Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been here now three days. We're planning on heading to Star Wars weekend this Friday. We're staying at POFQ which is a short drive. We are planning on arriving around 7:00 AM or so. I had thought about driving, but I'm concerned the parking lot will be pretty full at that time. Any guidance on the question on bus versus personal vehicle?

If you get there before 7am, like at 6:50 or so, you will miss most of the rush because a ton of people plan on being there right at 7am or by 7:15. So just leave 10 minutes earlier, and that will save you a lot of grief, trust me. I've been to many SWW, usually get there 5:30-6am, and the people pour in right at 7am every single time.

What am I missing here. I'm going Friday and bought the Feel the Force Premium Package at Disney's Hollywood Studios and it says be there at 10, but I see people saying get there by 6 am and that many people get there at 7. I don't want to miss out on anything so some kind of assistance would be great.

What am I missing here. I'm going Friday and bought the Feel the Force Premium Package at Disney's Hollywood Studios and it says be there at 10, but I see people saying get there by 6 am and that many people get there at 7. I don't want to miss out on anything so some kind of assistance would be great.

The check-in while in the park for the FtF Premium Package is at 10 am to pick up your credentials for the parade/show spots etc. The park still opens at 8, the stormtroopers have the preopening show and let people in at 7:45, and people want to do things right away.

Ok - could use some help... right now we have Jedi Mickey reservations for Sunday the 7th at 7:20 (when we also have FTF DPP) and also on Tuesday the 9th, our last night and our only Epcot day. Need to cancel one. Is it too much to do Jedi Mickey dinner and the desert party back to back or does that make more sense than missing some Epcot time - how long does the boat from Epcot take? We will have a just turned 3 yr old and 7 yr old in tow so no walking.

PS - I know it's going to be hot, but as I listen to day 1 million of rain in Dallas, with a forecast of rain everyday until we leave next week, I'm looking forward to heat for once in my life since it means finally seeing the sun!!!

The check-in while in the park for the FtF Premium Package is at 10 am to pick up your credentials for the parade/show spots etc. The park still opens at 8, the stormtroopers have the preopening show and let people in at 7:45, and people want to do things right away.

Ok I got it and thanks. I'm going to specifically see the parade, shows, just get the feel of what SW weekend is all about, etc. I do want to see the stormtroopers show as well so I guess I will be getting there at 7 as well since I have 830 breakfast reservations at Hollywood and Vine.

I've never had my personal vehicle at Disney but we stayed at POFQ last weekend and were at the bus stop by 6:45 last Friday and almost immediately had a bus come. We were about 5 families back from the turnstiles. What I saw of the parking lot didn't look very full to me at that time though.

Just curious, how long was the bus ride from there to the parks? Were the buses crowded that early? Did they make other stops? Glad to hear you made it to the turnstiles pretty early! We're staying at PO-riverside, and I wasn't sure if the buses would be ok or we should consider getting a cab for SWW.

What's the best and fastest way to get from Poly to HS. I have an 830 breakfast reservation and want to be at HS early enough to see the stormtroopers preopening show.

Hi! And yes! I have one set left. Would you like just Ashley or the entire set?
I would love the whole set. We are arriving at the Boardwalk on Thursday, are you going to be in Disney? I keep seeing that I have messages but have no idea how to get them so I am going to post my email kabdelvalle@gmail.com if you want to message me. Thanks so much

The mat simply is decorated with "Star Wars Weekend 2015" on the bottom (I ordered it from Etsy). I will definitely let you know how it goes. I figured worst case scenario I could "cut out" the autographs from the card (assuming we at least get that) and attach them to the mat, but I'm sure that would look really cheesy and would just tick me of every time I looked at it! Lol!! I'm hoping since we have a specialized item I can convince someone to help us out, but we'll see. We still probably would have done the breakfast even knowing they didn't sign, but I may have rethought the mat, as we don't plan to meet a ton of characters, and it will look stupid only half-filled :)

I got a mat with the same idea....We will be there tomorrow so I will let you know what happens

Just curious, how long was the bus ride from there to the parks? Were the buses crowded that early? Did they make other stops? Glad to hear you made it to the turnstiles pretty early! We're staying at PO-riverside, and I wasn't sure if the buses would be ok or we should consider getting a cab for SWW.
I would say it was maybe around a 10 minute bus ride. We did stop at the riverside stops after our pickup, and it was just us and one other family:) I may be wrong but as we were arriving at HS I saw another bus leaving that had POFQ on it. So I'm thinking there were even earlier buses that came around too.

Ok - could use some help... right now we have Jedi Mickey reservations for Sunday the 7th at 7:20 (when we also have FTF DPP) and also on Tuesday the 9th, our last night and our only Epcot day. Need to cancel one. Is it too much to do Jedi Mickey dinner and the desert party back to back or does that make more sense than missing some Epcot time - how long does the boat from Epcot take? We will have a just turned 3 yr old and 7 yr old in tow so no walking.

PS - I know it's going to be hot, but as I listen to day 1 million of rain in Dallas, with a forecast of rain everyday until we leave next week, I'm looking forward to heat for once in my life since it means finally seeing the sun!!!
Dinner and dessert party the same day is a lot but depends on how much you eat. Are you planning on using the dessert party to stuff yourselves silly (That's always my plan by BTW?) or more for a spot to chill out, have some drinks and so me desserts and just enjoy?
If it's the first then you'll be pretty stuffed from dinner but if it's the second I think you're fine.
The boat ride is about 20 minutes each way and then add to that whatever time you wait for the boat, which shouldn't be more than 20 minutes.
Hope this helps

DD is a Fant performer so I have a completely different perspective than most... and the angry reports aren't in this thread.
It's an entire different view from backstage this whole deal. I haven't really commented that much on Characterpalooza (name not given by Disney BTW) But I'll give my opinion and move along with the SWW thread.
The random character appearances started because of the closing of Block Party Bash. Disney wanted to give a surprise to guests just walking around the park and "magically" seeing characters around the bend
It worked perfectly on SoA, there was space, their sets would only be 20 min. so it was a fast in and out.
Because of Frozen taking over Premiere Theater that area became busier and doing it over there was a challenge because the amount of guest traffic, So they moved it to ToT gates, again a secluded part of the park, only if you were in the gift shop or exiting the attraction you would see them.
The schedule got leaked, and it started to be a mess. The ToT gates is one of the safety emergency gates if anything happens inside the park, they open these gates you see everywhere for guest to get out quickly.
It IS a safety issue, so now they started doing it randomly, some days they don't do it, some days they do, maybe switch spots, to make it safe again.
Now the whole, "If Disney had these characters out there wouldn't be this problem" I totally agree with and I hope they are taking this into consideration.
But it has stopped being a surprise thing to a scheduled thing and that's where the failure comes from. This is not done by regular entertainment CM, this is F! management using their characters before the shows so they have very limited options on times that they could do it.
TBH I'm surprised Disney has decided to keep doing it, they could easily just say: no more random character meets and that's it. It was never on the Disney schedule, it was never meant to be on any schedule. And it is a safety concern when parents shove kids in to get a picture.
And in the wise words of Forrest Gump...and that's all I have to say about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter