• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

TPL cannot legally paint a face of a Guest they know is under 3; see the first post for more info.

Just called to make a ressie for PL. They made it for the 6 year old. I asked about the under three year old. They said he had to be legally 3 first. He is having his 3rd birthday at the world. They made it very clear he had to be legally 3 because of the make up. So we made it for on his b-day, the last day. I thought because he wasn't 3 when we got there he was out of luck.

They do offer without make up as walk in if all the slots aren't filled I read on the blog. It is the same price though.

Any word if The Pirate's League photos will be included on the new PhotoPass+? On the Facebook page they were at first saying no to TPL and BBB but then back-tracked and now include BBB so I'm hoping TPL will be as well?

How long will the make-up last?

My DD6 wants to do the Mermaid, but we're going in July and will be also swimming in the pool and going to Typhoon Lagoon. I told her not to expect the makeup to last in the pools ... now she doesn't want to go swimming!

I told her mermaids HAVE to go in the water!:rotfl:

Is there any costume being sold to go along with the mermaid package? Didn't see one on the first page...

The Mermaid is done with eye shadows, so it will not last as long as some of the liquid paints I'm afraid. Swimming will certainly clear it away.

ok, thanks! I guess the good news is that if I take some blues/greens eye shadow along, I should be able to recreate it for her!!

My DH is going to make a mermaid-ish tutu dress for my daughter so she is very excited!

ok, thanks! I guess the good news is that if I take some blues/greens eye shadow along, I should be able to recreate it for her!!

My DH is going to make a mermaid-ish tutu dress for my daughter so she is very excited!

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume they'd give you the unused makeup like BBB does. Can anyone confirm that?

The Mermaid is done with eye shadows, so it will not last as long as some of the liquid paints I'm afraid. Swimming will certainly clear it away.

Not currently.

What?!? No mermaid costume?!? How un-Disney-like!! :scared1: :lmao:

Soon, Im sure... thx Berlioz. :goodvibes

When the packages changed on March 19th, a makeup compact was added to the Empress and Mermaid packages. The pirates use Ben Nye makeup, which is professional theatrical makeup, I'm not sure what they distribute.

When the packages changed on March 19th, a makeup compact was added to the Empress and Mermaid packages. The pirates use Ben Nye makeup, which is professional theatrical makeup, I'm not sure what they distribute.

We did 3 Empress packages on March 29th and did not get a compact.

how to make a reservation?

i got it--thanks.

guess it will be too hot in Sept for that kind of stuff.

Any word if The Pirate's League photos will be included on the new PhotoPass+? On the Facebook page they were at first saying no to TPL and BBB but then back-tracked and now include BBB so I'm hoping TPL will be as well?

Sorry for the delay - just heard back from the Gunners - Photopass+ is not currently available at TPL.

how to make a reservation?

Check the first post for more info: 407-WDW-CREW

Sorry for the delay - just heard back from the Gunners - Photopass+ is not currently available at TPL.

Thanks for getting back to me. OK, since I have to wait to upgrade to Photopass+ in that parks anyways I can wait and see if there are any changes in the next few weeks. If not I'll just stick with the regular Photopass and purchase the TPL photo package separately. Since we're only doing a few character meals and not normally interested in ride photos having TPL included would be the only way to really make it worth the extra cost for us.

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume they'd give you the unused makeup like BBB does. Can anyone confirm that?

Little more info...

The makeup USED on the Mermaid is NOT the same as the palette that is distributed. Just confirmed that with current pirates.

guess it will be too hot in Sept for that kind of stuff.

Depends on your definition of hot. I love Sept weather, it's warm, but not blistering (like July/Aug). Sept/Oct are the League's busiest months, thanks to MNSSHP.

Our visit to the Pirates League and the Captains Jack's Pirate Tutorial

Pirate Goofy came by.

8.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

12.jpg

9.jpg

1.jpg

10-1.jpg

Last years visit with Captain Jack
pirate2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter