Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been answered before. Are strollers allowed in Darth Mall? It will be easier to look at stuff if I'm not chasing my son the whole time.
No, they aren't. There is a stroller parking area right next to the line entrance. We saw cast members directing strollers there the past 2 weekends.

Checked my CC statement..... got my full refund from RH of $60 / group of 6.
They had charged me as a "no show" for our reservation.
We did dine there and they saw the confirmed charge for our dining.
The refund only took 4 days !

We just got back from 12 days and had an awesome time! So thankful for all the tips on this board to help us get everything done! For those asking about the droids, we were in line a little after 4pm this past Friday because a cast member told us C3PO would be out at 4:45. Instead, he came out at 4:15 with Luke and stayed maybe 20-25 minutes. So we missed him since the line moves so slowly. My son and I cycled through the line for about an hour hoping to at least get R2, but he never came out either. A nice cast member finally told us C3PO wouldn't be back out until later in the evening. We came back around 7:15 to get back in line. At 7:45, Leia was still out and Luke came with R2 and C3PO, so my son was able to get a pic with all 4! It was awesome! We were about 7 families from the front when they all came out. I've seen some people mention that the cast members were okay with families letting other families pass, but we didn't experience that in this line. It seemed that the cast members were watching it closely and not allowing it if they noticed, at least on Weekend 2 and this past Friday. Cast members in other lines seemed to be great about it both weekends we were there.

Are people having any luck with walk ups to RH?
They were taking walk ups to eat inside on Tuesday evening. I had a 5:40 reservations and asked if we could go early at 4:45. They said no problem and got us right in and the people at the tables next to us were walk ups. I would say go early during the week if you plan to try it.

We just got back from 12 days and had an awesome time! So thankful for all the tips on this board to help us get everything done! For those asking about the droids, we were in line a little after 4pm this past Friday because a cast member told us C3PO would be out at 4:45. Instead, he came out at 4:15 with Luke and stayed maybe 20-25 minutes. So we missed him since the line moves so slowly. My son and I cycled through the line for about an hour hoping to at least get R2, but he never came out either. A nice cast member finally told us C3PO wouldn't be back out until later in the evening. We came back around 7:15 to get back in line. At 7:45, Leia was still out and Luke came with R2 and C3PO, so my son was able to get a pic with all 4! It was awesome! We were about 7 families from the front when they all came out. I've seen some people mention that the cast members were okay with families letting other families pass, but we didn't experience that in this line. It seemed that the cast members were watching it closely and not allowing it if they noticed, at least on Weekend 2 and this past Friday. Cast members in other lines seemed to be great about it both weekends we were there.
thanks for the report. It will help. Yeah, that's the risk with trying to time it out, some CM are just nicer in that sense.

Hi everyone, this is my first time doing SWW. I have a few questions that I'd love to get your feedback on. I know there's no exact answer to some of these questions, just looking for opinions.
1) How quickly do the AP posters run out? Do they restock each day or just have a limited number for the weekend?
2) Do you think the "Visit to the Maul" show is worth it? I enjoyed "An Ewok's Tale" last week. These first two questions kind of go together because I hadn't been planning on going this weekend, but now I'm thinking about changing my Sunday plans to stop by HS for a few hours to catch "Visit to the Maul" and grab a poster, assuming they should still have any by Sunday afternoon.
3) Saturday of Week 5 is the big day when my BF and I will be at HS all day. We don't have FP for Frank Oz, but I want to try and get in stand-by. Do you think there's any chance? How early should we start getting in line? I'm thinking 2 hours.
4) For someone who's not a morning person, is the Stormtrooper Welcome worth it? How does it compare to the Pre-Show before Stars of the Saga? I have FOMO and kind of want to see everything, but I also don't really want to be at HS from 7:30am to 10:00pm. That just seems like too long of a day to spend in the sun.

The DDP people view the parade from the front of the park so they can follow it. If it's any help, my husband did DDP and we did PP, and he thinks we had a better pre-parade experience. We got to see clips and trivia on the big screen and got front-row viewing in the shade, but he had to wait in the sun because the umbrellas didn't extend to the front row. At the end of the parade they remove the ropes for the PP people to move toward the stage so it's not like the DPP people had a huge advantage there either.

Thank you, that helps. We are buying for the 1 reserved seat at a show and the desert party\fireworks honestly. How is the view for the fireworks and is the desert party any different?

Hi everyone, this is my first time doing SWW. I have a few questions that I'd love to get your feedback on. I know there's no exact answer to some of these questions, just looking for opinions.
1) How quickly do the AP posters run out? Do they restock each day or just have a limited number for the weekend?
2) Do you think the "Visit to the Maul" show is worth it? I enjoyed "An Ewok's Tale" last week. These first two questions kind of go together because I hadn't been planning on going this weekend, but now I'm thinking about changing my Sunday plans to stop by HS for a few hours to catch "Visit to the Maul" and grab a poster, assuming they should still have any by Sunday afternoon.
3) Saturday of Week 5 is the big day when my BF and I will be at HS all day. We don't have FP for Frank Oz, but I want to try and get in stand-by. Do you think there's any chance? How early should we start getting in line? I'm thinking 2 hours.
4) For someone who's not a morning person, is the Stormtrooper Welcome worth it? How does it compare to the Pre-Show before Stars of the Saga? I have FOMO and kind of want to see everything, but I also don't really want to be at HS from 7:30am to 10:00pm. That just seems like too long of a day to spend in the sun.

Saturday of week 5 has FP for OZ currently available, or least they did about an hour ago.

1.- they've been giving them out until around 2pm, some days even later. They give them out Friday, Saturday and Sunday and it seems they have enough stock
2.- It's good if you're interested in martial arts and what went behind Darth's Maul moves
3.- Last year for A Conversation with Mark Hamill they gave standby tickets to people that went to the theater in the morning to line up for it. So people went early to the theater, they handed them standby tickets and were told to return 30 minutes before showtime and they would have a guaranteed seat, so they didn't have to line up all day. Not sure if they will do the same for Frank Oz
4.- Stormtrooper welcome show in the morning is funny, if you're not a morning person and would rather come later to enjoy your day I wouldn't sacrifice my sleep. You can always watch it on YouTube

the only thing on my list to check for this weekend is what's sold out from Darth's Mall on Sunday...
Anything else you guys want me to check?

If you are able to, to get another assessment of when to get in line for a pic of the fab four. Is it 6:45pm, 7pm or 7:15pm. We will be there for weekend V on Friday the 12th and this is #1 on my kids list. thank you.

Thank you, that helps. We are buying for the 1 reserved seat at a show and the desert party\fireworks honestly. How is the view for the fireworks and is the desert party any different?
the dessert parties are identical in food and drinks, the only difference is that the PP is a larger space because they booked more of that package, the DPP shares their location with the VIP package. View of the fireworks is almost the same

Celebrity autograph schedule for weekend IV...again, Ray only doing one signing but the timing suggests that he might do more than an hour, hopefully
  • Jeremy Bulloch: 1pm, 2:15pm, 4:30pm
  • Ashley Eckstein: 4:45pm
  • Ray Park - 1pm

here's the updated schedule for weekend IV
James Arnold Taylor (not signing)
Ray Park Darth Maul –Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace Autograph Sessions ( 1pm )
Jeremy Bulloch Boba Fett –Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back andStar Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi Autograph Sessions ( 1pm, 2:15pm and 4:30pm)
Ashley Eckstein(Voice of Ahsoka Tano –Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Rebels ) Autograph session 4:45pm to 5:45pm

Giving priority to Ray Park, arrive by 4am. Jeremy arrive by 5:30am. Ashley by 6am
Legends of the Force celebrity motorcade and welcome 11am

Behind the Force Rebels 1:45pm
Stormtrooper Pre Show SotS 3:15pm
Stars of the Saga 3:30pm
Visit to the Maul 5:15pm
Obi Wan and Beyond 7pm
PMC kids edition 12:15pm and 4:15pm sign ups at ABC Sound Studios (kids only PMC featuring Sabine and Ezra)
2:30pm and 6:00pm no sign up required (Family Edition, picked at random, hosted BY Ashley Eckstein)
JTA 8:45 AM 9:20 AM 10:05 AM 10:35 AM 12:00 PM 12:30 PM 1:00 PM 1:30 PM 2:00 PM 2:30 PM 3:00 PM 3:30 PM 4:00 PM 4:30 PM 5:00 PM 5:30 PM 6:30 PM 7:00 PM 7:30 PM
Galactic Dance Party 7 pm

Summon the Force Pre Show and Symphony in the Stars 9:30pm

Quick RH question (or any adult beverage experience). Do they card you there on site or is that info linked through the MB for staff to verify? Just trying to see how much I can leave in our room and NOT carry with us. :) Thanks!

I updated the first post for weekend V. The autograph sessions should remain the same times as they have been so I'm confident those will be the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter