PL and BOG.

On Oct. 6, we had 2 appointments at 12:40. After we got our pirate names, we waited about 10-15 minutes until they called us to the make-up chairs. We walked out of PL at about 2:05-2:10. I don't remember the exact time, but we had a short wait until the 2:15 Pirates Tutorial.

Hope that helps.

Do cancellations happen for the Pirates League? My lil guy just heard from a friend about this experience and now he has his heart set on it. We are going the first week of December, but they are booked! :( I'm holding out hope for a cancellation.

Do cancellations happen for the Pirates League? My lil guy just heard from a friend about this experience and now he has his heart set on it. We are going the first week of December, but they are booked! :( I'm holding out hope for a cancellation.

Yes, they do, but if you can get there right when they open, they should be able to get you a same day appt. the same day appts. fill up quickly, though. Good luck!

It's not really face paint as much as it is just make up. I actually did it yesterday. He could just get a scar to get a feel for it. What they did was use like a makeup pencil and sponge with a little color on it. The scar takes just a few moments and if he's ok with that you could try the rest, or just call it done right there. Just the scar would look cool.

But even with no make up, there is a lot else! Before you even go in theygive you a pirate name. And they'll call him by that the whole time he's in there. Once the makeup portion was done they put a bandanna on me, gave me an eye patch, and "pierced" my ear with a hoop earring. The earring is just a clip on type thing, but it was a little uncomfortable at first.

Then,they call you over to a corner of the room where they give you a sword and sheath and tell you about your "Pirate Contract" with the captain (Basically tells the kiddies to not poke or hit people with their sword). Then they open the secret room where they keep the treasure (a necklace like all the other pirates wear) and you get you picture taken.

I think he'd enjoy it even without all the makeup.

Thank you so much - I think you're right, he'll like it even if he skips the makeup. And reading your post it makes sense that it's makeup as opposed to face paint. I was never a big fan of face paint, so I don't really blame him.

Seriously, you are. You know everything about it. Thanks for sharing your expertise. I read this thread so long ago now that I hope I remember everything when I go.

Let's see if I got this straight. I have a reservation for 2 boys @ 1:40 on 11/15. I should arrive @ 1:25 and we should expect to be there until 2:40 (getting smokey-eye Jack). We have PP+ so I should be getting a 5x7 for free for each of them and any pictures taken should be put on the PP+ card for free. I should be tipping both of our pirate guides (or what ever they are called) - is $5 each right?

My MIL is making pirate costumes for them so they should get dressed in advance of the appointment. I don't see the sash listed as part of the package, but all the pictures show it, is it just for pics or do the kids keep it? I bought makeup remover wipes for that night to remove the makeup. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Seriously, you are. You know everything about it. Thanks for sharing your expertise. I read this thread so long ago now that I hope I remember everything when I go.

Let's see if I got this straight. I have a reservation for 2 boys @ 1:40 on 11/15. I should arrive @ 1:25 and we should expect to be there until 2:40 (getting smokey-eye Jack). We have PP+ so I should be getting a 5x7 for free for each of them and any pictures taken should be put on the PP+ card for free. I should be tipping both of our pirate guides (or what ever they are called) - is $5 each right?

My MIL is making pirate costumes for them so they should get dressed in advance of the appointment. I don't see the sash listed as part of the package, but all the pictures show it, is it just for pics or do the kids keep it? I bought makeup remover wipes for that night to remove the makeup. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Looks like you're all set! I will just add that if you want to participate in the daily pirate parade, head over to PL a few minutes before 4pm. The sash is included with each makeover, and is yours to keep. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter