Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it the deluxe premium FTF fireworks viewing on the right hand side of the stage? Does it have a larger/smaller space than the premium side? Gonna video the show with a DSLR and trying to get an idea of how close I'll be to the stage and if I wanna try a zoom lens or a wide-angle. i did a wide-angle last year for the fireworks but was so far from the stage that you can't make out much in the way of details.

If you are facing the stage the DPP is on the right side. We had the table farthest back to the left and I couldnt get far enough back to capture the whole display on my phone so maybe wide angle would be the best lens.

I am planning to go one night and video from outside the park. It is one of the best views of the HS fireworks out there IMO.

Let me ask two quick questions. I'm glad that everyone is having fun.
I made our reservations for hollywood and vine and for sci fi breakfast before they announced the rebel hanger thing, and then I wasn't paying attention and missed making a reservation there. Is there any stand by? If you just want to see the setting can you go to the fast food catering company on a non-weekend day? The food doesn't look that amazing really, but I know my kids would like to see the rebels characters. I know that this is only on the weekends for the characters. There are no reservations the next four weekends.
Second, how were the lines today for autographs? Anything different, changing, unexpected, new, etc?

Anyone know if they are still handing out AP posters right now? Thinking of swinging by DHS tonight to get ours. Our SWW day is tomorrow (would rather get them now instead of lugging them around all day and getting them messed up tomorrow, especially if it rains).

I made our reservations for hollywood and vine and for sci fi breakfast before they announced the rebel hanger thing, and then I wasn't paying attention and missed making a reservation there. Is there any stand by? If you just want to see the setting can you go to the fast food catering company on a non-weekend day? The food doesn't look that amazing really, but I know my kids would like to see the rebels characters. I know that this is only on the weekends for the characters. There are no reservations the next four weekends.
Second, how were the lines today for autographs? Anything different, changing, unexpected, new, etc?
There is outdoor seating for walk ups, weather permitting :)

Anyone know if they are still handing out AP posters right now? Thinking of swinging by DHS tonight to get ours. Our SWW day is tomorrow (would rather get them now instead of lugging them around all day and getting them messed up tomorrow, especially if it rains).

Sold out for today, if all accounts I'm reading I'd get there before the parade tomorrow, seems like around 12 to 1 they seel out daily

Last edited:

What weekend are you going? I have reservations for 4 each weekend, saturdays except for the last weekend that one is sunday, you can have one if you want it.

Met Luke and Leia today. Luke came out at 4:15 and met until 5:00. Leia came out with R2 at 4:50. The 3 of them took 3 families all together. Then Luke left. The CM said the exact same opening schedule happened yesterday. They promis nothing but it was perfect for us. We got in the line about 3:30 and were 10th to meet Luke. My Dh got in at 4:05 and we were the 4th family to meet just Leia and R2. Hope this helps if you really HAVE to meet one of them and the schedule stays similar.

What weekend are you going? I have reservations for 4 each weekend, saturdays except for the last weekend that one is sunday, you can have one if you want it.

I would completely do that if you don't want one, but I am not sure how to do it.

I just saw a picture on instagram that was either a magic shot or aurasma, not sure which, of someone force pushing some storm troopers! If anyone comes across this, can you post where it is? Thanks so much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter