Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast for 2 on 6/12 at 10:40am. If anyone wants it, we can try to coordinate when I cancel it. PM if interested!

Thanks again to AuntieK for helping us out with our new reservation!!!

Last edited:
I am struggling with when to sign up for Jedi Training. Do you think it is better on a non SWW day or during SWW? It sounds like it might be more crowed and rushed during SWW and an off day might be better. Thoughts?

I am struggling with when to sign up for Jedi Training. Do you think it is better on a non SWW day or during SWW? It sounds like it might be more crowed and rushed during SWW and an off day might be better. Thoughts?
Definitely do it on a non-SWW day. My DD is a "friend of a Padawan" and SWW sessions are equivalent to childcare in hyper-mode. I've watched more sessions than an average parent would and it's much more enjoyable and low-key during a non-SWW session.

Thoroughly enjoyed JTA on a non-SWW day during our last trip. :-)

So, ideas for fun things to trade with the Jawas? Thinking pins... (either Disney or TA)

Thoroughly enjoyed JTA on a non-SWW day during our last trip. :-)

So, ideas for fun things to trade with the Jawas? Thinking pins... (either Disney or TA)
what do people usually trade with them and what have they traded back. and sorry but whats TA

what do people usually trade with them and what have they traded back. and sorry but whats TA
Trade items that you feel other guests would like to receive in trade: pins, stickers, glow sticks, glow bracelets, toy figurines, keychains, etc.

You can also gift items to the Jawas as they are allowed to keep items that are specifically given to them such as pins, Vinyls, etc.

I gifted jawas with jawa action figures one time. Then last year it was bottle caps. This year I am thinking of making little jewelry pendants out of wire in imperial and rebel symbols.
I am now in count down mode and two days ago I scored HV for June 5. It's at 830 but I have hopes to grab an earlier one.

Trade items that you feel other guests would like to receive in trade: pins, stickers, glow sticks, glow bracelets, toy figurines, keychains, etc.

You can also gift items to the Jawas as they are allowed to keep items that are specifically given to them such as pins, Vinyls, etc.

How do they know what is a gift and what is for trade? Do you just approach them and ask to trade?

Was thinking my fast pass window opened tonight but decided to check just in case. Thank goodness! Apparently opened last night instead. Was able to get what I wanted...esp 7dmt. Epcot and HS really need more tier 2 rides. I feel like the old days, stuck with too many a/b tickets and not enough E tickets!

How do they know what is a gift and what is for trade? Do you just approach them and ask to trade?
You just approach and ask if they want to trade, you show them what you got and they agree, take it, look in their bags and give you something. If you just want to gift you just tell them

Can you hear the music from the Echo Lake viewing area?
Yes you can. This video was shot from right around where Gertie the Dinosaur Ice Cream is, very close to where I sit. I sit where the tables and chairs are and you don't get blocked by the tiny island to the left of this video, so you get a more unobstructed view from where I sit

Have fun at Epcot today @yulilin3 !

If you're buy Innoventions - I hear they're closing Innoventions west, if you see a CM nearby can you ask if they know where they may be moving the Visa Card member meet and greet when it closes?

Also, can you let me know if you think there are any "do not miss" things at flower and garden. We can probably swing over there breifly on the day before it ends in between SW stuff (but can also miss it to if there's nothing great - we've done it several times before ).

Every afternoon I check this SWW board. Every time I see there is four or five new pages and I get excited that they have realeased more information.
And every time I am disappointed that there is no new information. ;)

But speculating with you all about who is going to be there and what the FTF package is going to be like this year is almost as fun. :)

IMG_0870.jpg
I shot this right after the parade on June 6, 2014. I'm impressed because I was in the midst of recording a video using the DSLR and this was the first time I had tried taking a photo while videoing but I knew I HAD to have this shot! The video "hiccup"s for a second but it's not too bad (and wasn't at a critical point in the show)

@msmama Will do. Enjoying some spicy fish tacos at Sunshine Seasons. Are you coming with kids? Sorry to ask as you have probably mentioned it before but there's a lot of names to keep up with

I haven't done it before, but I found enough stuff around the house to trade. I've made ODS a bag with Disney stickers, a Disney magnet, a random (teeny bit beat up) gold mickey vinylmation (that DH got when he worked at an ad agency), glow sticks, Cars swim goggles (haha!), and a small Octonauts memory game. I tried to keep it Disney themed or at least kid friendly.

yulilin3, you are killing me with all of your great videos! Thank you so much for sharing them. Just helps add to the anticipation of our trip (and maybe helps me drive my husband a little crazy with nonstop talk about it......)

Enjoy Epcot today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter