OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

I have been trying for the last 6 weeks to get an appointment for DS and PL is booked solid :( His only requests this trip were to eat at BOG and get a pirate makeover. Managed to get a fastpass lunch reservation for BOG, but would still love to make both wishes come true. Does PL take walk ups at all or when they say they are booked they really are booked without a chance to get in?

From the first post in the thread:

Is an appointment required?
Yes. The Pirates League can be booked 180 days in advance. Due to the popularity of the 4th movie, the League is booking up about 2-3 weeks in advance. If you are unable to make an appointment you can attempt to walk-in, but the majority of people are turned away.

Each morning the reservations are re-evaluated for the day and some additional slots may be open (sometimes just one or two, sometimes it's closer to eight or nine). These slots are filled on a first come first serve basis. If you walk-in right at 9 they will schedule you for later in the day, based on the openings. By 9:30-10:00 all of these slots are typically filled and no additional walk-ins are taken.

Thank you Bumbershoot! I read the first post, but missed that. That's what I get for trying to read stuff online after midnight :blush:

Pirate Portrait

Everyone will have an individual picture taken near the end of the experience. The photo will be printed and available to purchase. Photopass+ includes one 5x7 Portrait.

The first photo, with The Pirates League map case/folder, is $14.95.
Additional photos, without the map case/folder, are $9.95.

If a photo is purchased, the additional portraits may be added to a Photopass Card at Town Square Theatre or on-line. Photopass cannot be utilized if no photos are purchased at the league.
My DD had an appointment at Pirates League prior to MNSSHP on Friday the 13th. The whole experience was great, we both enjoyed it. It was just so much fun. She said it was MUCH better than Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. :goodvibes

When checking in I was asked if I would also like to participate, and assured they could get me in right along with DD. I only wanted to watch, so I declined.

We checked in ten minutes prior to our appointment time and DD was taken right away. The entire experience took an hour (Empress package, and we didn't purchase a costume), from the time we checked in to the time we walked out.

*** However, when we got to the end to purchase our photo, I was told that the minimum "photo package" available for purchase was one photo in the map case/folder, with two additional photos in a cello packet, for $35. (It was $34 and change but I don't remember the exact amount.) I specifically asked if we could purchase only one photo for $15 and was told the only package they sell includes three photos. They are all three the same size and the exact same photo. Purchasing the $35 package was the only way to get the map case/folder.

I have been trying for the last 6 weeks to get an appointment for DS and PL is booked solid :( His only requests this trip were to eat at BOG and get a pirate makeover. Managed to get a fastpass lunch reservation for BOG, but would still love to make both wishes come true. Does PL take walk ups at all or when they say they are booked they really are booked without a chance to get in?

I can sympathize. I tried calling a week ago to get an appointment for late November and NOTHING was available on either day we were going to be at MK. The CM told me to try calling the day before I'll be there since they have a 24-hour cancellation policy.

1- Can adults still get in on this? I've been so bummed they don't allow adults for BBB, but this would be awesome!
2- On Disney's website, there is no mention of the regular Mermaid package (just facepaint, no shirt or tutu), is that no longer an option?

1- Can adults still get in on this? I've been so bummed they don't allow adults for BBB, but this would be awesome!
2- On Disney's website, there is no mention of the regular Mermaid package (just facepaint, no shirt or tutu), is that no longer an option?

It was still available as of 8-20-13 for $39. My 2 granddaughters really enjoyed it as they both love Ariel. we found mermaid skirts at Toys r us and took them with us. the photos with Ariel in her grotto were awesome.

My husband did it last year....he had a blast. We are all going to be doing it this next year

*** However, when we got to the end to purchase our photo, I was told that the minimum "photo package" available for purchase was one photo in the map case/folder, with two additional photos in a cello packet, for $35.

I just confirmed this with the Gunners - thanks for the update, I'll change the first post!

Music City Mama said:
I can sympathize. I tried calling a week ago to get an appointment for late November and NOTHING was available on either day we were going to be at MK. The CM told me to try calling the day before I'll be there since they have a 24-hour cancellation policy.

This actually worked for me. I called on a Wednesday and they were able to get us in the next day.

I'm about to sign off now but I have two extra Pirate's League resevations I'm not going to use on November 29th at 2:55pm and 3:05pm. I see people saying they are trying to get reservations at the end of November with no luck. I will be back on the computer tomorrow morning around 10am. Reply to this post and I can try to time dropping the reservations if you want to call in at the same time and try to pick them up.

This actually worked for me. I called on a Wednesday and they were able to get us in the next day.

Good to know -- thanks!

I'm about to sign off now but I have two extra Pirate's League resevations I'm not going to use on November 29th at 2:55pm and 3:05pm. I see people saying they are trying to get reservations at the end of November with no luck. I will be back on the computer tomorrow morning around 10am. Reply to this post and I can try to time dropping the reservations if you want to call in at the same time and try to pick them up.

Not the date I need, but that was very sweet of you to post this!

hello, my boys have just told me they want to be pirates for halloween....they have no idea we are going to disney and i thought that doing pirates league on our mnsshp night would be awesome for them but i have a few questions....
We have photopass plus and i am still confused about how this works here. it says that a 5x7 photo is included with that but am i understanding correctly that you only get the pictures on your card if you spend another thirty something on some more pictures? that pretty much doubles the cost..... if you don't buy that do you still get the 5x7 and that image on the photopass card?
Also i am seeing something about new looks? Can someone tell me about that? i saw something about a zombie look and DS had mentioned he would like to be a zombie pirate so that may be great for him. Thanks!

hello, my boys have just told me they want to be pirates for halloween....they have no idea we are going to disney and i thought that doing pirates league on our mnsshp night would be awesome for them but i have a few questions....
We have photopass plus and i am still confused about how this works here. it says that a 5x7 photo is included with that but am i understanding correctly that you only get the pictures on your card if you spend another thirty something on some more pictures? that pretty much doubles the cost..... if you don't buy that do you still get the 5x7 and that image on the photopass card?
Also i am seeing something about new looks? Can someone tell me about that? i saw something about a zombie look and DS had mentioned he would like to be a zombie pirate so that may be great for him. Thanks!

If you have Photopass+, you will get a free portrait package for each child, and the digital images will be included on your cd. Not sure if the digital images are automatically put onto your account or not, but the Photopass number for each session will be printed on the photos themselves and can be entered online on your Photopass account. Not sure of the new looks. Haven't seen any pictures of those yet. Good luck with getting them in. If they do not have any availability before you arrive, stop by first thing that morning and see if they can squeeze you in later in the day.

dsamama said:

You don't have to spend anything extra to get the pictures put on your card you just wont get an actual copy of the pictures given to you as your leaving(like how the pictures are actually given to you at meals if you have photopass, at pirates league no pictures are printed for you...I hope that makes sense!) ... and my son did the zombie pirate a few weeks ago and it was pretty cool! They said it was special just for Halloween:)

You don't have to spend anything extra to get the pictures put on your card you just wont get an actual copy of the pictures given to you as your leaving(like how the pictures are actually given to you at meals if you have photopass, at pirates league no pictures are printed for you...I hope that makes sense!) ... and my son did the zombie pirate a few weeks ago and it was pretty cool! They said it was special just for Halloween:)

They aren't giving the printed package anymore? :confused3 When did that change??? :confused:

ETA:The Photopass+ FAQ on their Facebook page says that a 5x7 print is included with PL. :confused:

ETA2: According to the first post, Photopass+ comes with a free 5x7 photo, but if you do not have Photopass+, the minimum photo package is a 5x7 with two smaller photos (all the same shot) in a mat for $33. This went into effect within the last week or so.

smitch425 said:
They aren't giving the printed package anymore? :confused3 When did that change??? :confused:

ETA:The Photopass+ FAQ on their Facebook page says that print packages are included with PL. :confused:

We could have paid an extra $30 to get the photos that day but since they said they could link them for free to our photo pass+ we just did that...this was just a couple weeks ago

We could have paid an extra $30 to get the photos that day but since they said they could link them for free to our photo pass+ we just did that...this was just a couple weeks ago

I was probably writing my second edit when you were posting, but you should have gotten a free 5x7. You might want to contact Photopass and see if they will mail one to you for free. :goodvibes

I was probably writing my second edit when you were posting, but you should have gotten a free 5x7. You might want to contact Photopass and see if they will mail one to you for free. :goodvibes

Thanks! Ill try that:) Im trying to upload a picture of the zombie pirate too but Im having some difficulties...Ill keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter