Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on the open mind. I trust Disney, and I want the Darth Maul hummus regardless of the staging.

But, I am curious: what if people are lingering from lunch? Will they boot them out?

I don't see how they could. I think it could get really backed up.

You're right. We did see a rocket once from near Mission Space -it was pretty cool. We were hoping to see it from closer this time. We watched the next to last launch of the space shuttle Atlantis from the causeway at the space center and it was amazing. The kids are hooked now on seeing launches. We're from PA and don't know all the beaches so we appreciate everyone's opinions and help.

We watched that Atlantis launch from a park on 50. There are tons of parks along 50 and we picked one that wasn't super crowded. From the general area of "across from KSC" I really don't think there is a bad view. That said, if you want a beach, too I can't help as much. :)

My son was 2 at the time and obsessed with "pace shuttles" (even went as one the following Halloween). One of those things that I know he won't remember but I'm glad I did for him.

I don't go to Epcot very often, it's my least favorite park but others have reported that some of the topiaries stay up all year. I've never noticed this.
The main ones will go down overnight.
People have reported seeing the Bambi and Snow White one year round. I usually go to Epcot for F&G and F&W and on NYE

From what I understand most of them come down right away. I do have a picture with Bambi from Dec 2012 though.

We watched that Atlantis launch from a park on 50. There are tons of parks along 50 and we picked one that wasn't super crowded. From the general area of "across from KSC" I really don't think there is a bad view. That said, if you want a beach, too I can't help as much. :)

My son was 2 at the time and obsessed with "pace shuttles" (even went as one the following Halloween). One of those things that I know he won't remember but I'm glad I did for him.
What a great halloween costume! Bet that was fun!
My kids still talk about it and remember so vividly. They were excited about the launch but ever since they are now obsessed with all things space travel. When we saw that a rocket launch was scheduled on our water park day, they chose the launch. I just thought the beach would be a nice "extra" but I'm sure they'll be excited anywhere that they can see.

this is my favorite spot for all fireworks at DHS, it's not crowded and offer a complete, unobstructed view of them. From here you can't see the pre show though. If you have great eyesight you can see it on the jumbotron on the Hyperion Theater but other than that you miss it.

What's in the pre-show? All the bloggers seem to say it's not worth bothering with but I've never seen a description.

What's in the pre-show? All the bloggers seem to say it's not worth bothering with but I've never seen a description.
if you don't mind a spoiler...I thought it was Ok, worth watching once. I watched it from last years FtF area so I didn't really need to see it up close again

that's where I'll be the nights I'm staying for fireworks. I'm guessing characters will be meeting here during the day, just a guess.
The other place with tables and chairs would be Min and Bills but I don't want to take a table away from someone that is actually buying food. So the ledge will have to work for us.

I just want the seat. By that time of night standing is hard on my Dad. And I saw your pics; this is a lovely view.

I just want the seat. By that time of night standing is hard on my Dad. And I saw your pics; this is a lovely view.
it's great, if we had the tables and chairs it would be a lot better. I have a group of local friends and for fireworks at DHS we always get together and watch them from there.

:flower1:I didn't know about the Jawas trading with you. We leave in the am! Will they trade for Disney pins? They are shiny and we have tons of traders we can party with. :thanks:

:flower1:I didn't know about the Jawas trading with you. We leave in the am! Will they trade for Disney pins? They are shiny and we have tons of traders we can party with. :thanks:
yes, they'll take pins, not sure if you would get pins or something else in return

SWW package question. I know this was discussed prior, but just can't find it. Parade viewing for the different packages.

FTF PP parade viewing in ripped off section near the stage. The same as last year. FTF DPP, parade viewing at the beginning of the parade and then follow behind to the stage. Do I have this right?

As for the VIP package, where do they view the parade?

I am still debating, in my head, the benefits of the VIP over DPP. That is if any DDP cancelations happen. And if they do, there is a lot of people interested.

image.jpg image.jpg
@katrina1122

As for the Jawas, we always hit up the dollar store for light up items. They were a big hit with the Jawas at Sci-Fi last year. They dug through their bags for the best items for my son. The attached picture is this years item.

Might be too late unless you have a dollar store near by. Just remember they won't trade for food items.

Flight delayed 40 minutes. I was hoping to get to bed early but looks like I won't get to my folks house until 11:00 and I have to be up at midnight for FPs. So much for the "get lots of sleep" plan.

On the plus side I moved furniture yesterday and no concussion symptoms today. :-) hopefully I'm passed the fragile stage again.

yes, they'll take pins, not sure if you would get pins or something else in return

What sorts of items could we expect to get in a trade with the Jawas? I have some Star Wars restaurant giveaways from when Eps 1-3 were released and have never been opened and would use those in a trade with them.

I just received the VIP tour details via email. I won't post it as others have already done so. If anyone has any questions specific to the weekend tour let me know.

What sorts of items could we expect to get in a trade with the Jawas? I have some Star Wars restaurant giveaways from when Eps 1-3 were released and have never been opened and would use those in a trade with them.
It's not meant to be taken very seriously. People have gotten socks, salt shakers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter