• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

We did buy the pink costume and hat at the Pirates League last year and then handed it down. The other costume is not Disney. It is from Party City. I do not remember what we paid for the pink costume. I am thinking it was around $60 and included the hat.

I found the other costume online. I saw a cute Barbie pirate costume my DD would like. There are separate girl hats you can buy at PL?

Pirates tutorial is part of the experience right? In other words we wouldn't want to skip it after PL? I am putting together a touring plan and one thought I had was skipping the tutorial afterwards to free up some time because I figured we already got the "pirate experience" during the PL appt. However after looking at some of the pictures I am leaning towards keeping the tutorial in our plan. Has anyone done the PL appt without staying for the pirates tutorial and did you regret it?

It was the only girls hat I saw. On page one of this thread it says the dress is the Maiden Dress (hat included) - $50.

I have made resv. for both Pirates League and the Pirates Adventure Cruise but don't see them in "My Reservations" online. Is this typical?

TIA!!:goodvibes

I have made resv. for both Pirates League and the Pirates Adventure Cruise but don't see them in "My Reservations" online. Is this typical?

TIA!!:goodvibes

Yes, that is the norm. We were there in October and also did both Pirates League and the the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise in the evening, booked 6 months out and it was mentioned nowhere in my online reservations.
We didn't have to show anything, but I had written down the confirmation numbers given to me by phone when I reserved it, just in case.

Just how much hair styling is done with the new mermaid look? DD5 is a girly girl but HATES having her hair combed or messed with. That's why we decided on PL over BBB. We've told her she can be a Pirate Princess and she gets to spend time with Daddy and sister. If there's a lot of combing, I'll try to steer her away from the mermaid look.

Typically no combing. It's a simple twist back (you can see images on the first post), done with fingers. The League does not have combs, and Guests are not required to provide one either (even though the person on the phone may tell you otherwise).

I am still trying to figure out what my daughter should wear with the mermaid look. Is there any talk or any kind of costumes coming out?

I am still trying to figure out what my daughter should wear with the mermaid look. Is there any talk or any kind of costumes coming out?

We are making our own t-shirt ... starting with a white one and tie-dying it the colors of the ocean, like the make-up they use -- ocean greens and blues (actually using the water/crystal method so you don't have the typical tie dye circles but the color is dispersed all around which I like better). We may then add painted stuff in the shape of shells like buttons, patches, sequins, etc.

My DD also wants us to add "seaweed", so I'm thinking of sewing some ocean color fancy ribbons to the sleeves. She likes the idea of twirling around and having them "float" around her.

I'll post picture once we are done.

You can also get a Ariel shirt or any ocean colored shirt.

Disney sells some really cool "tutu" skirts and one of them is Ariel. They are about $40 I think, so cheaper than a full costume.

She's not into Ariel, she says she's too old for "that kind of mermaid." lol! I'm interested in seeing your shirt. It sounds perfect. I cannot do tye dying though!!!

I was at MK today and easily saw about 7-10 Mermaids, clearly a popular look.

TPL is known to have the Jasmine tutus for sale, but they tend to go quickly. Here is the same item on-line: Jasmine Tutu for Girls

After the movie came out, Disney was selling this Mermaid shirt, but it's only in adult sizes, I'm not sure if it's being sold anymore:

105239M

Outside of those 2 items I have not heard anything about a mermaid costume, probably since it's not really a fully developed Disney character (unlike Jake, who I am anticipating a costume for).

I was at MK today and easily saw about 7-10 Mermaids, clearly a popular look.

TPL is known to have the Jasmine tutus for sale, but they tend to go quickly. Here is the same item on-line: Jasmine Tutu for Girls

After the movie came out, Disney was selling this Mermaid shirt, but it's only in adult sizes, I'm not sure if it's being sold anymore:

105239M

Outside of those 2 items I have not heard anything about a mermaid costume, probably since it's not really a fully developed Disney character (unlike Jake, who I am anticipating a costume for).

Ooh, love that shirt!

Also, POC sells pirate-oriented shirts that might work,too. I found a neat looking one for women, similar to what you posted.

Does anyone have pictures of the Jake package? My son will be 3 when we go in September and he LOVES Jake so we thought about doing this package. I am hoping there is a jake costume by the time we go to.

Does anyone have pictures of the Jake package? My son will be 3 when we go in September and he LOVES Jake so we thought about doing this package. I am hoping there is a jake costume by the time we go to.

This was posted a few pages back. Not sure if you saw it or not but there is a Jake on there.

DSCN2425.jpg

I just bought this costume for DD5. I like it because she can easily walk around in it - not like the ones that have long trains or the like. And she'll get use out of it as a Halloween costume as well. The site linked is literally the ONLY one I found that had this in a small size - all others were "sold out". :)

I skipped it last yr since yds was 2 weeks shy of 3. I really think it would be great but in August heat, is it worth it? I picture make up sweating down their faces. I would skip costumes.
Also how late do they make appointments in the day? I know we will swim daily so I would love to try for a later afternoon for my boys.

I just bought this costume for DD5. I like it because she can easily walk around in it - not like the ones that have long trains or the like. And she'll get use out of it as a Halloween costume as well. The site linked is literally the ONLY one I found that had this in a small size - all others were "sold out". :)

That one works perfectly!!!

I skipped it last yr since yds was 2 weeks shy of 3. I really think it would be great but in August heat, is it worth it? I picture make up sweating down their faces. I would skip costumes.
Also how late do they make appointments in the day? I know we will swim daily so I would love to try for a later afternoon for my boys.

3:30 is the last appointment. However, most Pirates with the later appointments are not finished in time for the Buccaneer Brigade (aka Pirate Parade). If the Brigade is a huge selling point, book your appointment a little earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter