Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my SWW all planned out...

Wednesday May 13th - Arrive at MCO at 3pm. Collect hire car. Head to Hash House A Go Go for dinner. Check in at SSR. Hit Epcot.

Thursday May 14th - Spend day at MK. Breakfast booked at 1900PF. Dinner at B&C. Early morning fastpasses for the mountains.

Friday May 15th - DHS at rd. Day of riding, shopping and all things Star Wars. Dinner at 50s Prime Time.

Saturday May 16th - Epcot. Rides in the morning, WS in afternoon.

Sunday May 17th - Shopping on iDrive, resort pool later on.

Monday May 18th - Universal

Tuesday May 19th - Hit DHS in morning, got Star Wars breakfast booked. Head over to DTD for Virgin Atlantic check in and lunch at T-Rex. Chill at Disney Quest until around 4pm then head to airport to fly back to UK.

Its gonna be an epic trip, 4 guys, no wives, no kids. Perfect.

@yulilin3 will you be seated by Echo Lake only on Saturday nights? We will do DHS Friday and Sunday but we'll take advantage of evening EMH at MK on Saturday. I'd love to meet more DISers :-)

So I just hit up Star Wars Saturday at my local zoo. It was great to see all the kiddos (and some adults!) dressed up as their favorite SW characters. Got me so excited for SWW until my son had a complete behavior breakdown while in line to see Darth Vader. The lines were actually pretty short and moved fast, so that wasn't an issue. We ended up leaving the zoo pretty quickly once I realized he wasn't going to get his behavior together. Wasted $50! More importantly, this totally has me worried about what I have planned for SWW. Need to reevaluate my plan!

A couple questions for a SWW first timer, apologies if it's been address already:
1. My fast pass window opens tonight. Besides the usual Hollywood studios stuff, is there star wars specific fast pass selections that are available now?
2. Any word on feel the force?
3. Can you get star wars magic bands (that you can link to your account) prior to arriving?

Thanks much!

A couple questions for a SWW first timer, apologies if it's been address already:
1. My fast pass window opens tonight. Besides the usual Hollywood studios stuff, is there star wars specific fast pass selections that are available now?
2. Any word on feel the force?
3. Can you get star wars magic bands (that you can link to your account) prior to arriving?

Thanks much!

1. Not yet
2. Not yet
3. No

What time is the parade over if it starts at 11:30? Trying to plan fast passes, thinking starting them around 12:30
If you stay for the show on the stage immediately after the parade (presuming they have that again) - it's about 30 minutes from start to finish. 12:30 onward is pretty reasonable I think (leaving time for potty breaks, maybe grabbing a drink after being in the hot sun for 30 minutes, etc; ;) )

From first post...
The ability to book fp+ opened 5/5/14 for SWW 2014 All the shows are in Tier One. From most popular to least popular:
Stars of the Saga - Visit to the Maul - An Ewoks Tale - Obi Wan and Beyond - Behind the Force

But I don't see a description of 'An Ewoks Tale':scratchin
I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet in a time-order of things.

Any questions that others have not answered I'll do in a couple of hours...just wanted to check in quickly just to say.....it's HOT!! seriously don't remember the last time we hit 90 in March. Please keep that in mind when planning

Nhebron, sounds like $50 well spent since you learned his tolerance level. I read a post about 'lowering expectations to the park' that suggested knowing what your kids can/can't do.

If you know he'll get upset, knowing he'll blow up will be less of a let down if/when he does. Not the best when plopping down Disney level money, but at least you can coach him on li

So I just hit up Star Wars Saturday at my local zoo. It was great to see all the kiddos (and some adults!) dressed up as their favorite SW characters. Got me so excited for SWW until my son had a complete behavior breakdown while in line to see Darth Vader. The lines were actually pretty short and moved fast, so that wasn't an issue. We ended up leaving the zoo pretty quickly once I realized he wasn't going to get his behavior together. Wasted $50! More importantly, this totally has me worried about what I have planned for SWW. Need to reevaluate my plan!

Was it the line? Or meeting Darth Vader?

From first post...

But I don't see a description of 'An Ewoks Tale':scratchin
I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet in a time-order of things.

An Ewoks Tale - A Short Tale is a show by Warwick Davis....among many other roles, he played Ewok Wicket in Return of the Jedi .....it's pretty much his life story. Very cute and funny.

Obviously FtF hasn't been released yet, but I've been thinking about scheduling.

If we are planning on being at SWW All three days, which day would be best to try to schedule FtF? Friday we have a 6:00 res for H&V Jedi dinner. Saturday we have 8:00am Sci fi breakfast and 5:45 H&V dinner (will cancel one dinner eventually- not sure which one yet). Sunday we have a 5:45 Mama Melrose fantasmic res.

Would Friday or Saturday be best for FtF? I made our Fastpass picks last night (which wasn't easy!) but I know I will be changing them up once shows are released!

Thanks!

Obviously FtF hasn't been released yet, but I've been thinking about scheduling.

If we are planning on being at SWW All three days, which day would be best to try to schedule FtF? Friday we have a 6:00 res for H&V Jedi dinner. Saturday we have 8:00am Sci fi breakfast and 5:45 H&V dinner (will cancel one dinner eventually- not sure which one yet). Sunday we have a 5:45 Mama Melrose fantasmic res.

Would Friday or Saturday be best for FtF? I made our Fastpass picks last night (which wasn't easy!) but I know I will be changing them up once shows are released!

Thanks!
I'm not sure which weekend you are there, but if it is the first and you cancel Friday, I'd love to coordinate. I currently have a 7:15 for May 18th that I'd love to bump to an earlier time. Friday at 6 would be great.

Sorry, that was all about me, but I don't know the answer to your question. :)

I'm back. My plan was to stay until around 6pm, but man the heat hit me. It's time to start hydrating for SWW ;)

@yulilin3 will you be seated by Echo Lake only on Saturday nights? We will do DHS Friday and Sunday but we'll take advantage of evening EMH at MK on Saturday. I'd love to meet more DISers :-)
I go every Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there the first Friday just because I want to try and see how many characters I can get in one day. Anyways Saturday and Sunday I'll be at Backlot Express for lunch after the parade, so around noon, I try and grab a table in the sun room, the first room on your left when you enter, I met a lot of people last year at this location. On Saturday nights I'll be at Echo Lake starting at 8pm until the fireworks are done. Can't stay for fireworks Sunday because my daughter has school. Also if you see me or my daughter walking around or in a line stop and say Hi, I also met a lot of people this way last year.

Nhebron, sounds like $50 well spent since you learned his tolerance level. I read a post about 'lowering expectations to the park' that suggested knowing what your kids can/can't do.

If you know he'll get upset, knowing he'll blow up will be less of a let down if/when he does. Not the best when plopping down Disney level money, but at least you can coach him on li
What happened to you is great because now you know. On my tips I always say to know your kids limits and don't get close to them, basically try and prevent a breakdown. Don't over plan either. Have a solid plan but know that some things will not be done, make a priority list so that you get what is more important for you and your family done and then the rest will be bonus.
Today at Epcot I cannot tell you how many kids and more than one adult was melting down, just because of heat and crowds. It makes me sad when I see parents yelling at their kids because they're tired or cranky "I spent xxx$$ and you're crying!" just have a plan B

Thanks!
There really isn't a better day to do the package. Fridays tends to be the least crowded but not by much. Maybe scheduling it for the first day would be better to start your SWW with a bang!! or leaving it for the end, for the same reason?

I'm not sure which weekend you are there, but if it is the first and you cancel Friday, I'd love to coordinate. I currently have a 7:15 for May 18th that I'd love to bump to an earlier time. Friday at 6 would be great.

Sorry, that was all about me, but I don't know the answer to your question. :)
Sorry I should have said which weekend- we're there the second weekend (22-24). Sorry to get your hopes up! I will definitely post here before canceling though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter