• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about t-shirts.... Yesterday, I stopped in Kohls and in the boys clearance section they had 6 different SW designs! I got 3 shirts at $1.80 each and 1 for $3.40!!!! :cool1: $1.80 y'all!!!!!!:jumping3:

See as I mentioned yesterday, I got my two for $7.20 each at target marked down from $15 each. All I cared about is that looked cool, light fabric since it's going to be 90 on Sunday and did I say cool. If you missed it, here is my Sunday t-shirt.

upload_2015-5-29_8-35-52.jpeg

Good news for those looking the the steins!! If they have them everywhere then they have a full stock and will hopefully last for the next 3 weekends or else it would be more exclusive

I'm over at Poly and will be here until the 4th, if someone would be so kind as to pick me up a stein we can meet up tomorrow so I can get it I would really appreciate it. This way I wouldn't have to worry about it on Sunday. And did I say please.

Fyi anyone looking for a stein they have they at the little booth to the right at the entrance to the park most people don't seem to know they are there

If you are there now, would you mind picking me up one and we can set up a delivery and drop off time sometime tomorrow maybe :) :)

I'm over at Poly and will be here until the 4th, if someone would be so kind as to pick me up a stein we can meet up tomorrow so I can get it I would really appreciate it. This way I wouldn't have to worry about it on Sunday. And did I say please.
I really don't think you'll have a problem. Once they are in wide circulation it means they will have enough. This happened with the Stormtrooper Steins last year

@animalkingdom15 ~ I saw your shirt! Love it! What a great deal!!! I figure, I'm going to surprise my son with these shirts on the trip and then I won't have to pay extra in the park for shirts :) You know, more money for Boba Fett steins and light sabers! :rolleyes1

Ok what makes the most sense food wise when you consider crowds 2qs or 1ts and a 1qs meal? We were just gonna wing it since we will be lacking in the ddp credit area. But now I'm reading there is long waits and little available seating for qs locations. I don't want to spend a lot oop for food but I don't wanna have to be stressed out about long lines and no place to sit while eating! Any advice is appreciated! TIA!
We ate at Pizza Planet on Saturday maybe 12:30ish. It was definitely crowded, but I found a table with the kids while DH got in line to order. He waited probably half an hour. The line was continuously filling in behind him, but it probably stayed around a half hour wait. I was actually pretty surprised at how quickly they were moving it. We sat on the main floor, and they were getting tables cleaned off pretty quickly, too. All in all, it took us about an hour to eat. I didn't think that was too bad considering prime lunch time on a Saturday during a special event.

I really don't think you'll have a problem. Once they are in wide circulation it means they will have enough. This happened with the Stormtrooper Steins last year

Great and thanks. Since I have a 825 breakfast reservation, do you think there would be time to pick one up prior to getting breakfast.

@animalkingdom15 ~ I saw your shirt! Love it! What a great deal!!! I figure, I'm going to surprise my son with these shirts on the trip and then I won't have to pay extra in the park for shirts :) You know, more money for Boba Fett steins and light sabers! :rolleyes1

I want the Boba Fett stein so bad. I hope their still available Sunday, oh and a cool looking SW ball cap.

We ate at Pizza Planet on Saturday maybe 12:30ish. It was definitely crowded, but I found a table with the kids while DH got in line to order. He waited probably half an hour. The line was continuously filling in behind him, but it probably stayed around a half hour wait. I was actually pretty surprised at how quickly they were moving it. We sat on the main floor, and they were getting tables cleaned off pretty quickly, too. All in all, it took us about an hour to eat. I didn't think that was too bad considering prime lunch time on a Saturday during a special event.
that's really fast for Pizza Planet. It's such a small space for everyone. I'm glad they were on their toes and ready to go. You will never see more managers actually doing the dirty work than during SWW. They come out in force and really help out

Seeing all the fun everyone seems to be having is making me jealous, but I know my time will come. Until this sinus issue, allergy, migraine, whatever it is goes away today it will be resting in the room. I really didn't have anything I wanted to do at MK until 245 today anyways, so my plans aren't ruined by this yet.

Last edited:
That's the one thing I really dislike about Disney. They sell all these awesome clothes and you buy them and then get home and realize that there's really no appropriate place to wear a rhinestone snow white shirt!?!?!
I always think that when I put on my funny Woot! shirts. I love them, so I wear them anyway...after all I did buy them for ME! Usually no one gets it, sometimes asking what it is. Once in a while I meet a fellow nerd who is like "oh haha, Sauron's eye is looking for it's contact" or whatever. It makes it feel like a fun secret that no one else cares, but I know how awesome...no EPIC my shirt is. Haha!

Can you get a signed card from Vader and fett?
Be sure to ask while AT breakfast. We were unable to get one after the fact.

Photo overload :) Very glad we had pre-purchased memory maker. Our camera never turned up.
I absolutely loved how every single character really took the time to interact with not only our DS (check out his shirts- he picked the designs out himself) but out DD too. I loved the interaction with Darth Maul. He didn't break character per se but he definitely spent some time with her after I told him she's not afraid of him. I love the one of Chewie playing with her.
Also posted some from MK because I loved the princess interaction, too :)
Adorable! I am so sorry your camera never turned up, but I am glad it looks like you were still able to capture a lot of great memories!

Strokes chin... Hmmmm... It's not Lucas per se but whomever is heading up the Lucas branch now.

Mixing the brands is a good thing for marketing plus you unify the Disney brand altogether. There's only one reason you don't mix the brands... When you plan on selling them...

In any event I'm glad I got the Bean Bunny Ewok when I did... :)
I don't think that at all. Lucas does still have a voice, and we all know how...specific that voice can be. I think they want to keep it separate because it is, really, an entirely different "world". I would feel confident in a guess that most SW fans do not care about Disney. In fact, when Disney bought the franchise, many SW fans were horrified at what might come. I think Disney is trying to protect their investment, also a wise business plan. I see nothing wrong with not mixing the two. To be fair, I also don't see anything wrong with having the core Disney guys dressed up for a special event. They do it in a respectful, not silly, manner. I also think it is a more comfortable m&g opportunity for some kids, but I suppose that is not the point of SWW. It is presumably for more invested fans. And maybe Disney thinks "true" SWWeekenders probably primarily care about "actual" characters. For us, we only did the dinner for ODS who loves anything SW. DH and I couldn't have cared less about Jedi Mickey. Fun, bet nothing we would ever wait for. Nothing against adults who love the Disney guys. We just don't.

I always think that when I put on my funny Woot! shirts. I love them, so I wear them anyway...after all I did buy them for ME! Usually no one gets it, sometimes asking what it is. Once in a while I meet a fellow nerd who is like "oh haha, Sauron's eye is looking for it's contact" or whatever. It makes it feel like a fun secret that no one else cares, but I know how awesome...no EPIC my shirt is. Haha!

Be sure to ask while AT breakfast. We were unable to get one after the fact.

Adorable! I am so sorry your camera never turned up, but I am glad it looks like you were still able to capture a lot of great memories!

I don't think that at all. Lucas does still have a voice, and we all know how...specific that voice can be. I think they want to keep it separate because it is, really, an entirely different "world". I would feel confident in a guess that most SW fans do not care about Disney. In fact, when Disney bought the franchise, many SW fans were horrified at what might come. I think Disney is trying to protect their investment, also a wise business plan. I see nothing wrong with not mixing the two. To be fair, I also don't see anything wrong with having the core Disney guys dressed up for a special event. They do it in a respectful, not silly, manner. I also think it is a more comfortable m&g opportunity for some kids, but I suppose that is not the point of SWW. It is presumably for more invested fans. And maybe Disney thinks "true" SWWeekenders probably primarily care about "actual" characters. For us, we only did the dinner for ODS who loves anything SW. DH and I couldn't have cared less about Jedi Mickey. Fun, bet nothing we would ever wait for. Nothing against adults who love the Disney guys. We just don't.

As an invested fan, I disagree that sww are for more invested sw fans. But I can't claim to have any idea what motivates this decision.

as a matter of fact. Same questions for everyone who's still around and have been to SWW this year.
Favorite and least favorite thing about SWW....I wanna know :D
The fireworks were amazing! Definitely my favorite nighttime show I've seen at any of the Disneys. I also really liked RH. Being unsure of what to expect weekend 1, it was great!

I was a bit disappointed by unique Mall merch. I didn't see anything that I wanted for myself. I liked some of the HU stuff, but I can get that on her website. Plus, I noticed a lot of the merch was located in other stores around HS. However, my true least favorite part was...leaving! I envy locals who can go at a more leisurely pace. I tried to take in all of ODS's reactions, but it gets so hard when trying to get the pictures, keep moving to get it all in, and we went all three days! It would be great to have it spread out, even over two weekends would help. Yet another reason I'm thinking of a trip for just the two of us in 2017. Lots of time to think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter