Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a non-SWW question but you guys are all so helpful I'm going to ask here.

On May 28 we are going to the Magic Kingdom which has MEMH that day from 8am to 9pm. I was able to snag 2 different BOG breakfast ADRs for that day but I'm not sure which one I should keep.

I have one at 8:05am which would get me into the park a few minutes early but we'd be spending a good part of MEMH at breakfast. Then I have one at 9:15am which means we could enjoy the hour of MEMH and then eat breakfast. I'll be there with my 2 boys who don't care about Elsa & Anna and we have a FP+ for the SDMT later in the day so we won't be doing a mad dash to either of those.

So I guess it comes down to a few minutes in an uncrowded park on the way to an 8:05 breakfast or going through Tomorrowland and Fantasyland for an hour prior to breakfast (I'm correct that Splash and BTMRR would not be open during MEMH?).

Thanks for your input!

I would take the second one. You can get so much done in morning EMH at MK.

Would we still be able to see fireworks with an 8:05 rh reservation? Trying to decide between pre dinner snack/drink at 4:10 or post dinner drink dessert at 8:05, we have Jedi Mickey at 5:55

if you don't mind waiting for breakfast a bit later I would do attractions first thing. You could get 2 or 3 attractions in before breakfast

Thanks - is it true we wouldn't be able to get into Frontierland? No Splash or BTMRR?

I looked thru the blog questions/responses. I also want to know if the Han Solo souvenir box will be same as the popcorn bucket. My DH wants the bucket but I'm sure they'll be sold out before we get there (6/12). Anyone have a clue?

I have a non-SWW question but you guys are all so helpful I'm going to ask here.

On May 28 we are going to the Magic Kingdom which has MEMH that day from 8am to 9am. I was able to snag 2 different BOG breakfast ADRs for that day but I'm not sure which one I should keep.

I have one at 8:05am which would get me into the park a few minutes early but we'd be spending a good part of MEMH at breakfast. Then I have one at 9:15am which means we could enjoy the hour of MEMH and then eat breakfast. I'll be there with my 2 boys who don't care about Elsa & Anna and we have a FP+ for the SDMT later in the day so we won't be doing a mad dash to either of those.

So I guess it comes down to a few minutes in an uncrowded park on the way to an 8:05 breakfast or going through Tomorrowland and Fantasyland for an hour prior to breakfast (I'm correct that Splash and BTMRR would not be open during MEMH?).

Thanks for your input!
My preference would be the second breakfast so that we could enjoy the less crowded time in the park before breakfast.

I looked thru the blog questions/responses. I also want to know if the Han Solo souvenir box will be same as the popcorn bucket. My DH wants the bucket but I'm sure they'll be sold out before we get there (6/12). Anyone have a clue?
not sure. But if you really want one I could buy it for you and we can meet when you come.

remember Frank Oz show is at 5:15pm, if you're planning on skipping that then you're fine

I can't check FP availability yet coz I'm offsite but I'm assuming I won't get that one anyway?

I could pop back on June 14th for shows if I need to. Once I can start booking FP I might switch things around....they joy of planning...!

From the blog:
Hi Maria, there is not a children’s menu – but they may enjoy sharing the The Dark Fried or Lightsaber Bites.
icon_smile.gif

I can't check FP availability yet coz I'm offsite but I'm assuming I won't get that one anyway?

I could pop back on June 14th for shows if I need to. Once I can start booking FP I might switch things around....they joy of planning...!
I wouldn't lose hope on that. They ma have put a hold on some fp for us locals, AP holder, off siters.

LOVE IT!!! How or where did you get the pics printed on fabric, or are they iron on? If so has it washed well? TY!! Beautiful!!!

I had the panel printed by a company called fabrics on demand. Not sure if I should post a link but if you google search, you will find it. I created the collage photo from our photopass images. If I recall correctly it was about $40 shipped to have it printed and I had it within 2 weeks of first contact with them. My mother did all the sewing and she was extremely surprised with how the print turned out, even had some of her acquaintances from the local fabric store impressed. This company claims they make custom print fabric that can be used for anything. They state in the FAQ that the prints will not bleed, run, or smudge, but will wear with the fabric over time. We have washed the quilt a few times and have not seen anything out of the ordinary. I am happy with the results.

I'd love to know if the characters have "handlers" at the meals (who might be willing to take a picture)? This is my "me" weekend so yes, I will be the crazy lady sitting alone for the Jedi Mickey and Galactic Breakfast meals...and this crazy lady would really like to have her picture taken with the characters :)

You aren't crazy at all! I'd be going by myself if I had to. Most guests are usually more than willing to help you out as well. If your there the second weekend I'll take pics for you :)

Thanks for the answers on the hat and thoughts on the meals. I'm sure I can find a reason to go to Target this week to see what they have or I'll find something when I am down there. I own plenty of Braves baseball caps that I rarely wear, so I could just wear one of those, but I *need* a Star Wars hat for SWW. It's necessary. :)

For the meals, I will be by myself so it may be hard for me to get good pictures at the meals without having to constantly ask for help, which is difficult for my shy introverted self, but I am planning on getting Memory Maker, so I would have photopass photographer at other locations. And while autographs aren't the most important thing to me, I am thinking of getting a light saber and having it signed by characters and actors. So an autograph card wouldn't work for me there. In terms of food, like I said, I will do the breakfast (possibly even both weekends) because I love breakfast food, but for dinner, the Rebel Lounge seems like a good substitute. Anyway, those are my thoughts and of course everyone has their own opinions on everything, so we all get to make our own decisions. :)

Last year we had jat sign an obi wan light saber! I think it looks really cool.

not sure. But if you really want one I could buy it for you and we can meet when you come.
OMG I think I love you!!!! I've been trying to figure out what my budget would be to buy it on eBay. Yes pleeeeeaaaase!! If you can get one that would be amazing. I'll be at SWW on 6/12 and 6/13 and can stop in on 6/14th if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter