• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

I had a moment of weakness and decided to book PL after all. I wasnt going to since its just so hot that no one will want a bandana on for long and wont make up rub off? I have heard mixed about the make up sweating off. Has anyone had trouble with it not lasting? We go in Aug so lots of heat, sweat and pool.
Should I bring some sort of pirate costume? Or Shirts? Any suggestions for boys?

I love the makeover, but hate the bandana!! I've used the bandana from the makeover and wrapped it around a headband, and wore it that way. I'll take a pic later and post it!

Making our first trip to Disney World this fall!

Long story short, DD has a BBB appt on our first MK day. I asked DS if he wanted to do PL but he said he would only do it if my husband does it to. My husband says he'll do it if I do and now DD also wants to do it! So for our second day at MK we now have PL appts for all four of us!

My understanding is that the PL "special room" photos are $14.95 for the first print and must be purchased to get that photo and any additional photos added to photopass account. I'm also thinking this is per person? Am I correct?

I'm trying to decide if the photopass + prepay would be worth the extra money spent. One the first post in this thread it states one 5x7 photo would be provided with photopass +. My question is... there are four of us doing the pirates league package. Does the photopass + print apply to only one of the packages or does it cover each person in my family that is getting a PL makeover? I really don't care to have an individual photo of my husband or myself but I would like to have some photos of both of the kids together and individually and possibly a family shot.

If anyone knows and can explain how this will work, I'd really appreciate it! I asked the CM on the phone today while I made the reservations and while she tried really hard to answer my questions she couldn't even confirm that the PL photos would be included with the photopass +. I went to facebook for that info!

Rebecca

Making our first trip to Disney World this fall!

Long story short, DD has a BBB appt on our first MK day. I asked DS if he wanted to do PL but he said he would only do it if my husband does it to. My husband says he'll do it if I do and now DD also wants to do it! So for our second day at MK we now have PL appts for all four of us!

My understanding is that the PL "special room" photos are $14.95 for the first print and must be purchased to get that photo and any additional photos added to photopass account. Yes. I'm also thinking this is per person? No. Per photo package; although I think there is a discount for additional packages. Am I correct?

I'm trying to decide if the photopass + prepay would be worth the extra money spent. One the first post in this thread it states one 5x7 photo package would be provided with photopass +. My question is... there are four of us doing the pirates league package. Does the photopass + print apply to only one of the packages or does it cover each person in my family that is getting a PL makeover? Yes, the photopass+ only applies to one photo package. I really don't care to have an individual photo of my husband or myself but I would like to have some photos of both of the kids together and individually and possibly a family shot. You can get a group shot to be used for the photo package and then individual shots to be added to the photopass.

If anyone knows and can explain how this will work, I'd really appreciate it! I asked the CM on the phone today while I made the reservations and while she tried really hard to answer my questions she couldn't even confirm that the PL photos would be included with the photopass +. I went to facebook for that info! Yes, the phone CM's miss quite a bit of info sometimes.

Rebecca

Some of the others can correct me if I'm wrong, but my DH and I plan on getting the photopass+ and when we get our package photo, we are going to get one with all four of us and extra photos of us individually or in two's will go on our photopass card. If both the kids decide they want a copy of the photo package (and we anticipate that they will), we will buy another set separately.

Does that make sense?

Some of the others can correct me if I'm wrong, but my DH and I plan on getting the photopass+ and when we get our package photo, we are going to get one with all four of us and extra photos of us individually or in two's will go on our photopass card. If both the kids decide they want a copy of the photo package (and we anticipate that they will), we will buy another set separately.

Does that make sense?

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the room for the Photopass pic was very small and had special lighting, and that they couldn't even guarantee that having TWO people in the photo would turn out well. Not sure they'd even attempt a pic with four people.

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the room for the Photopass pic was very small and had special lighting, and that they couldn't even guarantee that having TWO people in the photo would turn out well. Not sure they'd even attempt a pic with four people.

Correct. Last week when my 2 DD's did PL they would not take a picture with two of them together b/c of the lighting.

Well, that's a bummer. I guess we'll just have to hope pics with two people come out ok. I've seen a couple on this thread that look pretty good.

I had a moment of weakness and decided to book PL after all. I wasnt going to since its just so hot that no one will want a bandana on for long and wont make up rub off? I have heard mixed about the make up sweating off. Has anyone had trouble with it not lasting? We go in Aug so lots of heat, sweat and pool.
Should I bring some sort of pirate costume? Or Shirts? Any suggestions for boys?

We did it is September when it was super hot and humid and had no trouble with it rubbing off (as opposed to the face paint at Hollywood Studios which started rubbing off almost immediately).

We did it is September when it was super hot and humid and had no trouble with it rubbing off (as opposed to the face paint at Hollywood Studios which started rubbing off almost immediately).
Thank you for the reply, thats good to know. It should be a fun surprise for them.

I just purchased the photopass plus. My dd and nephew are both going yo pirate league. With photopass +, will I get 2 pictures (one of each kid)?

Also, we've only got one mk day. Our appointments are at 2:30. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get stuff done in the morning. Will this time be alright?

I just purchased the photopass plus. My dd and nephew are both going yo pirate league. With photopass +, will I get 2 pictures (one of each kid)?

Also, we've only got one mk day. Our appointments are at 2:30. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get stuff done in the morning. Will this time be alright?

From what I understand, you will get one photopackage.

I love the Pirates League, but I don't know that I would do it if you only had one day in MK. Expect to spend a full hour there if all is running on schedule.

It's a good time of day to do it, as the lines will be long anyway... you have to decide if this is a big enough priority to do TPL as opposed to rides or whatnot.

Its one of the things my dd is most excited about doing. We do have park hoppers so I'm hoping that we may be able to get to mk some evenings to ride some rides that will help our one full day not be so busy.

I love the Pirates League, but I don't know that I would do it if you only had one day in MK. Expect to spend a full hour there if all is running on schedule.

It's a good time of day to do it, as the lines will be long anyway... you have to decide if this is a big enough priority to do TPL as opposed to rides or whatnot.

Hi, I have booked dd in for the empress package, but think she would prefer more of a pirate look with face paint rather than just make up - can she have the eye patch painted etc, but in more girly colours, or is it just the make up she can have?

Correct. Last week when my 2 DD's did PL they would not take a picture with two of them together b/c of the lighting.

That is very strang. No problem for my two grandsons. I didn't even ask to have them togeather, they did it. After, they saw I had the photo pass+ and offered to do them seperate. I should have took them up on it. Also, I was sitting in the room during the photo and thought I read here you couldn't go in. Oh well this is just my experience.

I had the photo+ and got two packages. You pay for two pirates you get two photo packages.

Thank you so much for letting us know that! I've seen the question repeatedly and no one (including photopass themselves) has given an answer, so I've stayed on the side of caution and said just one photopackage. If I see anyone else ask, I'll be sure to let them know your experience.

Not only did my sons' make-up not wear off. All our photopass pics for the week look like they are wearing eyeliner.

And yes, bring your own costume. They have changing rooms. I'd find the coolest possible because they'll head out in the heat for the parage and tutorial.

Not only did my sons' make-up not wear off. All our photopass pics for the week look like they are wearing eyeliner.

And yes, bring your own costume. They have changing rooms. I'd find the coolest possible because they'll head out in the heat for the parage and tutorial.

I will, thanks. Thinking just pirate vests and Mickey pirate shirts I'm going to make though. Not sure beyond that what would be light weight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter