Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome shoes!

I can't actually buy anything else Star Wars related until star wars weekends. But I did get my son a Vader tee shirt to match my Vader dress. (I only thought about doing SWW in the first place to get to wear my Vader dress again after Halloween. Because it makes tons of sense to spend thousands to get to wear a $25 dress, lol).

The CM I spoke with said the parade viewing area "might be" where the motorcade comes out and then the group would follow the end of the parade to the stage. I don't know if the area she talked about has more shade maybe? Who knows. I'm sure it'll be good :-)

speaking of SW apparel... Has anyone ordered form Her universe? Everything is really cute, but I'm leery of the sizing. I usually order a 2X from the Disney store, is the sizing similar for the shirts from her universe or do they run small? Since Ashley will be there, will she have some of her merch. there? Should I just wait and pick it up the day of at the park and change somewhere?

speaking of SW apparel... Has anyone ordered form Her universe? Everything is really cute, but I'm leery of the sizing. I usually order a 2X from the Disney store, is the sizing similar for the shirts from her universe or do they run small? Since Ashley will be there, will she have some of her merch. there? Should I just wait and pick it up the day of at the park and change somewhere?
You'll be able to try on Her Universe clothing. There is a curtained dressing room in her display area. My DD thought her items ran a little small. She bought a skirt last year in a medium when she usually wears a small.

The meals that are included with the VIP pkg don't have SW characters & aren't the same as the other breakfast/dinner SW character meals, right?

You'll be able to try on Her Universe clothing. There is a curtained dressing room in her display area. My DD thought her items ran a little small. She bought a skirt last year in a medium when she usually wears a small.

Perfect! I will hold off until the day we get there. Thank you!!

The meals that are included with the VIP pkg don't have SW characters & aren't the same as the other breakfast/dinner SW character meals, right?
Correct. Only SciFi and H&V have the SW characters.

Mama Melrose will be a regular TS meal. Hollywood Brown Derby will be the breakfast setting and I don't think any characters were sent there last year for the brief breakfasts.

Me and my daughter have many items from Her Universe and sizing varies. If you can hold off it'll be best. On her site she has a sizing chart and says when items run small or junior size

I bought myself 3 shirts from her universe for Xmas and all 3 fit differently (and they are were supposedly the same style). I would say that even the biggest of the shirts I got (all 2x's) is smaller than a 2x from the disney store (though still wearable for me).

Wil be our first time. To convince my sister's the 399 is worth it is impossible I think especially the one who's not really into,ok she's never seen them,the movies.

Anyone care to make a donation to the coluk003 sww fund. A low donation of just 10dollars can make all the difference in these adults first time ;)

Thought about doing the VIP but I think we would be happier just doing FtF & having a little less structure.

The price is quite reasonable for what you get, though, IMO.

I have the vintage sheet dress in S, Darth Vader dress in M, a dolman shirt in S, & two other shirts in M. They all fit the same. :rotfl:

I do think the sizing runs small (similar to Disney) so if it's possible to wait until you arrive, I would do so.

We did the VIP tour last year during Mark Hammill weekend. It did sell out but I'm not sure about the other dates. We did star tours twice and TSM once for our rides. We also had seats (2nd-3rd row middle) for 3 shows. They didn't have the option for the Jedi training last year but I can tell you that my 10 year old would have been too tired at that point. It was really neat, but it was a long day, Especially since the shows were back to back and we had to be there by 645 am!
I should quit reading this thread since it's making me want to go back but we're going to disneyland for the 60th this summer and I can't do both!!
If you have other questions I can try to help.
Kari

i knw every year can be different but what kind of stuff does darths mall have? Pictures would get me excited too :P

The CM I spoke with said the parade viewing area "might be" where the motorcade comes out and then the group would follow the end of the parade to the stage. I don't know if the area she talked about has more shade maybe? Who knows. I'm sure it'll be good :-)

We've often stood here. It's shaded until parade time. There is only one side of the street so characters would be looking your way!

I've often ordered from her universe. Usually they'll say if it runs true to size or not. Most times I have to order a size larger.

This is the link for the Galactic Gathering LE merchandise. Some of the items are limited to the May 14 event, but most will be sold at Darth's Mall during the SW weekends. Think of Darth's Mall as a Disney Store just for Star Wars items - hats, clothes, pins, toys, fine art, vinylmations. I'm looking forward to the special SWW name badges (They change the design each year) and items from the upcoming SW VII movies.

https://www.disneynow.com/accounts/...galactic/Galactic Gathering Catalog_Final.pdf

Thought about doing the VIP but I think we would be happier just doing FtF & having a little less structure.

The price is quite reasonable for what you get, though, IMO.

I totally agree with this. We did FtF last year and thought it was a great value for the money. Plus, I enjoyed not having my entire day booked and scheduled. We will definitely do it again this year if we luck out with booking when it becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter