Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice. I'm a guy so I do what most guys do and just go to Walmart and Target and buy them. Here are the two that I got for $7.20 each. The first one (dark blue is the plain one, but I really like the 2nd one (light blue one) with all the various vehicles and ships on it. I bought the light blue one for Sunday and the dark blue one just in case I go back to HS during Mon-Thur of next week. What do you guys think?

View attachment 99582

View attachment 99584
You should get the Red Millennium Falcon Shirt and join the Red Shirt Squadron!

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-red-shirt-squadron-invade-star-wars-celebration

http://heyevent.com/event/5t2gz67q64x76a/red-shirt-squadron

starting to make my list of things I need to do for SWW III
Deliver some goodies to DISers
Sit down by the Luke/Leia meet and figure out if there's a schedule for R2D2 and C3PO
Anything else you guys want me to check? I was thinking of maybe making a video of the items still available at Darth's Mall on Sunday so people coming weekends IV and V have something to look forward to, merchandise-wise?

I hope they have the lightsabers back in, but since we don't eat until weekend V I doubt it. Really hope I can get a Boba Fett Stein on either Friday I'm there. Sigh

@Cynister @TXMemaw

I hope you both had an awesome time at SWW and are still enjoying your time in the world!!! When you catch your breath, I would very much appreciate hearing about your VIP experience and what you thought about it.

If you already posted about it, I apologize for missing it.

Thank you.

We had a wonderful trip! Still trying to get caught up here in the real world since our trip ended up lasting an extra day due to our flight being cancelled because of the flooding in Houston on Monday evening.

One thing that I will reiterate that has been mentioned on here many, many times is to HYDRATE!!! It was so hot and humid there this weekend. I live in far west Texas in the desert, probably the only spot in the state not flooding this week, and we are just not used to the humidity. Combined with the temperatures (and heat index), it was HOT and we were drinking lots and lots of water but I still managed to get dehydrated on Saturday.

The VIP Tour was great! We were only there for the long, holiday weekend so this allowed us to see so much more at SWW than if we had tried to do it on our own. It was a long day since we had to be there at 6:45 am but both my husband and I agree that this tour was worth the money. We saw Darth Vadar before heading into the Mall to shop. Then we had breakfast at the Hollywood Brown Derby (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, potatoes, sweet rolls) before heading out with our guide to the rides. We rode Star Tours twice, Toy Story Midway Mania once, and Rockin' Roller Coaster once. We didn't do the Tower of Terror since we had done Star Tours twice and our guide was afraid we would be cutting it too close to make it to the parade viewing area in time. It was hot in the parade viewing area but they brought out umbrellas for us to share while we waited and we had all the water, soft drinks, Mickey bars, strawberry ice cream popsicles and popcorn that we wanted. After the parade, we headed to lunch at Mama Melrose's. Our lunch came out very quickly (since you preordered during breakfast) so we had about 45 minutes to ourselves before we had to head over for our first show. We had front row seats for both the StarWars Rebels Show and the Stars of the Saga. They did tell us that we would be seated in those same seats for the other two shows that day, Ewok Tale and Obi-Wan and Beyond, but we were so worn out from the heat and humidity that we went back to our resort for a nap and didn't attend those two shows. We were back by 8 pm for the Dessert Party and they let us in right at 8:30. It was not crowded at all and in fact, there were a few tables that remained empty all evening. It was a great vantage point for watching the show before the fireworks. The stage does block some of the view of the fireworks, but we had a table towards the back and I think that we saw most of them. Compared to the massive crowds that were watching from other areas, we were very fortunate as we could move around instead of being in one huge mass. Everyone was great and I don't think that you will be disappointed since the tour does allow you to do so much more than you would be able to do on your own in one day. The tour guides go out of their way to make sure that everything is going well and they even have frozen towels for you when you are waiting for the parade and the shows to help cool you down.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer. Everyone on this board has been so helpful and our SWW wouldn't not have been such a success without the amazing information that I found here! Thanks to everyone here but especially @yulilin3 for starting this thread and keeping it so up to date. I was going to try to come by to thank you personally on Saturday night before the fireworks but when we got out of Fantasmic, the crowds were insane (I know that you all had warned us of this but I didn't really understand the amount of people that would be crammed into that area until I was there myself) and there was no way to get to your spot at that point.

Sit down by the Luke/Leia meet and figure out if there's a schedule for R2D2 and C3PO
Anything else you guys want me to check? I was thinking of maybe making a video of the items still available at Darth's Mall on Sunday so people coming weekends IV and V have something to look forward to, merchandise-wise?
You are amazing @yulilin3 you really are

Thank you for all you do, @yulilin3. I wish I could go back to Florida and do another SWW just so my DS5 could meet R2D2. We tried on two different days but couldn't get the timing right. -_-

My experiences recap:

We were at Weekend II, or the DISsers Strike Back.

We had 4 people in my party, myself, my BF and my BF's mom and sister.

Our plans:

Friday May 22: 24 hour party
Saturday May 23: SWW in the afternoon and Mickey's H&V ADR at 8:35 pm
Sunday May 24: SWW all day, Rebel Hangar ADR at 6:45 pm
Monday May 25: no SW events
Tuesday May 26: Sci Fi breakfast 8 am, Rebel Hanger 6:30 pm

We attended the 24 hour party on Friday, so our first SWW experience was Saturday afternoon after we finally woke up. I'd done FP+ for TSMM, An Ewok's Tale and the Obi Wan show.

We missed our TSMM FP, but arrived at the park in time to get in line for An Ewok's Tale. We walked up to the theater after people had already been let in and had to sit in the way back (not the bleachers, just the back of the actual stands). I still felt it was a very good view. I thought the screens were big enough to see and I could still see the stage very well. We had seen the show last year (and I had been picked for Hermione) but it was still very enjoyable this year. There were some new pictures and stories in the show and I really liked the digital background for the stage.

After that we got some drinks from the pop up bar that is very close to the stage area. I got the green one and thought it was pretty good. We waited at the TOT gates to see if Characterpalooza would happen and it did! We were let in around 6:10 and there were only 2 characters, Tiana and Jasmine. We still had a great time though!

We lined up early for the Obi Wan show and were only about 5 rows back. We all really enjoyed the polls that were played to entertain people. The audience really got into the questions at some points and would cheer or groan when the results changed.

Once again, the Obi Wan show was great! JAT is such a personality. I was unsure if I'd like the show as much a second time, but I really enjoyed it again.

After that we wandered around and enjoyed the atmosphere until it was time to check into our H&V reservation. At that point I took Stephanie (my BF's sister) and we ran over to meet @yulilin3 and her daughter. I had to get a pic with her great Sabine costume. There was another DISser there too who I'm sorry to say I didn't catch the name of. I was too busy rambling on with excitement.

We were let into the restaurant right on time. We waited in a few minute line to get our picture with Mickey. I actually liked getting a picture with the chipwoks better last year. That way they got to play off each other (as opposed to meeting separately in the restaurant this year), and I thought it made for a cuter pic.

Food: I thought the food here was excellent, but I also loved it last year. I was just sad that I didn't have too much of an appetite so I only got 2 plates and a sampling of the cupcakes for dessert.

Characters: They were all very good here. We got some good interactions and Brian's mom missed a few while she was in the restroom but the character manager was sure to send them back over.

Atmosphere: Eh...I mean, it still looks like H&V with some paper banners tossed around some poles.

Extras: We had one of the latest reservations just like we had the year before. We never felt rushed and I like having a late reservation, I feel like we get more character time. Plus at the end of the night the characters line up together for pics.

Conclusion: I enjoyed the meal but just didn't feel like I ate enough to justify the cost. We may skip this next year in favor of one of the packages. With that said, I still feel its worth it if you've never done it.

After we were done the fireworks were over so we casually walked over to the second Fantasmic showing and were able to walk right in and get great seats about 10 rows back.

I'll start on Sunday in my next post.

That's why I bought two Star Wars t-shirts at a local store before coming here. I spent less than $20 on both and if they only get a little use after this trip oh well.
Sheesh! Is there no fun where you people live? Lol

Frankly I collect Disney shirts and they power my runs and workouts with happy mojo. I don't always wear them at the parks where there is plenty of Disney mojo. Before I moved, they became my motivation and my pixie dust. I wore them more outside of the parks...

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a question already answered or covered elsewhere, but wasn't able to locate.

Basically, I currently have a FastPass for the Stars of the Saga Celebrity Talk Show on Friday the 12th, but my fiancée was only able to get FastPasses recently and was not able to get one. First, do the people with FastPasses to these shows sit in a separate section than those on standby? If the same section, would it be "possible" to hold a seat for someone coming in later?

Secondly, would it even be impossible for someone to get into the theater without FastPass without having to wait for a long time?

Finally, are the FastPasses for these shows pretty much gone forever? Or is there any chance of more spots being released closer to the day?

Thank you in advance!

Sunday was our big SWW day. We had FP+ for the Rebels show, SOTS and An Ewok's Tale (I'd made that one in case we slept in too late and missed it the day before).

We started out the day by waking up a little before 5. We were in the car and ready to go on time, but then we realized the car had a flat tire.

I jumped into action and went to the All Star Sports lobby to request a cab. One was called and he had arrived in approx 5 minutes. We made it to DHS around 5:45 and Stephanie and I hopped into Warwick's line while the other 2 got into Vanessa Marshall's line. They were about 20th in line and we actually weren't too far back for Warwick.

We were given our wristbands around6:30-6:45. It was nice because CMs gave us a time warning of when they'd pass out the bands so we could be sure to be there.

We weren't given the actual FP until sometime around 7:20, which I thought was cutting it close as the park would open soon. But the process went really fast. Our Vanessa Marshall people were able to ask for a later time FP and were given it no problem.

After we got our FP my BF and his mom decided to go back to the room and nap. Stephanie and I were about 10 people back from our tapstyle. The park opened and we were only 3 rows back from the opening stormtrooper show. If you want pictures of the opening show, have your cameras ready when you see the stormtroopers start to come down the street, there are some cool action shots at the very start.

Stephanie and I were going to attempt the Chewie 5k today. She is a much faster and more aggressive walker/runner than I am, so I told her to go have fun and I walked sedately along with everyone else, secure in my spot.

Sure enough, I finally caught up and she had got there first. I got to talk to a DIS boards lurker who was second in line behind us (if your reading this post and say hi!). We messed around and got some speeder bike pics before Chewie came out. The photopass photographer will take your photo on the bike too if you ask. Chewie came out about right on time! And I was super excited to see Logray with him! I really like that the ewoks start in the morning this year.

After Chewie there are only so many options. You can try to get some rides in, get in line for Vader or go shopping. None of the other characters are out at that point. Since we'd see Vader at breakfast we opted to get in line for Darth Maul, who came out at 9. We sat and relaxed in the line until he came out a few minutes late. We were about 10 groups back but it was so entertaining seeing people interact with Maul that we had a great time waiting.

I wish the characters would come out earlier. After Maul, we decided to go shopping. There was no wait at Xwing Collectibles. I have to say...I was disappointed in the merchandise this year. Last year I walked away with numerous pins, vinylmations, knick knacks and a Kessel Run Millenium Falcon print. This year I only liked the passholder pin and some small Small World style post card prints.

The other store had about a 10 minute wait. We could only get the bantha aurasma pic to work while we waited.

Everything I liked in this store was too expensive (the Ezra lightsaber, which is half the price at Target and some of the Her Universe stuff). I was also a little disappointed in the snack bar this year. I was not in the mood for alcohol that early and I wish they'd had more food/snack options.

We were really hungry at this point and the parade was getting close to starting, so we headed to starbucks for breakfast and a drink to wake up. This was a MISTAKE. Starbucks was incredibly crowded and it took over half an hour to order and get our stuff. When we were done the parade was starting soon. We'd decided that with the insane crowds this year we were only going to catch the 501st part. Disney needs to make this parade route longer. After we fought our way off the main street we easily found a shady spot near the Indiana Jones stunt show. We both really enjoyed the 501st costumes!

Next up I think we went over to get in line for the Clone wars characters. We were told that we were too early and the line wasn't forming yet so we sat in a shady area and watched the line. The CM turned away a few other groups trying to line up, then unfortunately he went on his break and I didn't notice so about 4 groups lined up and weren't sent away before I realized our CM was gone so we rushed up and got in line too. Assajj Ventress was out first, which was good for us because we'd missed her last year. We had a great interaction where she tried to twist off my poor stuffed taun taun's head (he is still traumatized). After that we got back into line for Ahsoka who was due next. The CMs will tell you that you can't let people ahead of you in line, but we found if you do it quietly back in the last corner it will work out. We were able to then meet Ahsoka and Rex.

At this point Brian met back up with us and it was time for the Rebels show. We got pretty good seats and enjoyed the polls again until the show started. I really liked the opening sketch with the Rebels characters. Then JAT and Vanessa Marshall came out. It was a great show, but I thought it was really short.

Then Stephanie and I had a very narrow window to use our Warwick FP before SOTS. We saw JAT rushing around inside the autograph center, probably on his way to SOTS. We got our Warwick autographs and had a nice chat with him, then rushed off for the SOTS. Brian had waited for us outside and said the CMs were pulling random people inside to get Silas Carson's autograph.

I think our seats for SOTS were pretty decent. I enjoyed the pre show, but think that I liked last year's better.

Ugh, I feel like this post is very long so I will finish Sunday in a bit.

Trying to upload some pics from our weekend!!! DS has been trying to convince us to go again this weekend (and the next two after that!!) wish we could.

Is there a way to upload pics on a phone (either from my cell phone gallery or a website like shutterfly?) or do I need to use a laptop??

Boo. I didn't know I missed a 5k. This SWW is daunting to figure out. I didn't see that in the map last week. Are there any more 5ks in the coming weeks?

Trying to upload some pics from our weekend!!! DS has been trying to convince us to go again this weekend (and the next two after that!!) wish we could.

Is there a way to upload pics on a phone (either from my cell phone gallery or a website like shutterfly?) or do I need to use a laptop??
I used to use photobucket and then link the album from there. This year I'm just using facebook and getting the link to my album. From your phone is a tedious task cause you have to go one by one

I will be canceling a GALACTIC BREAKFAST for June 5th at 10:30am for a party of 4. Please PM to coordinate. I know someone was looking for a Galactic on this day but I've searched the pages and can not locate them :( I hope someone who has been crazy searching for a table will see this. I know how hard it is to find a spot for this meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter