Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I should have said which weekend- we're there the second weekend (22-24). Sorry to get your hopes up! I will definitely post here before canceling though!
The infamous 24 hour weekend...Some people have reported that the fireworks on tha Friday were emptier, guessing a lot of people decided to jump over to MK to spend the night. So I would say to get the package for Saturday or Sunday, that way you'll have a reserved spot for both parade and fireworks on the busier days

Was it the line? Or meeting Darth Vader?

Not sure it was Vader. When it wasn't our turn, he kept trying to go up towards him and "photobomb" other folks. I stopped this of course. Then when it was our turn, he wouldn't go up to him (.....until I took him away from the line and then he REALLY wanted Vader). We ultimately left the zoo because he wouldn't listen to us and I wanted to reinforce to him that when he made bad choices, there were consequences.

I do think he was a little "sensory overloaded." In retrospect, I don't think he understood that we would see people in costumes and that this wasn't a normal zoo day. I will try to prepare him better prior to our trip to SWW.

We have gone to Disney twice, but never during SWW and always during a lower crowd season. We are now doing SWW during Memorial Day Weekend, so this definitely requires some thought on my part to better understand his limits and plan accordingly.

Sorry I should have said which weekend- we're there the second weekend (22-24). Sorry to get your hopes up! I will definitely post here before canceling though!
Oh gosh, no worries! I am keeping an eye on the May cancel thread. Plus, 1) we have a dinner 2) at a relatively decent time, so I can't complain too much! Thanks though!

I have an ADR for 8:25pm Jedi Mickey dinner on May 22nd for three people that I am going to cancel. PM me if you are interested.

An Ewoks Tale - A Short Tale is a show by Warwick Davis....among many other roles, he played Ewok Wicket in Return of the Jedi .....it's pretty much his life story. Very cute and funny.
Thanks.

What i meant was, that all the other events were listed, but that one wasn't. So there are all the events, and the priorty to get FPs for and the one that's missing from the list. @yulilin3 do you know about what time the Ewok show is?

there was discussion of a good area that was shaded for the parade, Im really eating myself up over this as i cant find that info and the picture of the area, im a visual person, and it kills me to ask this again. WHERE is the shaded area? I think with my recent job lose ill be forgoing the FtF package , but im still going there are thousands of people who will never go to Disney world so for that im happy.

I go every Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there the first Friday just because I want to try and see how many characters I can get in one day. Anyways Saturday and Sunday I'll be at Backlot Express for lunch after the parade, so around noon, I try and grab a table in the sun room, the first room on your left when you enter, I met a lot of people last year at this location. On Saturday nights I'll be at Echo Lake starting at 8pm until the fireworks are done. Can't stay for fireworks Sunday because my daughter has school. Also if you see me or my daughter walking around or in a line stop and say Hi, I also met a lot of people this way last year.

I'm a little proud of myself for figuring out how to pull this quote out of the post and put it in my reply here on my phone! Hehe :-)

Thank you so much for the info. Hopefully, we'll get to meet you and other DISers at lunch after the parade on Sunday (June 14). It'll be the last day for SWW so it may be bittersweet. I can't believe I'm feeling sad about the end of SWW before it even starts! Ugh

Thanks.

What i meant was, that all the other events were listed, but that one wasn't. So there are all the events, and the priorty to get FPs for and the one that's missing from the list. @yulilin3 do you know about what time the Ewok show is?

Sorry, misunderstood. Last year we saw this show on May 23....5pm. For priority...I'm guessing here, but I believe he was only there the one weekend, which would make this a high priority, because it was jam packed when we went.

I'm.guessing no news then on the ftf this is like slow torture, I wake everyday and check....then before bed I check lol, and if I forget to check I have a cold sweat panic thinking it will be out and I'll miss out,while I check the pages

Thanks.

My bad...An Ewoks Tale and My Short Story are one in the same. It's actually called: My Short Story An Ewoks Tale. So all the info is there. The show last year was at 5:15pm. Again only happens if/when Warwick Davis comes. Same priority level as Visit to the Maul
EDIT: I'm fixing the first post and only call the show My Short Story

Last edited:
there was discussion of a good area that was shaded for the parade, Im really eating myself up over this as i cant find that info and the picture of the area, im a visual person, and it kills me to ask this again. WHERE is the shaded area? I think with my recent job lose ill be forgoing the FtF package , but im still going there are thousands of people who will never go to Disney world so for that im happy.
The shade area is all the area on the left side of Hollywood Blvd, you'll be shaded by the buildings. If you look at the comprehensive review on page one you can see pictures of it

I'm.guessing no news then on the ftf this is like slow torture, I wake everyday and check....then before bed I check lol, and if I forget to check I have a cold sweat panic thinking it will be out and I'll miss out,while I check the pages

No ftf or guest news yet.... The torture continues!
Star Wars episode 2015...The Torture Continues
;) the funny thing is that it's like this every year and you would think I've gotten used to it.

So I have my fast passes booked. Once the Star Wars events are added as fast pass options, can I replace only certain fast passes, or will they all get released back into the system? My son has never been on Toy Story. I'd like to add some of the Star Wars stuff, but it would stink to lose my other fast passes that I booked early...

Well, today is March 22nd. I believe this is the date that the VIP was supposed to be announced to the public, and possibly the FtF. ??? I came here 1st to look, but I'm going to look at the Disney SWW site now. I really had my fingers crossed when I got up this morning! Not so much now since no word here. Oh well.

So I have my fast passes booked. Once the Star Wars events are added as fast pass options, can I replace only certain fast passes, or will they all get released back into the system? My son has never been on Toy Story. I'd like to add some of the Star Wars stuff, but it would stink to lose my other fast passes that I booked early...
You will be able to change your existing FPs to add the SW shows once they are released. However, all of the shows were tier 1 last year, meaning you can only select one to FP each day (and will need to choose b/w SW and TSMM).

You will be able to change your existing FPs to add the SW shows once they are released. However, all of the shows were tier 1 last year, meaning you can only select one to FP each day (and will need to choose b/w SW and TSMM).
::yes:: what @Cluelyss said. Unfortunately the SWW shows were tier one last year (It might change this year but I doubt it) meaning you will have to release the TSMM fp to be able to book a SW show. If you are there at rope drop you can ride TSMM with minimal wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter