Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and when would be a good time to take chairs and other items from waiting in line,back to the car? We will park close as my mom (also with us) has a handicapped license plate. Thanks!!

I apologize if this has been asked 800 other times, but I've gone through the last 10 pages of posts and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know how busy Warwick Davis's autograph line has been this year? Tomorrow is my only chance to go, but I did all 24 hours at MK yesterday and I'm still wiped, so the thought of spending the night on the pavement is not appealing at the moment. Would I be ok getting there at 5:00, or is that not playing it safe enough?

This morning his line was cut off shortly after 6. Silas had fp left at 7 as did Vanessa. Ashley didn't really get a line formed until after 6

Total long shot- if anyone is in the park and finds a black and orange camera bag with a canon camera in it, please turn it in to guest services for me. Three very helpful cast members tried to help me find it (thankful to them for trying) but they weren't able to find it. Last time we know we had it was at 4:45 at the Blister pack meet. We went to Darth's Mall afterward and then husband went to Star Tours and I went to Muppets (I didn't have it on my person- may have been left on my stroller) we checked all three possibilities and didn't find it. We're checking guest services tonight.

It has pictures of my infant DD on it and some pics from the trip that aren't replicated on memory maker or my phone (including jedi Mickey's and galactic breakfast )

Needless to say if it wasn't for our dessert Party tonight I would have already gone back to the hotel.

oh, i am SO sorry. I hope you find it!!!

Ok, now my other 2 sons aged 10 and 11 want Peter Mayhew's autograph... :teleport:
Any ideas on a safe time to get there Fri, June 12th for him?
Also,how to try to get them to wait calmly??!! Anyone have luck keeping kiddos occupied?!
Can they walk around the area and keep coming back to the line? One has anxiety disorder... Thanks!!

I suggest only 1 of you do the line and have the rest of them join you around 5:45am. Let the ppl behind you know how many will be joining you and even bring place holders if you like. No one will appreciate any noise before 5:30am as people will be sleeping.
But they have been banding people shortly after 6am so they need to be there before 6am. Once banded you will have until 7am to put stuff back in the car.
I don't know a safe time, I will sleeping out and holding DH's spot with a chair in another line most likely.
People sleep all over so don't be surprised if the line all of a sudden has a bunch of people show up back in the line shortly before they start banding.

It was nice to finally meet you and your lovely DD, @yulilin3 . :) I'm glad your waiting paid off with some awesome pics!

@jennab113 I'm sorry you got skipped :( My boys were being shy so they moved on immediately. We never saw the jawas and my youngest was so disappointed. They only skipped our little section so that was hard for him. My daughter walked up to them and managed a trade which was great for her but made it even worse for my son. I did mention it to a manager because while it doesn't bother me, there are a lot of kids there waiting so patiently and it is hard for them.

Our dinner was great though and our server top notch!

We are now doing some rides in MK and then heading home.

I ended up arriving around 2:30am or so for Warwick today. Made his first session with a return time of 1:15-1:25. We went in and we got him within a half hour. People behind us arrived later, like around 5, so I think it would be okay.

As far as the lines, some people leave their stuff and walk around (a lot of the regulars walk around and catch up with friends) so as long as you're in line when they're handing out the wristbands and later the fastpasses, you'd be fine. I usually just sleep until 5:40 and then I'll use my phone if I'm alone. If I have other people with me, I have a deck of cards in my purse (this year Star Wars themed!) so we'll play cards to pass time.

They've been handing out wristbands between 6:00-6:20. Haven't been too consistent on an exact time. I have set my alarm for 5:40am and I just go bring my stuff back to the car then. People start stirring around 6, so it's hard for me to sleep anymore after that and the sun is coming up as well. After they band, you have until about 7am to do stuff before it's fastpass time. Some people will take their stuff in that time.

I'm exhausted and this'll be my last SWW until weekend IV. I have to work tomorrow and then my friend and I go to Disneyland this next weekend!

I suggest only 1 of you do the line and have the rest of them join you around 5:45am. Let the ppl behind you know how many will be joining you and even bring place holders if you like. No one will appreciate any noise before 5:30am as people will be sleeping.
But they have been banding people shortly after 6am so they need to be there before 6am. Once banded you will have until 7am to put stuff back in the car.
I don't know a safe time, I will sleeping out and holding DH's spot with a chair in another line most likely.
People sleep all over so don't be surprised if the line all of a sudden has a bunch of people show up back in the line shortly before they start banding.

Thanks! What time would you recommend the line holder to be in line at, for Peter Mayhew? Thanks!

Also, how far away is the handicapped parking spots? , not that there will be a lot of cars there yet...

Thanks! What time would you recommend the line holder to be in line at, for Peter Mayhew? Thanks!

Also, how far away is the handicapped parking spots? , not that there will be a lot of cars there yet...

I've never actually waited for him before so I don't really know how bad he'd be. I know since I want to see him and it's usually just me going, I would go sometime in the early AM between 2-3am. I think as long as you're in line by 5 or 6 it would be okay, but it is his only weekend meeting.

Handicapped isn't that far away. I would say maybe a 5 minute walk or less, depending on how fast you walk.

Personally I would be there by 3am. But it all really depends on who shows up.

Handicapped is close by.

I did mention it to a manager because while it doesn't bother me, there are a lot of kids there waiting so patiently and it is hard for them.
It's sad that not all guests can interact with some of the characters. The problem is that the characters can only be onstage for a set amount of time and because they also have to go outside to roam, their time allotment is shortened. Because RH was never set up to be a character dining experience, the CMs' scheduling isn't set up to provide that type of interactive experience. It's really set up as a Dance Party rotation.

If they adjust the character interaction in the future, the additional CM manpower will be reflected in the pricing of the RH experience. That will make 3 very pricey dining experiences during SW season.

Does anyone know if Sabine and Ezra appear at both the 12:15 & 4:15 PMC?

Also, is there any reason why we couldn't just order drinks at RH and no food?

Last edited:
We're visiting on Saturday, June 6. What are the chances we can get a walk up breakfast for Galactic at Dine-In? I've checked the disney dining site obsessively, and signed up for one of the paid notification services, but the day is drawing near and we still don't have a reservation. :yoda:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter