Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have successfully handed off 10 of the 12 Frank Oz FP+s that I was holding onto. I have two left for the 14th, as one DISer managed to pick some up on his own. I also have two SotS for that day. If I don't get any takers by this afternoon, I'm going to release them into the wild since we leave for our trip tomorrow. PM me if interested, but you have to be able to coordinate the drop/pickup in the next 5 hours or so.
We leave tomorrow, too!! 1/2 day of work still to get through. You staying on site or off? We're in a pool home.

The funniest thing happened during the graduation ceremony. You know how they give kids awards for various things. My ex-husband was recording the ones we thought Steph would get, when they announced Perfect Attendance I told him "No need to record this part because she took Friday off to attend the first SWW with me...lo and behold they called her name, she was shocked :) I guess the Force is Strong with Us :D
Those weren't the absences they were looking for.

SWW - the two meals, and the dessert party
DW - everything :=)

first time in new fantasyland.
first time with the new PP queue
first time to see gaston, whoo hooo
first time for evertthing for the inlaws
Gaston is awesome!! I still haven't been in the new PP queue, I have a list of things to do after SWW is over, we usually don't step foot inside DHS for at least a month ;)

Seeing my kids' faces! First time at Disney for them. I think the Galactic Breakfast is going to be a favorite. :)
I sometimes think people think I'm a creepier but I like hanging around meet and greets just to see people's reaction...nothing like seeing little faces light up, or better yet, a teenager get all excited cause they met Luke Skywalker :)

Can't seem to stop tweaking my plans... could use some opinions... I have two RH reservations (4:05 & 8:05) and trying to decide which to keep. From posts I've read, I think we'd have to go with the earlier if we wanted to see any characters. If we do the 4:05 one, we'd have lunch at Mama Melrose's at 2:25 and probably just stop in RH for quick drinks, since we have FP+ for Oz & VttM shows. I think the later time will be less rushed, but worried about the no character aspect that late...

And our little thread has gone silent. Any weekend V people around? What are you most excited about?
I think the fans are re-charging for the upcoming weekend
I'm back in Oregon, still learning & making notes through all your updates.

Can't seem to stop tweaking my plans... could use some opinions... I have two RH reservations (4:05 & 8:05) and trying to decide which to keep. From posts I've read, I think we'd have to go with the earlier if we wanted to see any characters. If we do the 4:05 one, we'd have lunch at Mama Melrose's at 2:25 and probably just stop in RH for quick drinks, since we have FP+ for Oz & VttM shows. I think the later time will be less rushed, but worried about the no character aspect that late...
that's a toughie...it sounds like no characters come out that late in the evening, but you will be more rushed with the early one. At that time (4:05) you'll probably see the cantina band and maybe a Jawa.

And our little thread has gone silent. Any weekend V people around? What are you most excited about?

I was thinking the same thing.

The tailor called, and my son's costume has been weatherized. I'm excited to pick it up tonight.

I'm excited for DS to see Ezra and Sabine in his Ezra costume. I got to see them at the Star Wars Half Marathon, and he was disappointed that he didn't. If I could get a pic of DS in costume with E&S, that would be awesome.

Where did you get this done? Sorry for my ignorance.
The link @yulilin3 posted has the details, but it was in Darth's Mall in the X-wing Collectibles store. I did it during the Galactic Gathering and had an appointment, but walked up about an hour early and got right in. It took about 10 minutes. You put on a headband to hold your hair out of your face, then they take composite pictures of your face making different faces (smiling, serious, fierce, etc). Then you step out and look at the pictures. Some people went back and took more, but I liked mine fine, so I picked a face. Then you can pick your hair color and style. That was the only part I was disappointed in - there weren't that many hair styles available, at least not for women. I got the braid and there was one with a bun and maybe one with a short style. The one I got was just over $100. There was a much bigger one for $1000.

I was thinking the same thing.

The tailor called, and my son's costume has been weatherized. I'm excited to pick it up tonight.

I'm excited for DS to see Ezra and Sabine in his Ezra costume. I got to see them at the Star Wars Half Marathon, and he was disappointed that he didn't. If I could get a pic of DS in costume with E&S, that would be awesome.
it would be fun to get your sons Ezra with my daughter's Sabine...what day(s) are you coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter