• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**OFFICIAL STELLA STORM WATCH THREAD**

Just northwest of Boston.....on the border of 12-18" and 18-24". Hoping for a lot of snow in the NH mountains as we have a ski weekend planned!!

*waves to all my south Jersey neighbors* Heyyyyy! Just across the river from Bucks over here.

One kid's school is closed, just waiting on the other one. Fortunately today is my usual grocery day. I have a longish commute but can probably work from home tomorrow, depending on how things turn out; I work toward the shore, so I might have to send pictures as proof of accumulation! :rotfl:I also had a board meeting cancelled ahead of the storm, so that was a relief. My husband works at a hospital in Philly; they called to see if he wanted to sleep over there tonight but he decided he'd rather drive than subject everyone to his snoring. Heh.

Either way, the plan is watching Moana, homemade pizza for dinner, and I made a cake today, just because.

Checking in from Western Mass. We are expecting blizzard conditions of anywhere from 12-24 inches. Work is cancelled tomorrow, except for two conference calls that I hope go by fast. We are planning to hole up in our PJ's, watch movies, and bake lemon bars :)

I'm west of Boston and we're on the line between 12-16" and 16-20" so probably around a foot. School has been cancelled already and the Governor told all non-essential personnel to stay off the roads.

My son had a job interview scheduled for tomorrow and another son had an important doctors appointment. Both rescheduled. It's really an inconvenience when the snow shuts everything down. But, the bars around here love snow storms Lol.

I hate the winter and am looking forward to moving to a warmer climate sometime soon.

Well I live in South Jersey. So much for the 6-12 inches we have maybe two inches of snow on the grass and ALOT of rain on top of it:( What a huge disappointment!!! Wanted to see our new puppy run around in his first snowfall since we adopted him 3 weeks ago and it was raining so hard out there he did his business and ran inside...and that NEVER happens!!!

Checking in from Pittsburgh here. We were to get anywhere from 3"-1'. Nothing yet. Kids were looking forward to a school delay but off they go!

In northeastern Maryland, it started about 10 last night as a snow-sleet mix. Not sure what it did overnight but we have about 2 inches of snow covered by ice with it sleeting now. Still dangerous but not as pretty as I hoped for.

I live in Northeast PA, in one of the 4 counties in the state to have a blizzard warning. Looking outside, you can see about 4" of my car right now so we already have over a foot of snow and it's currently snowing 2" per hour here. o_O The snow is supposed to taper off until 8:00 pm tonight. My company closed today and the doctor that is supposed to be in the office tomorrow is stuck in Punta Cana because of the blizzard. I'm hoping they'll close tomorrow too, and if not, I won't be going in. With 50 mph winds and drifting snow, as soon as I dig out a portion of my car, it's covered again. I was out twice this morning and finally decided to just wait until Stella is gone to try again.

South Jersey here, I am hoping for snow ONLY because we adopted a puppy three weeks ago and wanted him to run around in it for the first time with our 1 1/2 yr old lab;) unfortunately I have to work 8:30-5 and will probably miss out on all the fun:((

I have a Rottie and she loves the snow! I got her when she was 19 months from a breeder in California and until she came here, she'd never seen it and her first snowfall was so fun. That said, I let her out this morning, she pranced on the front porch then ran back inside. I think the fact that the front steps are gone has her a little confused!

*waves to all my south Jersey neighbors* Heyyyyy! Just across the river from Bucks over here.

One kid's school is closed, just waiting on the other one. Fortunately today is my usual grocery day. I have a longish commute but can probably work from home tomorrow, depending on how things turn out; I work toward the shore, so I might have to send pictures as proof of accumulation! :rotfl:I also had a board meeting cancelled ahead of the storm, so that was a relief. My husband works at a hospital in Philly; they called to see if he wanted to sleep over there tonight but he decided he'd rather drive than subject everyone to his snoring. Heh.

Either way, the plan is watching Moana, homemade pizza for dinner, and I made a cake today, just because.

I know you're disappointed, but I'm thrilled to not have to deal with a ton of snow. Plus, the kids and I all got a day off, anyway, so to me it's all good! I am worried about all of the rain turning to ice later or overnight, though.

Woke up to a couple of inches. We've been bumped up to 25-30 now...

Yay.

And a blizzard warning. Don't forget they added that for us while we slept too. I saw pictures of the 1888 March blizzard... and I was in Albany for the 1993 storm. I'm hoping we don't give those a run for their money...although my kids would absolutely LOVE it.

Woke up to two inches of snow and a lot of rain. Now it's switching over to freezing rain. Drove into work and it wasn't so horrible. Just very slushy and a lot of water on the ground. Cleaning off the car was a pain due to the heavy wet snow!

Just south of Pittsburgh here, we were predicted 3-6, we got a dusting. Kids were in disbelief when I woke them up and told them they had school. LOL

I know you're disappointed, but I'm thrilled to not have to deal with a ton of snow. Plus, the kids and I all got a day off, anyway, so to me it's all good! I am worried about all of the rain turning to ice later or overnight, though.

Not too disappointed, actually! I was going to try to head in to work but my middle child has a fever so I am glad not to be driving in this mess, but other than that, I am honestly a little relieved.

I am with you on worrying about ice, though. Remember that ice storm a couple years back? Worst drive ever.

You can always depend on
The kindness of strangers
To buck up your spirits
And keep you from danger!

Now here's a tip from Blanche you won't regret:
A stranger's just a friend
You haven't met.

You haven't meeeeet!

STREETCAR!
New Or-le-ans,
Home of pirates, drunks, and whores,
New Or-le-ans,
Tacky overpriced souvenir stores.
If you want to go to Hell, you should take a trip
To the Sodom and Gomorra on the Mississip.
New Or-le-ans,
Stinky, rotten, vomiting, vile,
New Or-le-ans,
Putrid, brackish, maggoty, foul.
New Or-le-ans,
Crummy, lousy, rancid, and rank,
New Or-le-ans.

Anyone stuck in Disney a world right now that can't get home? We had to plan ahead and (unfortunately) give up two days of our vacation to get home yesterday morning (instead of tonight.) I know Disney told me they didn't have any rooms available on property to extend stays this week so hopefully no one is stranded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter