Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for Jedi Mickeys dinner do you guys think the fantastic portion of it is worth it? Or just the regular portion

Skip the Fantasmic package. You'll want to watch the fireworks and then go to the 2nd Fant. The Fant Dining Package is only for the first Fantasmic which doesn't give you time to find a great spot for fireworks.

Skip the Fantasmic package. You'll want to watch the fireworks and then go to the 2nd Fant. The Fant Dining Package is only for the first Fantasmic which doesn't give you time to find a great spot for fireworks.

okie dokie sounds perfect to me!

I got these:

61W3HSXhVOL._UY679_.jpg

gonna look awesome :D

Glad to be back & see so many familiar DISers. I enjoyed meeting a few of you last year at SWW. So I survived back to school & the holidays so now it's on to more important matters planning/daydreaming about our annual SWW trip... Sorry if this has been discussed already but do you guys think the FTF package will reappear and if it does will you be doing it again? Although I thoroughly enjoyed it, I am thinking it would have to offer at least something new for me to repeat.

I would do it again more for the parade portion then the fireworks. We did the VIP Star Wars tour last year and it was amazing. I'm hoping they do this again with a little more added to it. It's so hard waiting for all the info to be released. All my ADRs are booked and my trip if paid in full. Lots of people posted that the Boardwalk was the best place to stay for Star Wars weekend so we booked there. Now it's a matter of sitting and waiting for the next release of info. I like that we have this thread to help get us by.

Hi, just noticed we are coming tentatively for the IV weekend (June 6-10) and this corresponds to Gay / Friendship days. My family is very open and ok with that. BUT Does this have a huge impact on crowds as the 2 events are there at once? Hoping some schools will still be in snow days, etc... may help crowds ty!!

Hi, just noticed we are coming tentatively for the IV weekend (June 6-10) and this corresponds to Gay / Friendship days. My family is very open and ok with that. BUT Does this have a huge impact on crowds as the 2 events are there at once? Hoping some schools will still be in snow days, etc... may help crowds ty!!

Based on the threads on this over the years, my takeaway has been that there is little if any impact on crowds -- especially outside of MK.

Based on the threads on this over the years, my takeaway has been that there is little if any impact on crowds -- especially outside of MK.

Just a normal, crowded SWW day, aside from the annoying plane that flies over all day long with the intolerant sign "warning Gay Days is 6/6 at Disney"
Just and FYI schools here in Orange Co (orlando) get out on June 3rd.

They have a website (gaydays.com) so I checked on their scheduled/suggested park days....they're doing DHS on Friday June 5, MK on Saturday June 6 and EPCOT on June 7.

I've not really noticed an increase in crowds in the parks. Not even really big groups wandering around together, certainly not anything like the "tour groups"....usually it's just families together. You can really only tell the group by the logo on some of their red shirts (and the increase in red shirts, lol). There is sometimes hand holding and other displays of affection, but I see worse with teens in the parks, so unless you are homophobic it's not likely to be something you even notice, you'll be having too much fun with your own family in the parks.

Orange County schools get out June 3 and 4...and there aren't a lot of snow days in Florida (though there could be some hurricane days I suppose). Also, Resident Seasonal passes start their summer black out on June 8....so that weekend may have more locals than usual since it is their last weekend.

Crowd wise it's going to be big no matter what....it's Star Wars Weekends! Last year that was the weekend that Mark Hamil appeared, so it was even more so. No word yet on who is appearing on any of the days yet, but the popularity of the guests definitely has an impact on the crowds.

My suggestion....just go with the mindset that it's SWW, it's going to be hot, it's going to be crowded, it's going to be expensive, you'll have lots of standing in lines......but it is STAR WARS WEEKEND and you're have a BLAST!

I got these:

Nice! That will be great with photos with Chewie, Darth and Maul! But after that,
you may want to check to see where lockers are located. I think they are near the front of the park. You'll probably want to stash the costume by mid-morning and then retrieve it before your dinner.

I got these:

61W3HSXhVOL._UY679_.jpg

I agree, you will look awesome but you will need a locker! ;) The locker area is near the stroller rental area at the front entrance. You'll look great with Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie at the Dinner!!

<3 you guys are so awesome I'm hoping some of you are coming when I go! I would love to meet my fellow DISers/Jedi :p

We're down the week before, and May 15th is the only date we'll have to hit up HS and experience SWW. It's the first day, of course, so I'm sure it'll be lunacy.

I've been trying for weeks to get reservations for the Sci-Fi breakfast. Based on past years, do folks more experienced with SWW think that there's a shot?

We're down the week before, and May 15th is the only date we'll have to hit up HS and experience SWW. It's the first day, of course, so I'm sure it'll be lunacy.

I've been trying for weeks to get reservations for the Sci-Fi breakfast. Based on past years, do folks more experienced with SWW think that there's a shot?

The best thing to do is Subscribe to the May Dining Cancelation Thread. Also keep looking as it gets closer to the 45-day mark as people can cancel resort reservations without penalty up until that day - many may have reservations just as placeholders.

Also try up until the night before and first thing in the morning of the 15th. SciFi, even for a regular meal is difficult to find. Last February, I had reservations for Prime Time but kept searching for SciFi. At midnight, I found the SciFi reservation I needed, canceled Prime Time, and booked SciFi.

alayne & southernfriedmom

It's REALLY good to see you both again this year out on the boards, when are you folks going? Hoping to see you again in person!

BF and I will be there May 14th through May 25th (weekends 1 and 2)

The best thing to do is Subscribe to the May Dining Cancelation Thread. Also keep looking as it gets closer to the 45-day mark as people can cancel resort reservations without penalty up until that day - many may have reservations just as placeholders.

Also try up until the night before and first thing in the morning of the 15th. SciFi, even for a regular meal is difficult to find. Last February, I had reservations for Prime Time but kept searching for SciFi. At midnight, I found the SciFi reservation I needed, canceled Prime Time, and booked SciFi.

Thank you, you answered my question. I had made a reservation for 7 on the phone for the Sci-Fi Breakfast for June 5th. I had done alot of ADRs for a two week stay. Well after I got off the phone, I checked my MDE and it was only for 5! So I called back to add the other two on and they had nothing, even for two!!! So I will be stalking and praying to add the two!!!

... Our aspirations of marching in our Storm Troopers this year have come to an end, we still haven't received all the piece of the armor to put it all together (been 8 months since we originally ordered, never would have dreamed it would take this long).

After talking with some of our more experienced armor assemblers this weekend we made the decision to not rush building the armor and just march in our Imperial Officers this year. My BF might get to march in his Darth Revan if they allow EU/legendary's in the parade, I however will never get to march with Mara Jade.

Any how... thought I would spread the word. I will be posting pictures of my progress for the officers uniforms on my Cosplay FB page, and when we submit them for approval I'll post that pic out here too.

If you are interested in following progress just like my FB page I have in my signature.

We also just booked our flights with SW for the trip :) just looking for some car rental deals because with us being there 11 days, staying all the way out at AKL and going over to universal too we are going to get a car. So if anyone hears of a good discount, please let me know.

Sunrise - Firefly Car Rental is in the Terminal and it was recently discussed on the DISPodcast as having very low rates.

Also check the Transportation Board because discount codes for all the major companies are posted there. I joined the Alamo Insider for discounts and Alamo/Enterprise/National keep dropping rates the closer it gets to your travel dates. I always book the best rate I can find and if something better comes along, I'll just re-book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter