Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to add on what @MunchkinandSugarBear said.
My friend did the breakfast last year and she said that the characters felt rushed, maybe because of the whole time thing. This year for dinner she said that they had great interactions with all of them, all the characters were playful and it didn't seem rushed at all.
I'm doing dinner Sunday and will give an unbiased report

Sorry but I do not book a character breakfast for the food. You may think it's crazy but I can get scrambled eggs and bacon and waffles anywhere and not pay $50. My main goal with any character meal has always been the characters . Glad many people will go before we get there so I can make a more informed decision .

Just as personal opinion and what I guess you could call "support" for the whole pre-autographed thing. We did the breakfast last year on May the 4th, and we were expecting delays not only was this the first year they were doing the breakfast but also the first breakfast EVER. Our ADR got pushed back by over an hour and a half just to get into Sci-Fi. And when we did get into the building its easy to tell why they went with the cards the family in front of us was 8 total members. Each one had to separately take a pic with Vader and Boba and three different pictures with them all together plus each of the four kids wanted an autograph and a personal conversation. By the time we got to Vader and Boba another 30-45 mins had passed. By this time it was already 11:30. We didn't feel rushed for the meal but the kids in front of us were disappointed because they stormtroopers never got to their table because they got sat when we did which was already running into scheduled lunch ADR's. So while we got to have our breakfast and see characters 1/4 of it wasn't star wars themed becuase they HAD to switch to normal setting. Plus they also gave us "tickets" to see Fantasmic in the dining package area that night and a golden FP for any ride. And we weren't the only ones. And I'm sure they had to o the same the whole day for all the other ADR's that got so far pushed back. My feeling is that they have done this with the cards as that is an easier place to limit how long people spend there because they can't put a limit on to how long you stay and eat and soak in the atmosphere.

Even with all the curfuffle of last year the BF and I booked the breakfast again this year for the 16th the very day it was announced they would do it again. The food is awesome (which saying that you didn't book an ADR for food is just weird..then just pack a sandwich for lines and save some $$$ for merch.) The atmosphere was perfect and the character interaction we got was so awesome! It made our May the Fourth magical. So before you go cancelling because of one presigned card and get into a tizzy about please remember all the other perks you are getting for the $ and that these meals are something that is extra special even with a card.

There is no way that much of a delay would work into my schedule. I would have been so upset to waste that much time waiting. It totally negates the argument about getting the ADR to avoid waiting in line to get autographs.

LOL that DPB finally got its act together!! Seriously - how do folks survive a Disney trip without threads like these?:rotfl:

I expect my DH will discover this sometime in the next week and ask me about it...good thing I am waaaaayyy ahead of the curve:thumbsup2

I know me too, but we have ressies for each weekend so we can try them all without such a big hit.
If anyone wants to ask the same questions it's better because then she will be forced to answer ;)
I asked on prices too-and if it is a table vs quick service

When I'm trying to make a decision I always make a pros and cons list. Here's my pros and cons on character meals
Pros: you get to meet multiple characters, in A/C without waiting several hours in the sun and heat or worse, they get cancelled because of rain.
you get a good quality, star wars themed meal, The breakfast has a great SW atmosphere. A great place to sit down, again in A/C and relax for an hour
At breakfast you get a cute lightsaber souvenir and Dinner you get a free download of your pick with Jedi Mickey
Cons: Price
Some characters will not sign your book but you will receive their autographs on cards

And then make the best decision that acomodates you and your family

There's quite a bit of availability for the Rebel Hangar on 6/13 and 6/14 now.

Would anyone suggest pushing back my 4:00 Hangar reservation to 4:15 since we'll probably be heading there from SotS? I thought we might be OK since most places have a 15 minute grace period, but not sure. Guess we won't really know until May 15th.

I was alternatively thinking that if I had a 4:15, it could already be a bit hectic inside assuming people are waiting for walk-ups too - we're essentially going there for appetizers and drinks before Jedi Mickey at 6:25, so we're not in a HUGE rush.

There's quite a bit of availability for the Rebel Hangar on 6/13 and 6/14 now.

Would anyone suggest pushing back my 4:00 Hangar reservation to 4:15 since we'll probably be heading there from SotS? I thought we might be OK since most places have a 15 minute grace period, but not sure. Guess we won't really know until May 15th.

I was alternatively thinking that if I had a 4:15, it could already be a bit hectic inside assuming people are waiting for walk-ups too - we're essentially going there for appetizers and drinks before Jedi Mickey at 6:25, so we're not in a HUGE rush.
I would push it back so that you're not rushing from SotS to the Hangar

First post here anywhere, huge thank you to everyone on this thread.
I was able to snag a 5:10 reservation for Rebel Hangar. How long should I plan on a meal like this taking in my plans? We have a FP+ for the 7:00 Obi-Wan and Beyond show. My gut tells me this is more than enough time but I wanted to make sure we won't be pushing it.

Sorry but I do not book a character breakfast for the food. You may think it's crazy but I can get scrambled eggs and bacon and waffles anywhere and not pay $50. My main goal with any character meal has always been the characters . Glad many people will go before we get there so I can make a more informed decision .

Which is why I suggested that if the Character personalized autographs and individual pictures are the ONLY thing you care about then cancel the ADR. Pack some sandwiches or whatever and stand in their lines. Because otherwise I have a strong feeling you will feel like the $ you spent on the meal could have been used elsewhere. Again just personal but we liked it so much not because of "no wait" for charecters and their interaction but the other things I mentioned.

There is no way that much of a delay would work into my schedule. I would have been so upset to waste that much time waiting. It totally negates the argument about getting the ADR to avoid waiting in line to get autographs.

And I completely understand how that something like this would throw people so far off course. For us we didn't have a tight plan that day we had FP but we could certainly miss those. We got to see characters that we wouldn't stand in line for, plus we got to eat great food AND so much of it that we weren't hungry that day until way later in the evening. And just the atmosphere of the meal made it and even the whole mess so worth it for us.

I was able to snag a 5:10 reservation for Rebel Hangar. How long should I plan on a meal like this taking in my plans? We have a FP+ for the 7:00 Obi-Wan and Beyond show. My gut tells me this is more than enough time but I wanted to make sure we won't be pushing it.
:welcome: seriously what is it about this thread that makes the long time lurkers come out of hiding, I love it!!
You'll be fine, time wise

and she has a link to Darth's Mall but it's from last year smh

I know me too, but we have ressies for each weekend so we can try them all without such a big hit.
If anyone wants to ask the same questions it's better because then she will be forced to answer ;)

Here's what I asked. I didn't want to make it too similar so that they don't post it

I too would like to know. Are there going to be characters walking around? Both from the “light side” and from the “dark side”? Also what are the prices on the items? Are any of the drinks getting glow cubes and anything “special”? I just so excited for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter