OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Thanks so much for all of this info! I'll be doing the DCP at the Pirates League (FA 2015) so this is great to read through!

Does anyone known how small the mermaid costume starts? DD will be doing it in May, and she is a super tiny 3 year old - she barely fits in a 2T. Should I plan on bringing her own costume?

Anyone know what size the mermaid tutu and shirt go up to. My oldest is 9 but wears a size 14/16.

Anyone know what size the mermaid tutu and shirt go up to. My oldest is 9 but wears a size 14/16.
My daughter is the exact same age and size and the highest they go is 12, the outfit is a little tight on her now (we went in Aug).

Has anyone done this recently? My daughter has watched one too many Pirate of the Caribbean movies and wants to be a princess pirate and looking for any pics of girls in pirate gear. =)

We are planning a pirate day which will include a pirate adventure cruise. Since there start at 9:30, it will be impossible to do pirate league before hand...

We will be in the MK a couple of days before, however. Would it be possible for us to stop by and buy costumes a few days before our appointment so that the kids can wear them on the cruise and THEN go get the makeup done. (Which will be fine, since we are doing pirate and pals in the evening)

can someone help me, how far is pirates league from Animal Kingdom Lodge?Specifically Boma restaurant. Just want to make sure we'll make it on time for our dinner reservation. Thanks

can someone help me, how far is pirates league from Animal Kingdom Lodge?Specifically Boma restaurant. Just want to make sure we'll make it on time for our dinner reservation. Thanks
I would allow at least 60 minutes for just travel time. It's in MK, so it will depend on the timing of the buses.

It isn't close. Pirate's League is inside the Magic Kingdom park. Boma is inside the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort. The bus from Magic Kingdom goes directly to AKL, with no other stops, so that's good, but it's about a 20 minute ride, plus time to walk to the bus stop and time spent waiting on a bus which could be 1 minute or 20 minutes, depending on when you walk up. I would allow 60 minutes, as smitch suggested.

Make-up remover works the best. A very kind woman saw me trying to get the remnants of my daughter's Jake makeup off before our CRT dinner (it had run in the August heat) with water and handed me some make up remover towelettes that worked pretty well. I will pack those if we do Pirate's League again.

Depends on the package, but I'd plan for an hour.

ok thanks. Like I said, we have a 4:20 PL make over and the only FPP I could get for 7DMT that day is 5:05-6:05. Think we will make it there by 6:05? if the whole thing takes 90 min, that still gives us 15 min to walk over there so I think it's fine but am a little nervous about it. My TA says we will have plenty of time but I hope she is right.

ok thanks. Like I said, we have a 4:20 PL make over and the only FPP I could get for 7DMT that day is 5:05-6:05. Think we will make it there by 6:05? if the whole thing takes 90 min, that still gives us 15 min to walk over there so I think it's fine but am a little nervous about it. My TA says we will have plenty of time but I hope she is right.
I think you'll be fine. There is also reportedly a 15 minute grace period at the end of each FP. I'd also recommend checking in early at PL, too, as there are some "festivities" that occur prior to the actual makeover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter