Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked - I saw that there is a SW parade during SWW - just wondering if the parade is SW themed all week or just on the weekends. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Sorry if this has been asked - I saw that there is a SW parade during SWW - just wondering if the parade is SW themed all week or just on the weekends. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Just the weekends of SWW. No parade other days.

Thank you all so much for the great advice on this thread. It's our first SWW. My DS4 is obsessed and his little brother (2) is quickly becoming a fan. I've enjoyed reading and picking up tips and tricks to navigate. We will be there opening weekend, Friday and Saturday. Super excited! :yay:

We arrive at Disney on May 16th and will be able to hit a park at around 4pm. We thought it would be great to go to Hollywood Studios for SWW. Are we crazy to attempt SWW that late? What will we be able to see at that time? I am sure autographs will be impossible but we thought the whole feel of the park would be awesome. Hopefully they will have the fireworks. Should I try to FP+ anything or will our late arrival make it impossible. Thanks for any and all advice you can offer.:darth::ewok::chewy::yoda:

I'm missing SWW by a week, I'm arriving the 18th. :( Unless they extend them like they did last year.

With a new movie coming out, just got a gut feeling this year might get kicked up a notch :confused3, We will be at the last week, out of all the weeks this falls on Father's Day weekend, nothing like posing with Darth Vader and saying to my son , Hunter I am your Father:rotfl:

We arrive at Disney on May 16th and will be able to hit a park at around 4pm. We thought it would be great to go to Hollywood Studios for SWW. Are we crazy to attempt SWW that late? What will we be able to see at that time? I am sure autographs will be impossible but we thought the whole feel of the park would be awesome. Hopefully they will have the fireworks. Should I try to FP+ anything or will our late arrival make it impossible. Thanks for any and all advice you can offer.:darth::ewok::chewy::yoda:

IMO a late arrival to the park are the perfect use of FP+s -- it's where they excel. (IMO)

Do you have the ability to book fp early? If so you may be able to pick a fp for one of the SWW shows and then 2 other rides/attractions.
You will def. not be able to get an autograph for a celebrity but you could still meet some characters and walk around and enjoy the general SWW feel. I'm almost 100% that there will be fireworks again this year as well
I'm missing SWW by a week, I'm arriving the 18th. :( Unless they extend them like they did last year.
Hey, 6 weekends is better than 5 :love:

Yes, I can book FP+ at 60 days out. We will have to go through the different shows and pick one. I am really excited now!! :goodvibes Thanks!

Yes, I can book FP+ at 60 days out. We will have to go through the different shows and pick one. I am really excited now!! :goodvibes Thanks!

See last years schedule (link on the first post) and it will show you the times from last year.
:thumbsup2

Last year, guests who were persistent received their Chase Disney Visa 10% discount at H&V. No discounts for SciFi are ever offered.

That is good to know. I haven't viewed the list of discount restaurants for a while and didn't know H&V was on the list. I will have to push and see if we can get the discount. Thanks

Does anyone remember when they started allowing the FP for the shows? I know we are already "late" knowing who's coming, sigh.

Does anyone remember when they started allowing the FP for the shows? I know we are already "late" knowing who's coming, sigh.

It was around/after May 1st. I have the Notes in my iPad when I pulled all the showtimes off of the Events pages even though FP hadn't yet opened, they were listed on the page as being available.

It was around/after May 1st. I have the Notes in my iPad when I pulled all the showtimes off of the Events pages even though FP hadn't yet opened, they were listed on the page as being available.

It was 5/5/14. I made a note in last years thread.
I'm thinking they'll wait until AP with no on site reservation can book. So 30 days ahead of the first weekend. I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter