Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
And somewhere, but I can't find it, it was announced that the Star Wars attractions will be based on the new films. So they might be longer down the road? I could have sworn read something about 2018, but again can't find that link either.

I've been wondering if Cameron didn't delay Avatar to give DW more time to complete Avatarland...

That is totally awesome, what a wonderful b-day present.

What are you looking for, are you looking for help to write the card that will announce the gift or the special Aurebesh font? Or both? See link for font look http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurebesh

:grouphug: I am sure this thread has plenty of SW crazed knowledgeable people that could help write something fun. :grouphug:

If you wanna post in plan English what you want the card/note to say and we can help translate it to SW themed. If you are uncomfortable about posting what you want to say, PM me and I am more than willing to help.

BUT honestly no matter how you tell him the new teenager is going to have a blast! pixiedust:

It has to start with: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
from there just build on it. Maybe explaining your sons many accomplishments or talents, or his good behavior and how that all went into consideration to give him this trip.
You can google :star wars scroll for more ideas
let us know how it went

I am looking for more of the announcement of the trip to wrap up. I really like the idea that yulilin suggested to start it with "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." I wanted to intertwine as many star wars references in the announcement as possible! Make it an exciting beginning to an awesome trip! But I lack the star wars knowledge that you all have (I'm learning i'm learning!;)) Any suggestions would be awesome!! I'm so excited to give this to him!

I am looking for more of the announcement of the trip to wrap up. I really like the idea that yulilin suggested to start it with "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." I wanted to intertwine as many star wars references in the announcement as possible! Make it an exciting beginning to an awesome trip! But I lack the star wars knowledge that you all have (I'm learning i'm learning!;)) Any suggestions would be awesome!! I'm so excited to give this to him!

So you want phrases?
May The Force Be With You
Han shot first

Your Husband can hand the announcement to your son: "_____, I Am Your Father."

That's it for me... yulilin, lovethattink and Sunrise will know many more!

Something like:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
It is a dark time for the (insert your family's name here)
After working and studying hard for a whole year they were in desperate need for an adventure
The Rebelion was calling for a special kind of family to take over their group
With careful planning, keeping in mind it would be hot and crowded the xxx family decided to join the rebellion.
Making their way from the planet of (insert city here) they will arrive at Disney's Hollywood Studios (xxx dates) to partake in the activities known as Star Wars Weekends.
After a well deserved vacation it is to be sure they can restore peace to the galaxy...
here's the program just hit editor, it's pretty simple to use http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked already.

Does anybody know if this is going to happen again this year? And if so, is it worth it? I know you get premium viewing for the motorcade and fireworks. How much better is the viewing? And also, how great/not so great is the dessert party?

Something like:
After working and studying hard for a whole year they were in desperate need for an adventure
With careful planning, keeping in mind it would be hot and crowded the xxx family decided to join the rebellion.
Making their way from the planet of (insert city here) they will arrive at Disney's Hollywood Studios (xxx dates) to partake in the activities known as Star Wars Weekends.
After a well deserved vacation it is to be sure they can restore peace to the galaxy...

:thumbsup2 Very nice, yulilin!

I know the article is old it's the UPDATE that has me excited, the announcements at SWC Anahiem :) I was hoping they would!

Fits with other comments he's made recently on these calls -- VERY COOL!!!

They have to address something soon... Heck they even did survey's of people during SWW 2013 about new star wars stuff, and what people would like to see.

I was relieved when the Norway to Arendale plans were revealed, because the worry was always that DHS could be either Star Wars or Frozen....and now if they're doing Frozen in EPCOT I feel a bit less worry about it at DHS, which leaves Star Wars as the main contender to take over a lot (if not all) of the parts of DHS that are closing up. Oh be still my heart. Let us pray.

Frozen doesn't belong in DHS, I like them moving it to Norway, it's perfect for that location.

We already have Star Tours in DHS, they already do SWW there, it only makes sense to put the new SW stuff in that area...

Now all I have to do is keep thinking "You will build a SW Cantina themed restaurant, you will build a SW Cantina themed restaurant", and it will happen, RIGHT?!

There are alot of cool other stuff I hope they do, but I really think that a cool SW themed restaurant would be an amazing addition to the lacking food choices at DHS...

Frozen doesn't belong in DHS, I like them moving it to Norway, it's perfect for that location.

Ooh... the cross licensing costuming abounds!
If you've Mickey as Jedi Mickey and Goofy as Darth Vader why not

Elsa as Leia (or Mara Jade... heh...)
Anna as... uh... Actually her character doesn't really fit - I was thinking Amidala but it doesn't work out.

Of course Olaf as Jar Jar Binks... :rotfl:

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked already.

Does anybody know if this is going to happen again this year? And if so, is it worth it? I know you get premium viewing for the motorcade and fireworks. How much better is the viewing? And also, how great/not so great is the dessert party?

It hasn't been announced yet, last year it wasn't announced until April but I'm expecting an announcement in February for this year.
The parade viewing is about the same as if you sit on the shady side of the street. The only difference is that to be able to hold a spot on the shady side you have to grab it at least 2 hours before the parade. For the package you can secure a spot by the rope if you line up an hour before.
The dessert party is great, if you drink alcohol there's unlimited drinks, the atmosphere is great as you are right next to the Dj on the stage. The fireworks view is better in other spots though (further away from GMR) but I liked the feel of the dessert party

We are counting down the days until we are there. I have us scheduled for the breakfast on May 29th and Dinner on June 6th. The only way that I could convince my husband that we needed 10 days, was to point out that we'd be there for 2 SWW.

Something like:
here's the program just hit editor, it's pretty simple to use http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! This sounds exactly like what I was trying to think of! Thank you both for your suggestions! This thread has helped tremendously! I actually printed up the first page for my DS so he can pick and choose what he wants to focus on while we are there! THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! This sounds exactly like what I was trying to think of! Thank you both for your suggestions! This thread has helped tremendously! I actually printed up the first page for my DS so he can pick and choose what he wants to focus on while we are there! THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL!!!

You're welcome. Make sure to check the first page often. It's very empty right now and most of the info was from last year. As soon as we get more information I keep it up to date.
Now I'm gonna ask a favor from you:
Watch the movies!! ::yes:: :yoda::darth:

Something like:

Yulilin that was GREAT!

Sorry if I missed this, what weekends are you going?

I've been wondering if Cameron didn't delay Avatar to give DW more time to complete Avatarland...

I haven't been following any of the Avatar stuff. I liked the movie, wasn't a huge fan. I'm interested to see how Avartarland turns out though.

I know the article is old it's the UPDATE that has me excited, the announcements at SWC Anahiem :) I was hoping they would!

They have to address something soon... Heck they even did survey's of people during SWW 2013 about new star wars stuff, and what people would like to see.

We already have Star Tours in DHS, they already do SWW there, it only makes sense to put the new SW stuff in that area...

Now all I have to do is keep thinking "You will build a SW Cantina themed restaurant, you will build a SW Cantina themed restaurant", and it will happen, RIGHT?!

There are alot of cool other stuff I hope they do, but I really think that a cool SW themed restaurant would be an amazing addition to the lacking food choices at DHS...

I hope there is some kind of official announcement soon!

I feel opposite of you. I feel that Frozen belongs at DHS because it's a movie that will be a classic like Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, etc. I do not believe it belongs in Norway at Epcot because Arendelle is a fictional place only inspired by Norway. But I guarantee you that my family will be checking it out and I'm sure we'll like the new attraction and area.

Something like: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... It is a dark time for the (insert your family's name here) After working and studying hard for a whole year they were in desperate need for an adventure The Rebelion was calling for a special kind of family to take over their group With careful planning, keeping in mind it would be hot and crowded the xxx family decided to join the rebellion. Making their way from the planet of (insert city here) they will arrive at Disney's Hollywood Studios (xxx dates) to partake in the activities known as Star Wars Weekends. After a well deserved vacation it is to be sure they can restore peace to the galaxy... here's the program just hit editor, it's pretty simple to use http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator

That's pretty awesome.
We will be there May 21-25. I just happen to have a conference at WDW weekend. ☺️. It will just be myself, DH, and DS who will be 18 months old at the time. Leaving all the others at home since I do have to do a little work. They aren't very happy with me about it, but that just means O cam talk DH into taking a family trip during SWW. We have the galactic breakfast and the Jedi dinner booked. So excited. Went two years ago when I had a conference there and had a great time!

We will be there the 31st too! I think we may actually head over on the 30th after we get in as well, just to see what it's all about if nothing else. :-) was originally going to go to MK on the 30th since they have evening EMH, but we'd be completely exhausted for rope drop the next day at HS. We're leaving on the 5th, so not planning to go to a park that day...

Yes, originally we were going to hop over to MK in the evening on the 30th so now I'll just see how we feel and whether we go to DHS or MK on the 30th. I think my plan is to stay about an hour away where I have a friend so I can visit with her the night before or for breakfast as our littles are around the same age and I haven't met her 1 year old twins so I would just rather not have to rush off on the 30th.

Are you doing the Half? It's a great race. I did it in 2013. I'll be cheering this year from the Boardwalk

I'll be running the 5K and 10K. I kind of wish I'd signed up for the half, but hadn't run at all when registering so it was too intimidating to me then. Hindsight is 20/20 right? And it leaves something else to work towards! (Aka, another excuse for a trip to Disney!)

Koh1977 and lovingerie - we will be there all day on May 31 as well! Doing both meals, and hoping to do FTF, so maybe we'll see you there :)

Yay! If you guys see me, say hi. I have long, curly, red hair and a family of boys. You can't miss me!

I've always thought they could do both.
Pixar would be over by TSMM, taking that whole street all the way to streets of America
Star Wars would be the entire street starting with Superstar Television theater all the way down to ST and even using the area where Pizza Planet is and maybe some areas around Streets of America

I would ideally love to see Pixar expanded too. I think there's so much they could do with that brand. But Star Wars would be a huge draw and obviously fits with the park. It would be a huge boost and totally revitalize DHS I think.

The Jedi Force Is Strong! (Now I have "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in my head!)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654

For everyone who has been recently posting their SWW dates, please post on the SWW Roll Call and I'll add you to the List!

Info regarding DISmeets with yulilin is included in the first post.

***Just a heads-up: if you are using a DIS avatar from the DIS library of avatars, they won't carry-over to the new formatted Boards. If you have a custom avatar, it will show up on the new Boards. You may want to switch to a custom avatar before Saturday night.

The Jedi Force Is Strong! (Now I have "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in my head!)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654

For everyone who has been recently posting their SWW dates, please post on the SWW Roll Call and I'll add you to the List!

Info regarding DISmeets with yulilin is included in the first post.

***Just a heads-up: if you are using a DIS avatar from the DIS library of avatars, they won't carry-over to the new formatted Boards. If you have a custom avatar, it will show up on the new Boards. You may want to switch to a custom avatar before Saturday night.

great, now to figure out how to do that
EDIT: hey I did it. That wasn't hard ;)

I'm trying to plan, but want to be sure of this answer - at least for last year. Was the only way to have a picture with Ewok Chip and Dale by having the H&V Star Wars Meal or were they available in another place in the park for Photopass Pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter