Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a good idea. In our case there were 3 of us and we were two up front right at the rope and 1 standing behind. but since we were up against the ropes on the right, the only person who even had a chance of leaving was my son standing 1 row behind the rope line, and truthfully, even he really couldn't leave that spot. There was no way to hold it. So if you wanted this coveted viewing section within the reserved area, there is no easy way to leave for refreshments and get back in place. Way too many people were continually crowded in around us.

We were too late to get a table and everyone tends to hold their own so sharing wasn't ideal. We stood in place and snacked around the dessert tables but it was not a comfortable scene. I am wrapping up my review of this package and to be honest, unless they make some major changes to the viewing area, I would not recommend paying that upcharge for the same experience we had. Too much money for too much hassle.

We shared tables each package we did except the Frozen Holiday one. For that one, people came and went to view the lights. There definately weren't enough tables for each party at FTF or FSF packages.

We are newbies to SWW. We will be there May 31-June6. I know NOTHING about SW. DGS, age 2, is obsessed with Bobba Fett :). I have been trying to get a ressie for one of the SW dining experiences to no avail. Are these so popular that I don't have much of a chance?

Keep checking, people cancel. Also remember you can check for each day, not just on the weekends. there was a photo op with Boba Fett (plus Darth Vader) at the breakfast, they didn't visit tables. The dinner has Disney characters dressed in Star Wars costumes.

our FTF dessert party was moved into Disney Jr. due to rain. Shared a table with a couple who were always off chasing their kids. Nothing wrong with that.

We are newbies to SWW. We will be there May 31-June6. I know NOTHING about SW. DGS, age 2, is obsessed with Bobba Fett :). I have been trying to get a ressie for one of the SW dining experiences to no avail. Are these so popular that I don't have much of a chance?
The cancellation policy on the meals are 2 days before so keep checking. If you have any other specific questions let us know

You may have better luck on a week day as well?

is the cancellation on these different than normal meals? I thought it was 24 hours prior
you're right. It's one day.
There is a 1 Day cancellation policy. $10 per person will be charged/forfeited if canceling within 1 Day or no show of the reservation.

The meal isn't the only opportunity to meet Boba Fett. He's available for a regular meet & greet on and off pretty much all day, and lines for him typically aren't that long. Just so you know that a meal isn't a must to meet him.

Oh, and also, I will likely be cancelling our Sci Fi meal on June 6th, and I'm willing to try coordinating with you.

Looks like I'm going to have to be more creative this year. I'm used to being "the runner" to get snacks or whatever while DH holds the fort with the kids. Well, this year it's just me and DS8. We will have to be more prepared. And no unscheduled bathroom breaks!

This is for anyone interested in the parade, we still don't have a time for it but here are the parade times from years past:
2005 2006 2007 11:15am
2008 2009 and 2010 11:40am
2011 and 2012 12:40pm
2013 11am
2014 11:30am
I'm thinking they'll stick to the 11:30am if they are doing the FtF package again

I'm sorry to be a pain, but where is the list? We've only had the card a short time so we're getting used to the perks. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter